In the image search page:
https://konachan.com/post/similar

The icon for 'chan.sankakucomplex.com' is missing (I mean that triangle for their website), but it is not a big issue anyway :p
A few minutes ago I was not able to access the site, a screen similar to this one appeared.
post #279015 is 7000x3000 but if it appears in a search result such as asuteroid it appears as 3500*1500

It does correctly show up on asuteroid height:2000.. so the bug doesn't affect searching
traz64 said:
post #279015 is 7000x3000 but if it appears in a search result such as asuteroid it appears as 3500*1500

It does correctly show up on asuteroid height:2000.. so the bug doesn't affect searching
It does that for all huge posts. It has for a long time. I'm not sure why.
Sorry for the late reply.

The size shown in that bottom bar is for the image that that bar links to. That bar will never link to a png. If the original is png, the bar links to the large jpeg version which has a capped resolution.

I wrote a userscript to fix that about 4 years ago. You can find it here.
Got some spam DMs from Thelmaws and MickiEb with links to some unknown malware nests disguised as konachan links...
I'll git 'em.

Edit: To everyone who dmailed me about this problem, we seem to be having a sudden influx of dmail spammers. I have banned them all, but if the problem persists please let me know.
we're aware and will have dealt with the botnet spam attack soon
slayerduck said:
we're aware and will have dealt with the botnet spam attack soon
Thank you so much for your help.

I'm usually pretty quick to ban people, but banning can only do so much. :p
I appreciate the quick response, but now I have an eternal unopened Dmail that doesn't exist anymore. Any way to fix that?
I've got a cloudflare message since today who pop up and say "checking your browser before accessing konachan" sometimes when I'm reload the side or add tags and want to save it. There is a fault indication with "this side doesn't exist" and stuff.

Is this something new or just an error of the side?

It's really annoying..
TommyGunn said:
I appreciate the quick response, but now I have an eternal unopened Dmail that doesn't exist anymore. Any way to fix that?
We're still in the progress of deleting spam, after that we can look into it.

BattlequeenYume said:
I've got a cloudflare message since today who pop up and say "checking your browser before accessing konachan" sometimes when I'm reload the side or add tags and want to save it. There is a fault indication with "this side doesn't exist" and stuff.

Is this something new or just an error of the side?

It's really annoying..
We're modifying our software to prevent this from happening again, we're using cloudflare to temporally migrate the problem by setting security to max while we do so.
BattlequeenYume said:
I've got a cloudflare message since today who pop up and say "checking your browser before accessing konachan"...
Cloudflare is a web service that many websites use to protect from viruses, bots, ddos attacks and the like. When you access konachan, your browser is redirected to cloudflare, which then passes you on to Konachan proper, after verifying you are not a bot or infected with a computer virus etc.

Verifying the kind of browser attempting to access a website is one of the techniques used to detect bots, which generally do not operate from inside a browser. There are many parameters such as screen size, fonts, window location,..... basically your browser does a lot of stuff which makes it difficult for bot developers to incorporate every little detail that might be queried by a website.
Having trouble using advanced download manager add on in via browser by dimon video. (both via browser and adm are in google play store), trying to download any image results in service unavailable error message, this is on mobile device btw. even stock android download manager cannot download a single image, please help.
slayerduck said:
We're still in the progress of deleting spam, after that we can look into it.
Appreciate the quick response. Keep up the good work y'all.
Hi,
I don't know if this was already reported but you put CloudFlare on the website and the API so external services arent able to contact the API anymore (it return a 503)
Xwilarg said:
Hi,
I don't know if this was already reported but you put CloudFlare on the website and the API so external services arent able to contact the API anymore (it return a 503)
Yes it was reported 2 replies above yours, we have just finished upping our code security so we disabled the high security settings on CF. Should work now, maybe.
Yay it works again, thank you soo much, you guys are awesome. ^_^
I think the "Receive Mails" setting is broken. Last time I got an email about receiving a DM was March 10th. Has something happened to the admin @ slayerduck.com address?
I have found a strange bug on the forums.
Everytime i click on edit, it just tries to create a seperate topic. The only way to work around this is by copying everything, deleting the old message and replacing it with the edit.

