*sigh * I need to find you one Hun :p (edit: changed dear to Hun Cuz i don't like the word dear anymore XD)
I know this is belated, but a week or two ago my sister brought home 30 pounds of strawberries from her place of work. They were getting kinda mushy and the place was going to throw them out, so instead, she brought them home, we spent 2 hours washing, removing their stems, bagging them up, and freezing them. We will have free smoothies for a year I am certain of that.
Homemade preserves are tasty as well.
I spilled water everywhere two different times today.
otaku_emmy said:
I spilled water everywhere two different times today.
did you lick it off the floor?
Only if I had ordered her to.
My tooth started to really ache Thursday; one day it was a little sensitive, the next it was painful enough to lose sleep over. So yesterday I had a root canal ..... Too bad shoulders cannot be put right so quickly.
It has been freaking hot the last couple of days....and humid. There are a 3 cats that live in the basement of our building. Several of the residents take care of them, they are quite nice and very fluffy.....today they were laying around outside the entrance, under one of the trees, on the grass....belly up, spread eagle trying to cool down! I thought of joining them....but had too much to do.
Kiho said:
It has been freaking hot the last couple of days....and humid. There are a 3 cats that live in the basement of our building. Several of the residents take care of them, they are quite nice and very fluffy.....today they were laying around outside the entrance, under one of the trees, on the grass....belly up, spread eagle trying to cool down! I thought of joining them....but had too much to do.
Aww. That's so cute, maybe you can give them something on your way home. I love cats even tho they make me sneeze.

Anygüeys, math rant: It's so confusing that they make the other angle of angle bisector smaller, even tho it's literally the same degrees as the other one. That's what got me tripping on all of these ugh >.<

Edit: and gadamn it's raining so hard outisde you can barely see
Well today I learned I have a brother, and have had one for 3 years without knowing. I learn this a week before I go down to South America to my cousins wedding. He's named after me too. I'm not really sure what to think.
What a surprise 0-0
condensed for convenience
Omg u do thooo! Like you're face looks so silky smooth.

These are some interesting questions... is it looking positive? And if not, got any ideas to flip it around? (sorry if these are very intrusive questions)
otaku_emmy said:
condensed for convenience
Interesting......sounds like you drove all the way to Russia. It is typical to find businesses located within businesses renting some space.

As for the questions, I cannot see most people answering many of the questions straight. Perhaps it would be more informative to use the Voight Kampff test. These just questions Leon........
this ended up being long

Edit: WHOA! MY MOM JUST GOT $500 IN CASH IN THE MAIL TODAY! NICE!
Do what you need to do. Glad that u are getting help. If u just put urself out there, ur gonna find a hubby to cuddle with :)

But anyways, did ur mom enter a competition or sth? Was it a gift? How did ur mom get the money?
mattiasc02 said:
Do what you need to do. Glad that u are getting help. If u just put urself out there, ur gonna find a hubby to cuddle with :)
It's not "help" so much as something I had to do to make sure I actually had "issues". They're not going to help me or fix me.

It was a one time thing.

But anyways, did ur mom enter a competition or sth? Was it a gift? How did ur mom get the money?
Her birthday is in a couple of weeks and her old auntie sent her some money. Her auntie is crazy. Spicy old lady.

So, since she had some cash, she and I got some good cardio in at NC's largest indoor flea market, Cook's. I walked for a good 30~40 minutes. Didn't even get tired or run out of breath either, and my mother even checked my heart rate and it was only at 78 BPM. Astounding for me.
This has been a good weekend in several ways.

A few years ago, Mikhail Gorshok Gorshenev, the lead singer for the band Король и Шут, he died of complications with diabetes - either insulin shock or sugar coma. It was a tragic event.

Friday night, my wife and I attended a tribute concert to Король и Шут at the Green Theater. (It is a large outdoor amphitheater) and it was packed. We expected to hear a number of bands play covers.....It was the original band, with Mikhail Gorshok Gorshenev's brother filling in as the lead singer. He was incredible.... This was by far the best concert I have ever attended.

Sunday night my wife received her first BJJ (Brazilian JiuJitsu) belt strip - she is on cloud nine.
I love flying. Just got another $1000 voucher for delaying my flight for a day. Looks like I'm going to Japan or Russia next year. They also put me up for the night and gave me 3 unlimited meal vouchers for any restaurant in the airport. Seriously, flying is great as long as you have patience and are willing to be flexible. Also got upped to business class for my new flight.
If you are not time constrained, that is great, but if you have to be someplace on time, then, that is not an option. Not a bad reward. The most I have ever been offered was $200 voucher - not really worth it. If you decide to visit Russia, let me know :).
An old man stared at me for an extended period of time today and it made me feel afraid and uncomfortable.

