I remember when I met one of my nephews again after he had grown up a bit. I think he was like 8-9 at the time.

He was a little spoil brat (this I can actually blame on my sister's upbringing of him) who didn't know respect and when to listen and stop doing shit when someone told him to.

I wanted to beat the bloody fuck out the little bastard but I had to hold back:

• 1) Wasn't my kid.
  • 2) The parents couldn't be trusted to take it simply as reactive disciplinary action on my part.
  • 3) I was in the Navy then and couldn't afford something as retarded as a domestic violence issue while I was on leave in the US from JPN.
If he was my kid or I knew the parent wouldn't mind, I'd at least slap the shit out of him. However, considering the circumstances, I had to restrain myself and play it safe. It's not like I have to live with or deal with the little asshole everyday. Plus I did give a shit about my career then.

It sucks when you realize you can very well risk and fuck up your own life in the name of trying to raise your child(ren) so they're not some ass or bum once they grow.

The really shitty part? It's the parents that DO give a damn about their children that get fucked with the Child "abuse" laws that basicially outlaw any "extreme" actions taken in the attempt to discipline a child.