异想天开 said:
I speak English bad, I come from China. 。18year oldNice to meet you all. My study is not very good. But I like anime very much. No one in my family can understand me. My dream is a cartoonisMy dream is a cartoonist. AlthouAlthough I am not good at study, I like drawing. I also like to make friends. I'm very happy to make friends with everyone.
So then nice to meet you.
My english isn't so great too but the others are really tolerant to bad english speaker like us. Don't worry. :3
Oh and we got the same hobby. (Drawing)
I love hearing voice actors/actresses speak terrible/broken Japanese. It just sounds so dang funny.

I wonder if it's difficult for them to do, since it's their native tongue?
You ever try to explain to someone why they're wrong about something in a polite and informative manner and all they respond with is "K"?

Cuz that is infuriating.
Oh yeah indeed it is.
I hate that. I don't know if the word that is even worse for me does exist in english. It's "Aha."
Gosh. I hate it so much >_<
But anyhow welcome, China person.
Ooooooooo, an official welcome from Cade.

I wonder if he's still here. He hasn't said anything since that post.
otaku_emmy said:
You ever try to explain to someone why they're wrong about something in a polite and informative manner and all they respond with is "K"?

Cuz that is infuriating.
spoiler
otaku_emmy said:
The new "bongo cat" meme is pretty damn good.
I have something for you, Emmy.

https://imgur.com/NSPA256

He looks so cute in that outfit.
Shizko said:
I have something for you, Emmy.

https://imgur.com/NSPA256

He looks so cute in that outfit.
Bongo Cat is such a wholesome, good meme. You can put it to so many things.

I like the Super Crown crave too, but seeing Bowsette EVERYWHERE is getting old already. XD

Princess King Boo/Boosette is so much cuter. And they're putting the crown on EVERYTHING from Mario now, which I think is pretty cool and creative.
Get BrexFIT Finally a article on Brexit that is worth sharing.
Uh so my internet's been playing up again so if anyone's been trying to message me (Jack) and the moderating/tagging has been neglected know it's because of my lack of WiFi.

-post made from mobile device
How is your internet doing now, Emmy?
Does it work again?
It's worked fine today and yesterday. Well....it went out a couple times this morning, but I wasn't using it then.

Spectrum is a terrible ISP. They can't even prorate people's bills or tell us what's going on when our internet is out for half days or days on end.

And a lot of the time the cable won't work correctly either.
Glad to hear that it's better now.
A few month ago I had problems with my internet too.
It's a bit frighteningly how addicted we are to it.
It's more to do with social life. As people have a social life on the internet, getting removed from it gives us withdrawal syndrome for a while. It especially affects the morons that are on social websites all the time. FB, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest, etc. The only downside for me in losing the internet would be the lack of book sources for my research.

But then again we have the best internet around, that is handled by a half-private half-government ISP. It also seems that I've been mistaking prices when it comes to their internet. I have the best bundle around for 1Gbps which only costs about $13. There are cheaper options, 300Mbps for $5. It's the cheapest option.
This is very true. I often contemplate deleting my social media. I used to never use it at all. But then I started getting really obsessed over someone. It’s been hard to get off ever since.

I think getting a flip phone or having some sort of restricted App Store on my phone would be nice. Cuz imagine this: let’s say ur trying to get off ice cream, but how are u gonna get off ice cream when it’s waiting for you in the freezer? Like c’mon, ya just can’t. You just gotta remove it.
I'm really glad that I'm not addicted to social media at all.
Facebook and the other sides are not important to me. I rarely even post things there, when I post anything at all.
My internet is out now. :p

The biggest downside to it for me personally is not being able to moderate as efficiently. I can always catch up with YouTube and whatever. Oh, and I can't watch anime if it's out.

As for SMS, I only use Google+ and Instagram. Even then, I only post to G+. I comment on posts on Instagram but I don't message anyone directly or post anything myself.

I would say that I've become very obsessed with things on Instagram though.

Point is that if you pay three figures for a service every month IT SHOULD ALWAYS WORK.
I'm always somewhat happy when the internet goes out for a week or so on the mountain. It's nice to break habits. Actually just losing electricity in general is somewhat nice.
I'd get super sad from not being able to communicate with the people I like if it were that long.

I have no social life outside of what I do online.
I would miss my hobby to upload images.
But it would be a nice break too, I guess. So I would spend more time in other hobbies. Drawing for example. Doesn't get the progress that I wanted to these days.
I drew something the other day when the internet was out. It's an anime character, so I had to try and draw her from memory. It's not perfect, but I'm happy with how it turned out.

I watch a lot more TV when the WiFi is down (the cable gets messed up too during all this, btw). Right now I'm watching The Zoo on Animal Planet. It's pretty cool.
Tensa said:
But then again we have the best internet around, that is handled by a half-private half-government ISP. It also seems that I've been mistaking prices when it comes to their internet. I have the best bundle around for 1Gbps which only costs about $13. There are cheaper options, 300Mbps for $5. It's the cheapest option.
Our apartment building is served by 3 different providers, two over fiber optic and one over CAT5. We have 30MB/s ~300Mbps for about $8/month We also get IPTV over the cable (including several HD channels). There are also 3 cellular providers I have a package that provides 500 minutes/500 sms and 3GB of data per month for ~ $7.50 per month....never ever came even close to any of the limits. I could do better with one of the other providers, but it is simply not worth the effort.

I don't use facebook, Instagram,Twitter - I really don't understand the attraction to announcing every moment of your life on line. Yesterday I spend about 40 minutes standing on the metro during rush hour, the young woman in front of me spent the whole time texting to NUMEROUS friends across several social networks including facebook, vkontakte - all of the texts pretty much bullshit chatter. I was though, impressed with how FAST she could type out text on her smart phone while keeping her balance.
That's the quality of social shitters. Fast phone buttoning. I can't do it, nor do I want to do it. An awful skill to have because it's pointless. I want to go back to the times where a letter was meaningful (no, not the electronics boom period, because that itself was a shit period for letters).
For me, Instagram is more an aesthetics thing. I could care less about what someone I follow is up to minute to minute, but I like seeing things I otherwise wouldn't get to.

For instance, I follow a lot of artists and makeup people and fashion stuff. I also follow certain models. I'm a very visual person, so it's super stimulating to look at all the creations people come up with and to see the pretty ladies.

I actually joined Instagram BECAUSE an artist I liked only posted their works there.
Tensa said:
That's the quality of social shitters. Fast phone buttoning. I can't do it, nor do I want to do it.
Bruhh that skill is SO awesome to have (typed this in 4 seconds)

And how’d any of u feel about eating this?
I would try it.
Maybe it tastes good. And it doesn't looks like what it is so it's not bad at all.
20% isn't that much, really.

You probably wouldn't even know it was "weird" if no one told you what it was.

Lots of people say we'll all HAVE to start eating bugs because we won't be able to sustain our livestock market the way we currently do. But I'unno.
Then kill off the wasteful.

Here I'm living off % off almost expired products. Kill the consumers, that way nobody can complain. In other words, starve the market. No problem, you see. Bitches will bitch.

A person can live healthy enough with two apples as dinner, two sandwiches as lunch. Y'all just so used to consuming yourselves fat you couldn't comprehend the simple idea of eating modestly.