Also, my mom and I will be going to the beach at the end of August. I'm very much looking forward to it, as we haven't been on an actual vacation for well over ten years, and we've never been anywhere (vacation wise) without my dad. So that should be pretty fun.
YAY! the pcean is so fun, even when u don’t go in to deep. Bathing ur feet is fun. U also collect pretty sea shells

And meh, don’t pay attention to that man :p

AND OMFG 2 PEOPLE IN MY SCHOOL DIED THIS SUMMER. ONE LAST MONTH, AND ONE JUST NOW. OMFG
mattiasc02 said:
YAY! the pcean is so fun, even when u don’t go in to deep. Bathing ur feet is fun. U also collect pretty sea shells

And meh, don’t pay attention to that man :p

AND OMFG 2 PEOPLE IN MY SCHOOL DIED THIS SUMMER. ONE LAST MONTH, AND ONE JUST NOW. OMFG
You're writing like you're illiterate again. Just a warning, you've been doing well for a while now, don't want you to lose pace.
My day started as a disaster, but ended really nicely, I have a three month visa to work in Japan and don't speak the language well

First I lost my wallet with about 20,000 yen inside, (about $140) as well as my working permit and credit cards. Then, in a panic I got totally lost somewhere in Tokyo (easy to do). Eventually found my way back to my tiny little apartment, (with the help of an English speaking policeman) and there taped to the front door was my wallet, totally intact, and not even a note from the person that took time to return it. The Japanese are so honest and kind even to a gaijin (foreigner) like me , someone went out of their way to check my address and return the wallet. Incidentally I lost the wallet over 4 kilometers away!. Incredible!
TommyGunn said:
You're writing like you're illiterate again. Just a warning, you've been doing well for a while now, don't want you to lose pace.
Sorry I just realized I spelt ocean wrong. I was tired but I’ll try better next time.

eclimial said:
My day started as a disaster, but ended really nicely, I have a three month visa to work in Japan and don't speak the language well

First I lost my wallet with about 20,000 yen inside, (about $140) as well as my working permit and credit cards. Then, in a panic I got totally lost somewhere in Tokyo (easy to do). Eventually found my way back to my tiny little apartment, (with the help of an English speaking policeman) and there taped to the front door was my wallet, totally intact, and not even a note from the person that took time to return it. The Japanese are so honest and kind even to a gaijin (foreigner) like me , someone went out of their way to check my address and return the wallet. Incidentally I lost the wallet over 4 kilometers away!. Incredible!
Wow! That’s real kind! That ain’t often over here in the USA lol like legit I was 10 feet from my car and someone just ran and stole my bags. And I wasn’t far from him XD
eclimial said:
There is both good and bad in Japanese culture, but this is definitely one of the good things. And yes, it is easy to get lost in Tokyo, street numbers for one thing, are not monotonic.
eclimial, that is honestly the best thing that could happen. You can clearly see the difference in how education goes. For one thing, the Japanese never abandon the family teachings.

In any case, my day started out boring and ended up .... eh. Was going to finish the plumbing for the new house, to finally have some water going through those pipes. But the idiots who mounted the clock did a shoddy job with BOTH valves. There's the valve connecting the outside pipe to the clock and then the valve that's connecting the clock to the house pipe system. And I realized this AFTER connecting it to the system. And AFTER messing around with what I've worked on since it kept leaking. The mess I made there is a bit more complicated than it should be, but it's the simplest way to connect it.

End tail, I gave up on it today. Will buy proper parts and whatnot at a later date. I also need a bigger wrench to tighten up some stuff.
Tensa, by clock, are you referring to a water meter?

The plumber that did the work on our new flat (we have yet to move in) is a козел
Yes, I do mean those. Sorry, the literal translation from Romanian is "clock". We actually use meter/counter for gas and electricity, but for some reason they call it 'clock' for water. Ah, whatever. Might have been just a mistake and it stuck with me.

Well the cable issue sucks worse than it should.
Our new flat is a новистройка, the building is monolithic and quality construction. The work to finish our new flat is being done by licensed professionals, including the electrical. Most are competent and care about their reputation....except for that Козел plumber....The problem is getting people to show up and get things done at the right time. All these people have multiple jobs running in parallel. Electrical has been very delayed. As such the electric did not get completed before kitchen cabinets were hung and since the cables in the wall were not energized, could not be detected with the usual field sensor.....a mounting screw was placed dead center on the ceiling kitchen light power :(. That one was easy to find and fix.

The short for the electric cook panel is more of a problem. I know, by ratiometric measurements that it is ~41% the distance from the cable end to the electrical panel (~1.8m), but at this place there are many wires and under two very stiff water pipes. While I can measure the ratiometric distance to the short accurately, I can only estimate the length of the cable plus any impedance in the short adds additional error (length uncertainty) :( So I know about where the short is located, but getting to it is a real bitch.

Btw, the communist era did not have a monopoly on bad construction,.....