Brin said:
unreal engine 4 with blue red and green point light all together
Oh. I don't really understand that kind of stuff, but it's neat that you can mess around with it.
otaku_emmy said:
Oh. I don't really understand that kind of stuff, but it's neat that you can mess around with it.
well i am making a videa game in it
I admire people who do that kind of work, or work with computers and coding stuff in general.
my friend is telling me how to program because I dont know how, but i know how to make levels. at least i like to think that
Baby steps. You'll learn and master more in time.
i keep getting cool-ass ideas for games that i want to make or just simple concepts for scenes that might look cool but i cant do them yet and i dont want to forget them :|
Write it down then. ;p
some of them are too vague :p
Tensa said:
... finally eating? What the fuck is wrong with you? Rhetorical question, don't answer it.....
SMH people who 'can't' eat...
Oh no no no. U got it alllll wrong. I can EAT. What I'm saying Isthat after 3 hours I'm already hungry af and eager for lunch, and when it's time for lunch I am FINALLY eating after that hungry oppression

Kiho said:
@Mattias, it is a shame that some Konachan members who don't speak English read your drivel through google translate. It is a shame because google translate attempts to translate your slang and broken grammar into grammatically correct constructs......
I don't care boyuhh
Kiho said:
@Mattias, it is a shame that some Konachan members who don't speak English read your drivel through google translate. It is a shame because google translate attempts to translate your slang and broken grammar into grammatically correct constructs......
There is a really simple solution to that...don't rely on Google Translate...

Besides, everyone here puts some inane boring rubbish from time to time. That is when the art of ignoring and not having a go at people needlessly comes into play.
Dear Mr. LeBreton
Cool beans, needn't you worry :)
I haven't responded to dmails in a brick. My school life's been not good and I procrastinated the dmails
Official trailer for the new GitS movie

It looks cool, but it doesn't really feel like GitS. Apparently they took a lot of the philosophical elements out to make it more accessible to a..."wider" audience.
otaku_emmy said:
....Apparently they took a lot of the philosophical elements out to make it more accessible to a..."wider" audience.
Translation: The plot was dumbed down to just the action scenes - leaving in the philosophical elements might encourage the "wider" audience to question more.

On another note: Has anyone been following the Oroville dam saga? The stupidity is amazing me. The dam has an emergency/auxiliary spillway - but using it causes so much erosion that the dam will quickly fail.......
TL;DR: It's made for dumb people.
Kiho said:
Translation: The plot was dumbed down to just the action scenes - leaving in the philosophical elements might encourage the "wider" audience to question more.
Tensa said:
TL;DR: It's made for dumb people.
Yep. It's a shame that they're going such a cliched action route with a franchise that means so much to some.

Needles to say these people probably care more about making money than remaining faithful to the source material.

Edit: Oh, almost forgot: happy Valentine's day everyone. :)
Kiho said:
leaving in the philosophical elements might encourage the "wider" audience to question more.
Yeah, the capitalist elite are conspiring to keep the philosophical brilliance of oriental cartoons hidden from the sheep lest they be awakened...

Take off your Guy Fawkes mask.
@Cade; go back to watching your sitcoms

Yes there are stupid children's cartoon anime, but there are also adult anime that examine serious philosophical topics.
There's no nefarious plot to keep the masses from thinking. The movie adaptation is going to be dumbed down simply because making it a generic action movie that appeals to a broader audience is more profitable.

You can probably blame the Chinese market. They're the reason why shit like Transformers keeps getting made.
Is "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" worth a read?
otaku_emmy said:
Yes.
I'll keep that in mind.

...I need to read books again...
@Emmy: Check out this book By Oliver Stone and Peter Kuznick.
otaku_emmy said:
Blade Runner and Mareep was based on that so I guess so
otaku_emmy said:
Official trailer for the new GitS movie

It looks cool, but it doesn't really feel like GitS. Apparently they took a lot of the philosophical elements out to make it more accessible to a..."wider" audience.
Aren't they changing Kusanagi's back story as well? Her character is one of the best in anime. I hope they don't ruin it.

otaku_emmy said:

...I need to read books again...
If you're looking for shorter sci-fi I'd recommend John Scalzi's Old Man's War.
traz64 said:
Aren't they changing Kusanagi's back story as well? Her character is one of the best in anime. I hope they don't ruin it.
You know what else kept pissing me off about the whole thing? People who kept defending the casting choice by saying Motoko isn't Japanese. Like, what the fuck?

I actually think ScarJo aesthetically fits the part really well, but the character (despite being an android) IS Japanese.

Thanks for the book recommendations too, fellas. I miss reading so I think I'm going to start setting aside time to do it more.
Holy shit I love her

And a few of her jokes remind me of the jokes i'd say tbh...
That was a stand-up routine? Like, that video was meant to induce laughter?
does she not know how to play the guitar so she just starts telling not-jokes that people think are jokes