Wiresetc said:
Haven't play the original NieR yet. Is it good?
I haven't played the original NieR either but from what I remember it was rather flawed game. Everything from clunky mechanics, to poor questlines where the side quests got the biggest flak. There were also other kinds of dissonance between the gameplay and story. It doesn't look that good either for it's time either so it haven't aged well. Well the game did get itself a cult following so some would argue it did in fact age well.

Biggest selling point was probably a solid combat and good story. That's if you can handle the trope playing the player. After all the game will try make you uncomfortable, especially if you are a completionist.
Thanks for the info. Solid combat and a good story could be enough reason to buy, but for now I'll leave it.

That reminds me, NieR:Automata is also related to Drakengard 3 (story and weapons). Haven't played it, but the reviews tell us it also is a bit of a flawed game. Is there any RPG with anime style that could get a 10 out of 10?
Wiresetc said:
Now I'm curious on what ending W is.
spoiler

I hide it, but really, that's not even a spoiler just a troll made by the developpers at the beginning of the game.
Got the platinum for NieR:Automata yesterday. Love the game. Score is 9 out of 10. Today I tried the previous NieR. So far, I kinda like it. For now a score of 7 out of 10.
So I just found out that the .hack//G.U. games are getting a remaster this year. I've never had a harder gaming erection in my life sense Crash Bandicoot's N. Sane trilogy was announced.
Shit, seriously? I loved that game. Best multiple CDs game ever.
Crash Bandicoot N.Sane trilogy. Beautiful.

As someone who has been playing the original discs since I was six years old, (No really, ever since then, monthly I'd pop a game in to play all the way till today, thus the nostalgia factor wasn't there for me), I can give this remake/remaster a 95% approval. There are SLIGHT things with certain controls that are off a bit, but it doesn't take away from the experience. It's just if you're like me who has been literally playing them ever since they came out, you notice the differences no matter how small.

Just got 105% on Warped, working on CSB now. First game? Good God it's as hard as it ever was. Only gaming gods will Platinum Trophy that game, and some higher being we've never heard of will be able to get all platinum time trial relics in it.

All in all? I'd recommend this game to anyone, Vicarious did a good job, and I'm one of the best sorts of people specifically to rate this remake/remaster.
Thank you for that review. Great to hear the opinion of a Crash veteran. I seriously haven't played Crash Bandicoot since Warped, so it must be over 15 years ago. That doesn't mean I don't remember the polar bear rides (^_^) Nostalgia will be coming soon. In the PS store the N.Sane trilogy is $40 now. It's not too bad of a price, but since it has been so long, I might as well wait till it's on sale. Good luck with the platinum. Stay calm and focused and you'll get it.

Currently playing Persona 5 btw (just started, level 7 now)
Black_Rock_Shooter said:
Crash Bandicoot N.Sane trilogy. Beautiful.

As someone who has been playing the original discs since I was six years old, (No really, ever since then, monthly I'd pop a game in to play all the way till today, thus the nostalgia factor wasn't there for me), I can give this remake/remaster a 95% approval. There are SLIGHT things with certain controls that are off a bit, but it doesn't take away from the experience. It's just if you're like me who has been literally playing them ever since they came out, you notice the differences no matter how small.

Just got 105% on Warped, working on CSB now. First game? Good God it's as hard as it ever was. Only gaming gods will Platinum Trophy that game, and some higher being we've never heard of will be able to get all platinum time trial relics in it.

