Animeticklesmytoes said:
Tensa responded to you perfectly. No one is slighting the fact that rape exists in any manner. We are talking about Anime images here, not reality. However, we are being forced endure homosexuality more and more. Gay movie characters, television characters, magazine ads, etc. That is a problem. I for one don't even want to even remotely see it on Kona. Not even as an implied form.
Besides that not being true, this all started because a few images popped up of shirtless guys? How is that at all gay? If you have a problem with it, that's you're problem. Like do you get creeped out this much going to the beach? Or fuck going to the underwear section at Walmart? Like holy shit man. Grow up

Anyways Zolxys, just let this die, it's clear people don't want it. We can experiment with new filtering options but what is currently banned should stay banned.

VF I say go ahead with you more detailed ban list that leaves no gray areas, that you were talking to me about the other day.
This is so funny XD

Kumacuda said:
Besides that not being true, this all started because a few images popped up of shirtless guys? How is that at all gay? If you have a problem with it, that's you're problem. Like do you get creeped out this much going to the beach? Or fuck going to the underwear section at Walmart? Like holy shit man. Grow up
Damn...nice burn tho, but I'm not gonna get involved in this shit doe, Ima just watch and lmao.

Anyways Zolxys, just let this die, it's clear people don't want it. We can experiment with new filtering options but what is currently banned should stay banned.
Ya...this is getting outta hand. To much drama everywhere. Let's just keep it calm and don't get personal. Like, seriously, more than half of us hasn't even met in person, like fr now.
Actually, I don't find it funny at all, Matti.
otaku_emmy said:
Actually, I don't find it funny at all, Matti.
It's hilarious how we started WWK (World War Kona) just because I was uploading some hot topless guys XD

Like, Toes and Dummy are shooting at each other like shit.

This thread is for the improvement of this site. Just state your opinion, but just don't be attacking ppl. Not even in the friendly topic. Like, if y'all wanna fight, make a fighting thread!
Mmm.

I just want people to be able to understand each others viewpoints.
It ain't working, Emilia. Zolxys was just tyna help, but then ppl just started fighting each other.

Any more posts that are very offensive, and I am literally going to make a fighting thread.

Let's be HAPPY WAPPY MUNCH KINS NOW :D, and work on improving this site
??? Whatever... This was supposed to be a perfect solution that gives everyone exactly what they want. For those that wanted content that's obviously not popular here or that others had a problem with, they could have it. And for those that absolutely didn't want any change, there wouldn't have been any for them...

Whether this is just a matter of people trying to control what others can see, or just plain fear of any kind of change, or something else... I really can't tell.

I'm out of this conversation for good. As I said a few weeks ago, I'm going to be quite busy for the next few months. I've spent far more time here than I should have these last 2 days.
Zolxys said:
??? Whatever... This was supposed to be a perfect solution that gives everyone exactly what they want. For those that wanted content that's obviously not popular here or that others had a problem with, they could have it. And for those that absolutely didn't want any change, there wouldn't have been any for them...

Whether this is just a matter of people trying to control what others can see, or just plain fear of any kind of change, or something else... I really can't tell.
E-X-A-C-T-L-Y! Have people been seeing his proposal? It's amazing imo.

Now, let's not whine.
Yeah, a lot of us liked what Zolxys was laying down.

Even I look up to him as being the Uber-Mod. He's intelligent and I trust him with this site.

But we're not all going to get along and agree on everything all the time. That's just not how it works.
otaku_emmy said:
Yeah, a lot of us liked what Zolxys was laying down.

Even I look up to him as being the Uber-Mod. He's intelligent and I trust him with this site.
He is the heart of Konachan.

But we're not all going to get along and agree on everything all the time. That's just not how it works.
Yeah, everyone does have their own disagreements tho. Just didn't like the mean behavior between the ppl, like, go hang out with Regina George if you wanna be mean.

