The "heat" turned on outside this week with temperatures jumping 20C and it seems within the last 2 days, all the trees went from barren to green. We have a lot of birch and poplar trees in our region which is very green (we have two very large forested parks, one just a 5 minute walk down the street). Both birch and poplar are real allergens, in fact birch is at the top of the list - right now, I can verify that, as I am completely congested! I hope this bloom finishes as fast as it started! Praying for rain.

Interesting, for all the allergic effects birch pollen has on people, the wood is the least toxic of all wood types.
please don't wear that at my wedding, i know i said wear whatever you feel comfortable in... but even i would feel inclined to send noods. and no one wants to see noodle arm koki in a birthday suit
Is that a fucking chain wallet? Christ alive, I don't own anything with sleeves and even I have better style than that. You're better than this, Tommy.
Cade said:
I have better style than that
no, you don't
Cade said:
Is that a fucking chain wallet? Christ alive, I don't own anything with sleeves and even I have better style than that. You're better than this, Tommy.
I would attempt to insult your style, but I don't think I've ever seen you wearing clothing.

Honestly I think wallet chains are practical. I'm not sure when they went "out of style", but I've worn them my whole life.
TommyGunn said:
I would attempt to insult your style, but I don't think I've ever seen you wearing clothing.
Cade wears this as his clothing :P
May 8th....outside the window.....steady snow for the last hour so far. 3 degrees C on the street. Hopefully this does not kill off all the flowers that have just started to grow.
Kiho said:
May 8th....outside the window.....steady snow for the last hour so far. 3 degrees C on the street. Hopefully this does not kill off all the flowers that have just started to grow.
I still remember when it snowed in October where I lived. All the leaves were still on the trees so the tree could not support the extra weight, resulting in a large section of the tree breaking off. Looks like a titan took a chomp out of it to this day.
Today was my last day of classes. I am graduating with a BS in Electrical and Computer Engineering. It's gonna be weird not having to go to class anymore. No more school after 22 years of this shit. Now on to the working world...
traz64 said:
Today was my last day of classes. I am graduating with a BS in Electrical and Computer Engineering. It's gonna be weird not having to go to class anymore. No more school after 22 years of this shit. Now on to the working world...
You have all my respect and my congratulations! Good luck in the real world.

In other news, my computer is broke, so I can't get on discord for a while.

edit, computer un-broke. Life goes on.
I helped out our neighbors with some yard work today. We had to help them move some large equipment indoors right before the rain started pouring down pretty hard.
As thanks, they gave us a box full of Haagen Dazs ice cream, the kind that's dipped in chocolate and on a stick!

I know who's ready for the summer. Bring it on!
noRain_noRainbow said:
.....I know who's ready for the summer. Bring it on!
A week ago, it reached +26C, today it is +3C and snowing. Somehow summer feels a long ways away right now.
Nigger, are you going to give us a weather report every day?
Kiho said:
A week ago, it reached +26C, today it is +3C and snowing. Somehow summer feels a long ways away right now.
It's kinda wishy-washy here, too. I'm gonna play the role of the summer-heat doomsday maniac anyway, since I have the "props" for it.
And we had to eat quite a few of them to get it all to fit in our freezer, so that kinda sucked....
My hair brush broke today. It made me sad.

Later, I had to go somewhere with my mom and I saw a super shredded dude. So that was cool. He was so pale though. XD
Cade said:
Nigger, are you going to give us a weather report every day?
You had a bad day, Cade?

I don't usually report the local weather.....the last time it snowed here in May was 37 years ago. That is unusual enough to be worthy of a comment, imo.
37 years of no snow? Woah. That is very surreal to read. Sure, the UK is not known for its snow but that is just a strange concept to me. A whole generation that is pretty much...almost
Kiho said:
the last time it snowed here in (the month of) May
Jack_Le_Breton said:
37 years of no snow? Woah.
I don't think you read that right...
You are right. I didn't. Still, 37 years is a long time :P
Glasses pictures: 1 (those are little fake stones), 2 (it's a dark purple), 3 (the lenses don't actually sit IN the frames).
otaku_emmy said:
.... 3 (the lenses don't actually sit IN the frames).
Interesting, I have not seen such frames before.
Kiho said:
Interesting, I have not seen such frames before.
Neither have I. I had no idea they were going to be like that, so we had to recheck with the people in the store to see if they were supposed to be that way. XD

The lenses are anchored in two areas with screws while the rest sits away from the frame. The right lens is slightly closer to my eye. I think that's because my right eye is so shitty.

I'm still getting used to them.
A couple of interesting things happened to me this week:

1. I got accepted into a ΔK chapter which is an honor society for Marriage and Family Therapists. It was a small and humble ceremony held at a fancy restaurant by the river. Here's hoping something comes from my connections to the society.

2. I helped a turtle cross the street the other day. I didn't want some random car to carelessly run the poor guy over. Of course he then tumbled down a hill, but he seemed okay and got into the neighboring lake no problem after that.

3. My sister showed me an an abandoned orchard not far from our house where the trees still produced apples, peaches, and pears. The property is public land so picking is free and the place is remote enough that few people other than us even know about it.

4. Oh, and I also discovered Doraemon over the weekend. Great show I gotta say, and Disney surprisingly didn't F up the dub too bad. They even hired pro anime VA's!
Agos said:
2. I helped a turtle cross the street the other day. I didn't want some random car to carelessly run the poor guy over. Of course he then tumbled down a hill, but he seemed okay and got into the neighboring lake no problem after that.
That reminds me of the time my dad and I spotted a small but feisty snapping turtle booking it across our driveway. Those things are mean looking. Anyway, what's weird about it is that there really isn't any sizable bodies of water around here. So he'd had to have been running for quite a while.

My dad put it in a box and drove it to Old City Lake (it's a lake you can't swim or use motor boats in). He jetted into the water and was gone as quick as he'd appeared.
I watched the finals of the World Judo Tournament this weekend. Miryam Roper from Panama took a gold metal in Judo with ipon in the under 57kg catagory......the first ever for Panama defeating the 2014 Japanese world champion. That was really cool for Panama - her Japanese opponent looked shocked. It is interesting to note that the finals were dominated by 4 countries: Brazil, France, Japan and Russia.

Brazil has BJJ (Brazilian Ju Jitsu), Japan of course invented Judo and Russia has Sambo (derived from Traditional Judo) as national sports. All three have a lot in common and borrow a lot of different techniques from each other. Surprisingly, France was also well represented even though it does not have an indigenous martial art of this kind.
Agos said:
I helped a turtle cross the street the other day.
I ran over a turtle(or maybe a tortoise) a few months ago. I thought it wouldn't hit the underside of my car.... but it did. I'M A MURDERER! DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD=
Freenight said:
I ran over a turtle(or maybe a tortoise) a few months ago. I thought it wouldn't hit the underside of my car.... but it did. I'M A MURDERER! DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD=
You may make penance by remembering the turtle...and maybe by leaving turtle food at a nearby pond (My food bills are strict this week).
don't turtles drown if you put them in water?
I think that's a tortoise.
kokiriloz said:
don't turtles drown if you put them in water?
Tortoises do as they are not aquatic. Turtles are the ones with the flippers and do not die when in water