Even though my browser has nothing to do with it, i am using safari on IOS 7.1.2 (iphone 4 (yes, it is absolutely terrible.))
Mr.peanutbutter said:
I have found a strange bug on the forums.
Everytime i click on edit, it just tries to create a seperate topic. The only way to work around this is by copying everything, deleting the old message and replacing it with the edit.

Even though my browser has nothing to do with it, i am using safari on IOS 7.1.2 (iphone 4 (yes, it is absolutely terrible.))
Yeah that's just what the prompt looks like. Just leave the title field blank
What Traz said. Edit your comment like normal, ignoring everything else, and repost it.
What is up with this recent forum spam? Who the hell targets a forum with <100 active users?
I guess it's the same reason we get sex bots in the dmails sometimes. A target is a target.
Hey there! Really hope I'm doing this right, this forum section is an absolute maze to me.
The error I'd like to report is as follows: whenever I try to view a post when logged in, I won't be taken to the post screen, instead I'll view the image in my browser in a manner similar to what would happen if i were to select "view image" from a right-click menu. It works fine when I'm not logged in. This is consistent between konachan.com and konachan.net. Here's an example of the kind of URL I'm taken to whenever this error occurs: https://konachan.net/post/browse#286055. The browsers this happens on are: FireFox 68.0.1 (64-bit) & Google Chrome 75.0.3770.142 (Official Build) (64-bit). I have not tested any other browsers. This happens on desktop, but I don't have access to any other device to test this on as my phone is currently broken. I don't have any plugins installed on either browser. Today is the first time this has happened to me, and the last time I used this site was a few days ago (can't remember the exact day). Hope this is enough information.
hornyonmain666 said:
a lot
The only solution i can think of is manually changing the link into .net/post/show/28605 everytime. (Basically just replacing browse# with show/)
I found a strange anomaly: About 43000 user account entries are missing from the index. What's more, some of these did previously host active accounts. For example, the edit history for post 213893 shows edits by user 214627, but they're labeled as Oyashiro-sama in the list and their user page yields a "page does not exist" error (as do all the other vanished user pages).

The range of missing user entries is as follows:

(I didn't pinpoint exact user account numbers earlier than this point)
212426 - 212428
212430 - 212438
212441 - 212443
212480 - 212498
212505 - 212513
212543 - 255322 (!!!)

Prior to 212426, there were single missing entries occasionally scattered through the user list, roughly one missing per several thousand registered users. But never anything even remotely close to this. (I checked all the way back to the beginning of the records - there's also several hundred user accounts missing out of the first 4300 or so, which is strange, but aside from that it only ever occurred in single instances or batches of ~less than 20.)

The surge in frequency began on April 3rd 2019 (server time), but there are still functional user accounts interspersed between the smaller missing batches throughout the 3rd, 4th, and 5th. No accounts remain in the listing who registered on April 6th - the latest before the missing ~43000 is user 212542 who registered on the 5th, and the next registered on the 7th. (This is highly unusual given how many people register per day on average; I doubt that no one tried to register on the 6th.)

Furthermore, the 12 user entries immediately following the missing ~43000 are strange. They are repeat entries for the same users and mostly lack IP address connection logs (which are visible to Moderators, and every other account I've looked at has at least one IP address stored):

255323, 255324, 255325, 255328 = kolemixi (no IP address)
255326, 255327, 255329, 255330 = SteinZero (IP address on 255326 only)
255331, 255333 = gekas (IP address on 255333 only)
255332 = Senryū (no IP address)
255334 = Senryu (no IP address)

Could there have been some sort of database error that is interfering with the website seeing these user accounts, or that assigned mismatched URLs or account numbers etc. to them?

Edit: I think April 6th was the same day that the rush of D-Mail spammers occurred. (According to the Kona moderator Discord's chatlogs, on April 6th one of the spammers who was caught and disciplined by Emiri-san was user 214592; this also falls within the missing ~43000 range)
spam bots we removed
traz64 said:
Yeah that's just what the prompt looks like. Just leave the title field blank
Started to wonder,
What happens if you fill it in?