slayerduck said:
... i moved konachan to a different server ...
Didn't keep the servers IPv4 and IPv6 addresses on a sticky note, but it's still located in the netherlands. Does the explicit loli thing also take place in the netherlands? Or was it a thing back in the days the server was in spain? Please don't call me dumb :) I'm just asking because I'm not that much in touch with the laws outside of good ol' germany.
The explicit-loli policy, has not changed - still forbidden.
It appears since the server move, the API broke a bit. All the url's are missing the HTTPS: at the begining.

For example:
file_url="//konachan.com/image/d4ff8984d213276f2dce308e27eb4b35/Konachan.com%20-%20232657%20braids%20hyperdimension_neptunia%20kazenokaze%20purple_heart%20sky%20thighhighs%20wings.png"
It's not just the API. The register at window.Post.posts._object which many features use is the same. The thumbnail on the history pages would be one example.

Surprisingly, Firefox doesn't have a problem with urls including the domain but omitting the protocol. I assume most browsers are the same or we would have heard about it by now.

Still though, it will cause problems with scripts and programs that use the API or DOM Post data so we should fix it.
The moebooru add-on for Kodi* (http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Moebooru ) being one of said programs. I had to manually edit its default.py file in order to make the add-on properly display previews and pictures.

This add-on can be installed within Kodi as a picture add-on through its repository or manually via a ZIP file (look for "plugin.image.moebooru-0.9.0.zip" on Google).

What I did is replacing (in default.py file) all instances of:
- img.get("jpeg_url", "")
- img.get("preview_url","")
respectively by:
- "http:"+img.get("jpeg_url", "")
- "http:"+img.get("preview_url","")

Indeed this is temporary and until this issue gets resolved.

*Kodi is a media center app available for many OSes. Its latest version is 16.1 (codenamed "Jarvis")
Uh, what happened to the advertisements? all I'm seeing is this image.
Konachan's server was off-line for a while yesterday as well.
Make sure you're only using konachan.com. When you're on konachan.net, you won't see images rated Questionable or Explicit.
Excuse me, i have a problem with my account. Suddenly i cant log in so i reset my password via email. But i dont recevied one !?. I used "reset password" many times but it dont work
My ID: [redacted]
My Email: [redacted]
LegendSkies set up the account 4 years ago, did you change your email at some point during that time and not update it on your settings page? Only an Administrator can see your settings and verify your email address.
I think not, my current email is [email protected] so i dont what happen to my account :(
My Chrome sometimes log out but i always log in back fine but this time i cant
I suggest you don't post your e-mail without at least replacing @ and . with something else. Any bot that scans this page could (at least) put you on a spam list.

EDIT: I got a bug to report too. For quite a while now the logo on top of the page doesn't load on .net
@Dummy, the logo loads for me, both when I am logged in and when I am not. I am using firefox, latest version.

@NyanNyanDesu, I Dmailed Alaron, our Admin about your problem. I noted that both your current login and the last login from LegendSkies comes from the same IP address, so he may be able to help you. It is a matter of proving identity and unfortunately you seem to have had little or no interaction with any of the regular members which could help verify that you are indeed LegendSkies, but for your IP address.

Unfortunately, your password has most likely been reset, so even if it were a browser issue, attempting to login using a different browser with your password probably will not work. If you still have access to any of your earlier email accounts, that you may have used, check them, you may be able to recover your password from one of them.

At any rate, if you can recall the email account name that you would have used 4 years ago, even if it does not exist anymore, that would be a key piece of user verification data as only the administrators can see that.
Kiho said:
@Dummy, the logo loads for me, both when I am logged in and when I am not. I am using firefox, latest version.
Oh, I think I see what's going on. On .net the logo isn't sent over https and my browser blocked it. On .com everything is sent over https.
Kiho said:
@NyanNyanDesu, I Dmailed Alaron, our Admin about your problem. I noted that both your current login and the last login from LegendSkies comes from the same IP address, so he may be able to help you. It is a matter of proving identity and unfortunately you seem to have had little or no interaction with any of the regular members which could help verify that you are indeed LegendSkies, but for your IP address.