All in all? I'd recommend this game to anyone, Vicarious did a good job, and I'm one of the best sorts of people specifically to rate this remake/remaster.
Actually playing it, I remembered perfectly the second and the third, but hell, the first one is really hard, especially relics.
But now after finishing the three (not 100%+ but near), I'm hoping that they'll bring Crash Bash after these remakes.
I'm thinking of buying a Nintendo Switch for myself now that initial hype has died down. But now I'm worried I haven't used my Wii U enough, so I'm going on a spending spree on eShop trying to make the most of my time with it. I bought Axiom Verge and played WAAAAAYYY longer than I should have...
Finished Persona 5 last weekend. Great game, over 200 hours of gameplay and only finished the first playthrough. The anime will be released soon. Hope its as good as the game, or at least a little similar in story.
200 for one playthrough!? I did two playthroughs for about 130-140 hours while fast forwarding everything the second time. Burned out pretty bad. Going to be a long time before i can look at anything Persona again.
Wiresetc said:
Finished Persona 5 last weekend. Great game, over 200 hours of gameplay and only finished the first playthrough. The anime will be released soon. Hope its as good as the game, or at least a little similar in story.
I bought it today and played about an hours worth. Love it so far and I love the soundtrack thus far. I also finished Final Fantasy XV recently and I loved that as well. It ain't perfect by any means, but I think it's great. The Assassin Creed Festival thing in it is weird though
rargy said:
200 for one playthrough!? I did two playthroughs for about 130-140 hours while fast forwarding everything the second time. Burned out pretty bad. Going to be a long time before i can look at anything Persona again.
Yeah, I read really slow. Played it in Japanese, so the time was necessary. Also, I grinded the reaper in Mementos to level 99, which took a long long time too.

Jack_Le_Breton said:
I bought it today and played about an hours worth. Love it so far and I love the soundtrack thus far. I also finished Final Fantasy XV recently and I loved that as well. It ain't perfect by any means, but I think it's great. The Assassin Creed Festival thing in it is weird though
Hope you have fun with Persona ^_^
About FFXV, do you need to have played any other FF games to understand the story? Reviews for the game are really positive, maybe it's time to buy this game.
Wiresetc said:
Hope you have fun with Persona ^_^
Thank you :D

About FFXV, do you need to have played any other FF games to understand the story? Reviews for the game are really positive, maybe it's time to buy this game.
On the whole, no, but some have sequels and spin offs (10 and 13 does for example). With XV however, I highly recommend you watch the film Kingsglaive as the game misses out some story elements. Watch the 4 episode anime Brotherhood as it gives some background to the four in your party.
Oh, a movie and an anime series, didn't expect that. I will try that anime for sure, it looks like a fun watch to start with, thanks!
You're welcome! :D
I do not know about you guys, but I really like simple games, a great way to pass the time at work. My favorite service with games is http://www.friv4online.com/ . A wide selection of different games with a nice design and interesting gameplay. Also i love to watch some movies or anime on my tablet while im playing, so web games is the best choice :3
Got nearly 50 new games for the PS Vita after getting Henkaku, so it's time to try some of them. Currently playing Oregairu. Persona 4 Golden is on the want-to-play list btw.
Doki Doki Literature Club is free on Steam. Seems like your average VN.

And then it's not.
Is it super graphic and harsh? I'm a huge pussy so I'm easily triggered, but my favorite YouTuber and another of my favorite female YouTubers have started a playthrough of the game together and I really wanna watch it but...yeah.
I don't want to spoil anything but there is a warning at the beginning of the game for a reason.
I'll end up watching it anyway. :p

Hopefully they'll be able to make it bearable.
otaku_emmy said:
Is it super graphic and harsh? I'm a huge pussy so I'm easily triggered, but my favorite YouTuber and another of my favorite female YouTubers have started a playthrough of the game together and I really wanna watch it but...yeah.
From VNDB: Rated PG13, but
minor spoilers
So I got Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash (No shirt, no shoes, All service edition no less). It's, okay so far. You can't compare it to the other games because's it's a Third person shooter. But, the fan service is about as good.

Still prefer Estival Versus gameplay type. And stories, for what it's worth.

Tiddies.
Fifteen days later, .hack//G.U. Last Recode. Couple hours in already and it's really great. Working on maxing everything out/doing everything in each game before moving to the next one. Going to be a long time before I get to the new volume but, I'm gonna enjoy the journey there.
Just started playing Nioh on PC. It was impossible to not compare it to Dark Souls. However, I really like the fact it takes place in historical Japan. Might even learn some history while playing ^_^