I also want to propose something, but will think about it. I'd love to bring some Konavations (Konachan innovations XD)
Zolxys is a whelp. No one can bring the banhammer down like Stahn.
Cade said:
XD that made me laugh, but Zolxys can be pretty rough (but not in a bad way, I promise, Zolxie).

But I saw some Stahn comments before, and he was rough!
Matt, shut up. You're not being helpful at this point. You've said your point, unless you have something to add, please stop.
TommyGunn said:
Matt, shut up. You're not being helpful at this point. You've said your point, unless you have something to add, please stop.
Sorry. I just didn't want fights, but I guess I was exaggerating my point to much. *covers mouth with duct tape*
Cade said:
I can ban people too. Care to find out what it's like? ^_^

(Seriously though, you've not offered up anything productive yourself, and Zolxys does work very hard for us all.)
Kumacuda said:

VF I say go ahead with you more detailed ban list that leaves no gray areas, that you were talking to me about the other day.
That's a fairly juvenile and simplistic attempt at ...something. For the record, I wasn't the first to bring it up. And, for the record, you're wrong. We've all seen the random male image appear from time to time- No one said anything. No one most likely cared. But when someone noticed multiple male images in states of undress or touching they rightly brought it up as a concern. I commented in support of this fact. As for the beach or underwear reference, don't be a pointless asshole. I've lived with men in very close proximity for years, and have seen the damage from the introduction of a homosexual element. My overall point was, that if it wasn't questioned, or at least discussed, that it would probably increase.

I've already said that that I'd live with whatever follows, twice, or did you miss that as well?

Mattiasc02 said: Damn...nice burn tho, but I'm not gonna get involved in this shit doe, Ima just watch and lmao.

Spoken like a good pet monkey.
Animeticklesmytoes said:
Spoken like a good pet monkey.
*looks around befuddled* Whose pet is he supposed to be...?
Lol, Toes. You made me rethink. You have a great point. And believe it or not, I'm actually proud that Oni commented that comment.

And thank you. I will forever be a good pet monkey XD

gtg sleep anyways (damn, what am I doing so late)
Animeticklesmytoes said:
I've lived with men in very close proximity for years, and have seen the damage from the introduction of a homosexual element.
I can't stop laughing at this. The only damage caused to gay people for being gay comes from bigots.

Anyways it seems this matter is over with. Any further banter needs to be taken else where.
Well isn't this just great... It saddens me that people are so afraid of change. This whole new concept could easily be un-done as we have backups of the entire site. If it really was so bad that you ever so conservative people just couldn't sleep at night, boom, we could bring the site back to its original state.

I completely agree with Zolxys, this was a perfect solution, not seen anywhere else. Did you know that conservativity was what killed the radio? Because the radio manufacturers refused to accept the idea of TV.

Alot of stuff needs to be taken care of do actually do a change like this and it was solely for the sake of the community.

I'll try and refine our definitions on the banned content when I get off work.

And to everyone against this new system, I just want to point out that we've actually been going easy on people posting banned content. According to the site etiquette, even one violation like that warrants a ban.
Kumacuda said:
I can't stop laughing at this. The only damage caused to gay people for being gay comes from bigots.
Quick to label people. I'm betting you completely lack any real life experience in operational logistics where internal control and discipline affect lives once placed under combat-related situations. I'm betting you have never seen the damage that is caused when 99% of your force incurs an element that is unnatural and unpredictable while in the course of doing something so critical, that an error means lives will be lost. I'm betting you lack a lot of things; that much is obvious. Your silly little rant places you in the 17 year old range, is that correct? If not, then you're retort was unbecoming of a mod. As a teenager, your stupidity of youth could be excused.

For the record, I'm no bigot, however I really couldn't care less what people think. I'm against the basic disruption of something that works, for the appeasement of a few who think that theirs is the only state of mind that matters.

Just as a final comment, the bans in place the site founder were probably for good reasons, as it kept the site from devolving. I didn't make those rules.

Right, I'm all done here. Good night everyone.
Very well. If you must continue this arguement, please do so in the Friendly topic.

