A general "animal_girl" tag would get more use.
We use "fox", "cat", and "dog" because those are the three most popular and generic types of "beast" girls in the anime world. We do not tag for other types of animals, and we do not tag for things like dragon girls or girls representing other mythical beasts or insects or non mammals. "Animal ears" and "tail" and even "wings" are meant to incorporate every type of anime girl based on any type of animal or beast. There is also a pool specifically meant for girls (or guys) who are partially animal. This includes (but is not limited to) things like lamias, centaurs, and spider women.

Point is it's just not sustainable to go and make a tag for every type of animal girl. I get that there's an anime out now with horse girls, but if someone were interested in that they'd be able to find what they were looking for without the need for a general tag.
otaku_emmy said:
And as far as that goes, someone looking for specifically those characters need only click the tag for the anime.
Fair enough.

Senakysam said:
A general "animal_girl" tag would get more use.
No, the work for tagging every girl that would fall under that tag would be hideous.
When you think about it, the actual anime title has "horse girl" in it. :p
Regarding rom and ram from the neptunia series, especially post #229515 and post #266122

Some of the posts aren't tagged with loli despite the fact that they're 13 and 14 years old (this goes for their HDD form too), and Neptune even called them the loli sisters in the games.

So, what should we do here?
post #266122

That's would be something.
uploaded it only bc there is the parent post :<
*cry
Regarding those specific posts, they don't look "loli" at all. To me, they only look like kids when they have the brown hair. But in those they look way older than even 13 or 14.

Also, I don't think boards officially consider 13 or 14 to be "loli". As an example, Sachiko from Cinderella Girls is only 14, but explicit content featuring her is allowed.

So I'll remove it for now.
If the character looks loli, it is tagged loli (regardless of the characters reported age i.e. post #67758 - to_aru_majutsu_no_index tsukuyomi_komoe, if the character looks adult, it is not tagged loli.....regardless of the back story. There are a couple of "historic exceptions" in particular: to_love_ru yuuki_mikan - I am not fully familiar with the history, I understand there was "a clash of titans".

The fact is, the people who can (and have) blocked country wide access to konachan.com don't watch anime, don't care about the back story, they only care about the visual content of the image post. Tagging adult looking characters, explicit loli because of the "back story" only denies the average member the opportunity to view the image.
BattlequeenYume said:
post #266122

That's would be something.
uploaded it only bc there is the parent post :<
*cry
This is why I added the tag for the parent and the child in the first place.

To stay on topic, I'm still trying to find the "line" where they should be tagged as one or not, and I'm not going to lie, this is quite a difficult task for me due to the fact that they all looks like kids.
Maybe, it is due to the fact that I have children, or that, I'm not watching anime anymore.
Anyway, I'll keep in mind what was said here for future tagging.
The opposite can also be true. Futaba Anzu is 17 but is usually always drawn in a very childlike manner. So, here, she's often tagged as "loli".

I don't know the story or lore behind Neptunia, so I don't know why Ram and Rom look so different between their forms, but their pink and bluish forms don't come across as loli to me in any of the posts I looked over.
I went ahead and aliased terabyte_(rook777) to koh_(minagi_kou) because it's what the artists goes by and what other boards are using.
I think fruit and lemon should be like... separate tags y'know.
a tag for adult_neptune was created, but there's already a tag for her: neptune_(neptunia_vii).

So should we stick with adult_neptune (Seems better though), or with neptune_(neptunia_vii)?

As for fruit and lemon, I can't see why it should be separate, a lemon is a fruit.
Shizko said:
As for fruit and lemon, I can't see why it should be separate, a lemon is a fruit.
You're right, but I said that because srawberry is a separate tag, and so are other fruit tags here, so why not separate lemons in case someone wants to specifically search for lemons, instead of typing up lemons, that leads to some pics that don't have lemons… lol am I making sense?
Shizko said:
a tag for adult_neptune was created, but there's already a tag for her: neptune_(neptunia_vii).