Unfortunately, your password has most likely been reset, so even if it were a browser issue, attempting to login using a different browser with your password probably will not work. If you still have access to any of your earlier email accounts, that you may have used, check them, you may be able to recover your password from one of them.

At any rate, if you can recall the email account name that you would have used 4 years ago, even if it does not exist anymore, that would be a key piece of user verification data as only the administrators can see that.
I remembered when i sign-up i wrote [redacted]... not [redacted] so when i reset password via gmail i used L..S.. it say it doesn exist anymore but i wrote legend... it say a new password had been sent -> i checked gmail -> i dont see any of them
ahuhu TT^TT. Can someones help me get the account back
NyanNyanDesu said:
Excuse me, i have a problem with my account. Suddenly i cant log in so i reset my password via email. But i dont recevied one !?. I used "reset password" many times but it dont work
My ID: [redacted]
My Email: [redacted]
I've messaged you with your temp password to your original account.

I've also redacted personal information from this post.
Lately the original image files are taking longer to load, especially if they are larger. For example post #243190 takes a few seconds to even start downloading the original jpg. Other stuff doesn't seem to be affected.
I think I'm having the same problem.
Filled-in voting stars (using character U+2605 BLACK STAR) aren't showing up for me anymore and the "vote up" text is displaying in dingbats. Both the stars and "vote up" text has font-family set to "Zapf Dingbats". On Linux (through Fontconfig), "Zapf Dingbats" is aliased to "D050000L" which doesn't have a glyph for BLACK STAR. I tried installing a font called "ITC Zapf Dingbats" that I found online but it doesn't seem to have BLACK STAR either. The hollow stars show fine, and disabling the font-family rule from the developer console makes everything display properly.

I could just override this locally using a user style, but I think the site should either not specify a font for the stars to let the system automatically select one which has the BLACK STAR glyph, or use the letter "H" as that seems to be a filled-in star in both Zapf Dingbats and D050000L. In either case, the "vote up" text shouldn't use a dingbats font.
There are 8 tags with negative counts, is this something that should be worrying (like having a negative variance for example)?

https://konachan.net/tag?name=&order=count&page=1142&type=

-1 legend_of_the_legendary_heroes
-1 hild
-1 santa_outfit
-1 caren_ortensia
-1 kurapica
-1 leorio
-3 blade_of_the_immortal
-10 professor_layton
Kiho said:
There are 8 tags with negative counts, is this something that should be worrying (like having a negative variance for example)?
Looks like a cache is out of sync with actual numbers. Post adds and removes might sometimes not go off properly, or update the cache incorrectly. Probably nothing to worry about.
These are not new tags, some date back to 2010. I wonder if the negative counts on these tags could be the problem why garbage collection and Tag subscription updates are not working. Some script expects a non-negative number and chokes and fails out when it hits one of these tags. There are no tags on yande.re with negative counts and Yande.re only has ~150 Unused tags.
Could be, I've seen worse code. Too bad we don't really have a way to fix this without access to the database.
Well, there is a pathetic fix, tag a set of posts with these tags until their counts = 0 and see if the tag tasks complete. What could go wrong......
Was there another API change recently? I had to revert to version 0.9.0 of Kodi add-on Moebooru, as the API now returns full URLs (including "http:") again. Indeed, it's author isn't even aware.

For Kodi users with Moebooru installed (if any remain, looks like I'm the only existing one) and not working anymore (thumbnails and pictures not showing), revert to version 0.9.0 and disable auto-update in the add-on settings.
Recently I'm getting problems with loading search pages, some miniatures fail to load. I'm also randomly making Haruka cry when opening full images. Refreshing usually allows everything to load properly.
Lots of people with too much time on their hands surfing the web........Having the same problem, not just with konachan, with pages timing out.
Having the same problem as well. I thought it was just my connection, but it must not be if ya'll are experiencing it too. It's been happening since yesterday.
Ugh, it's getting worse. Now I'm having trouble loading pages at all.