That's probably one of the reasons why I dislike artist sites outside of Pixiv. Now, I know Pixiv is JPN and dA is in ENG, so the demographics are different, but I never had a good vibe from the community given the material I've seen so far. Half the content I see from dA has ugly watermarks and/or artist sigs, some of which draw more attention to the text than the actual image. I will admit I have come across artists that actually know how to sign an image artistically, but that seems to be the exception with dA.

Pixiv images tend to not even have sigs or watermarks. Those that do match the image design, or the sig is actually a unique design (i.e. not just plain text like "By Stahn Aileron"). Also, Pixiv doesn't have this sense of egotism I usually get when browsing sites like dA or Minitokyo. Might partially be cultural though, as the JPN are general more humble and reserved about things in public. Though I do get a mild sense of egotism with he very few ENG-speaking artists I've seen on Pixiv. Not many of them, but I have seen a hnadful. A couple of them sounded like your typical dA egotist...

On the other hand, there's the whole "ignorance is bliss" aspect of browsing a JPN vs ENG site. I understand the ENG site. The JPN site, not so much. So I sometimes read stuff on the ENG site(s) that makes me biased against it/them. The JPN site? I just see pretty pictures ^_^ No drama.