So should we stick with adult_neptune (Seems better though), or with neptune_(neptunia_vii)?
My bad. I didn't know.

I'll fix it.
We don't offer privileges to substandard objects. A strawberry is a girls delight. A lemon, is most definitely not, as it is sour. Some may like it. At this point we're turning to symbolism, of sorts. Of sorts. A strawberry will eternally be a prime candidate for cakes and whatever pastry is to be made. Lemons, are a rare specimen.
Strawberries have always been of higher standing in reachable lands. Lemons, they are from the common ground. We don't accentuate smallfolk. We are not and do not support communism. As such, I would appreciate if communist drivel is to never be brought up in relevant discussions!
Hmph!

hehe
Lol ok ok strawberries have a higher status quo then lemons. I won't say more of this :p
Also, oranges (and orange variants) have their own tag because they have more cultural significance than, say, a lemon. Seeing a stack of mikan on a kotatsu or seeing a big orange on top of a New Year's display is a very Japanese thing. And this is a somewhat Japanese-y image board.
otaku_emmy said:
Also, oranges (and orange variants) have their own tag because they have more cultural significance than, say, a lemon. Seeing a stack of mikan on a kotatsu or seeing a big orange on top of a New Year's display is a very Japanese thing. And this is a somewhat Japanese-y image board.
understood
Just incase someone wonders what happened in the tag history:
y'shtola is now y'shtola_rhul
yda_(ffxiv) is now yda_hext
minfilia is now minfilia_warde
This brings the tags in line with the official lore book for FFXIV.
Some other characters changed too, but they only have 1 post.
Regarding the omega_sisters's tags:

omega_ray was changed for omega_rei, but on her official twitter, it's clearly written ray.

So which one do we use here?
My B. I'll change it to "Ray".
what if waterdog becomes an alias for rerrere?
Regarding the character tag the_order_grande:

Her true name is zooey_(granblue_fantasy), what if we make the_order_grande an alias of her true name?
Shizko said:
Regarding the character tag the_order_grande:

Her true name is zooey_(granblue_fantasy), what if we make the_order_grande an alias of her true name?
From what I understand, "Zooey" is the name she gave herself because she didn't like being referred to as "The Order Grande". So it's not really her name.

But since it's what everyone else uses we probably should switch too.
otaku_emmy said:
Luna isn't the best with copyright and character tags (even when they're obvious), unfortunately. :T
Most, if not all the idolmaster_cinderella_girls's posts now have all their characters tagged. (except old posts with many characters, didn't really had the faith for now.)

and regarding post #238790 :

The girl on the right is the trainer of the group, her name in the manga seems to be aoki_mei, but, like the producer, she's always called trainer.

otaku_emmy said:
From what I understand, "Zooey" is the name she gave herself because she didn't like being referred to as "The Order Grande". So it's not really her name.
Sorry for the late answer, couldn't really have access to internet in the hospital.
Didn't know that, thought it was just here true name, my bad.
The no_pantsu!! tag seems redundant with the nopan tag. The nopan tag is more widely used (over 4500 nopan vs. less 20 no_pantsu!!) so the no_pantsu!! tag is the one that should be removed.
vgadict said:
The no_pantsu!! tag seems redundant with the nopan tag. The nopan tag is more widely used (over 4500 nopan vs. less 20 no_pantsu!!) so the no_pantsu!! tag is the one that should be removed.
.................Honey, that's the title of a game.

P.S. And thank you so much for your help, Shizko. I really do appreciate it.
otaku_emmy said:
.................Honey, that's the title of a game.
Really? I had no idea. After some googling, I finally found details about it ( https://vndb.org/v4504 ) and discovered this VN was released way back in 2010 (package & DL versions) but it looks like it's never had any other releases since then. It's not surprising that I wasn't familiar with an 8-year old VN without an English release or translation.

Based on the fact there's a special tag just for this game, does that imply that pics from every ero-game released over the past decade also have their own unique tags? If so, that seems like it would lead to a tremendous amount of tag proliferation over time. If not, then why does this specific game merit having it's own tag?