I'll refrain from stating my opinion on this matter, I'm bi-sexual, should say enough. However, this is no longer about the change in Konachan's policy, it had turned personal.

The original owner of Konachanmade these rules solely going by his preferences in content featured in images. The only banned content that was made with other reason than Shuugo disliking it, is Loli.

Edit:

@animeticklesmytoes, I wanna point out that disrespecting a mod warrants a ban. If you must use a faul mouth towards the staff, do so in the friendly topic.

Edit no. 2:

There's also a thread dedicated for political disussions, perfectly suited for sharing your opinion on homosexuality.
vf.nightcore said:
Well isn't this just great... It saddens me that people are so afraid of change.

I completely agree with Zolxys, this was a perfect solution, not seen anywhere else.
This is not about being afraid of change - (that is a cliche argument), it is about being associated with certain kinds of content. I don't have accounts on a number of boorus (which limits my access) because of the content they carry. It is worth remembering that there is no such thing as absolute anonymity, especially on the Internet.

Just because a member blacklists certain content, it is still on the site and anyone who is registered with the site is associated with that content. Since members cannot delete their accounts, we should consider this before we make changes to our banned content policies. It does not take much imagination to take this to the "logical" conclusion.

As a Moderator, I don't want to be associated with Furry, Bestiality, Guro, Exp Loli.... I don't approve any images of rape, bondage, bdsm either. While I enjoy typical Ecchi images (hey I'm a male), To slightly misquote a line from the song <Everything Zen> "There is no sex in violence". I find such images disturbing. It is worth noting that Konachan does not have the tags rape or bdsm because Konachan's staff did not want to promote such content - I support and encourage the continuation of that policy.
vf.nightcore said:
Very well. If you must continue this arguement, please do so in the Friendly topic.

@animeticklesmytoes, I wanna point out that disrespecting a mod warrants a ban. If you must use a faul mouth towards the staff, do so in the friendly topic.
Perhaps you missed the comment where he started it? (IE: If you have a problem with it, that's you're problem. Like do you get creeped out this much going to the beach? Or fuck going to the underwear section at Walmart? Like holy shit man. Grow up)

Maybe your Mod should ban himself.
@kiho, going from that statement, you are already associated with explicit loli as konachan has always been hosting that. But I let out my steam, I won't continue to argue. The community has spoken.

@animeticklesmytoes, An issue was simply brought to my attention. If kuma offended you, I apologize on his behalf, no one should be judging each other. Most of us here have been through a lot of bad experiences.
Animeticklesmytoes said:
Perhaps you missed the comment where he started it? (IE: If you have a problem with it, that's you're problem. Like do you get creeped out this much going to the beach? Or fuck going to the underwear section at Walmart? Like holy shit man. Grow up)

Maybe your Mod should ban himself.
Man, at this point you are just self-destructing. If this topic is hitting home for anyone, you're the one. Let's both be civilized and walk away from this mess.
vf.nightcore said:
@kiho, going from that statement, you are already associated with explicit loli as konachan has always been hosting that.
Such images were blocked from all regular members with the intention that the administrator will adjudicate the image at a future date - either declare it not loli or purge it from the database and as such are not public.
Kiho said:
Such images were blocked from all regular members with the intention that the administrator will adjudicate the image at a future date - either declare it not loli or purge it from the database and as such are not public.
I see your point. I'll let the arguement rest ^^
Well as an observer who doesn't really post anything and just looks at the artworks I kinda must agree with otaku_emmy. The male body can be just as much a work of art as a female body (well personal preference are certain parts of the body obviously) but topless men are not a horrible thing for me personally to see on here.

I'm here for the art mainly so it doesn't bother me too much. Sure, some art is leaning towards, I'm just gonna say it, homosexual men... but I simply don't stare at those for that long?

I don't know how to post links correctly so I hope I'm not breaking some kind of rule.
But for example this:
http://konachan.com/post/show/219906/all_male-dio_brando-gray_hair-headband-jojo_no_kim
This is for me completely acceptable.