mattiasc02 said:
Wait, leave what alone specifically?
Leave the bunny girl alone. I undeleted it, so leave it be.

What, that waifuing and cropping is fine?
Yeah. But only if the result looks good enough.
otaku_emmy said:
Leave the bunny girl alone. I undeleted it, so leave it be.
Ok.

*opens up photoshop*

Yeah. But only if the result looks good enough.
Ok.
To clarify, I take points off when it's obvious from the image quality that waifu2x was used (a good waifu2x result will just look like an original). And I do the same if something looks cropped (a good image shouldn't look cropped...). So uploading cropped waifu2x images should be done with caution. Please try to choose ideal images and if one doesn't look very good after crop+waifu2x, don't upload it.
U like the cute bunnygirl one, right?
The aliasing isn't too heavy.
otaku_emmy said:
The aliasing isn't too heavy.
That's what I was sayin. Ok then ima upload it
Keep in mind that it still might not be approved.
otaku_emmy said:
Keep in mind that it still might not be approved.
Post #234584 or this?
I really think post #231366 should just replace post #227184. post #227184 's head is pretty big and the resolution isn't like a million times bigger
You realize they're technically different images, right? The larger one doesn't have that big magical butterfly in the foreground.
otaku_emmy said:
I checked, and the original image had been replaced by the revision. It was not two separate posts.

I know artists sometimes release two versions of an image. But that's not what happened here.
For the most part, we ignore how, where and when the artist releases works and what s/he chooses to delete or replace. We have our own system for organizing images. I think it's a bit unfair to delete a similar image just because the artist chose to replace the image instead of posting them separately.

If the differences are so minor that we wouldn't keep both and we can't really tell which one is better, we would just keep the revision. But otherwise, we chose the better version or keep both if both have their merits.
Fine. I got it. I won't touch another one as long as I live.
otaku_emmy said:
I won't touch another one as long as I live.
???

Basically all I'm saying is that revisions aren't treated differently. Just keep evaluating images the way we always have. The same way we might keep two similar game CGs depending on the difference. And how we choose the best version of a scan when multiple are uploaded.

I'm certainly not saying you shouldn't touch them...
Sorry. I just...I get upset easily over dumb stuff.

I wanna keep helping out though.
this (original) or this (de-aliased)?

I have a feeling that the original one isn't that bad, but just in case it doesn't get approved, I can upload a de-aliased version.
The original looks WAY, WAY better. The aliasing is barely noticeable and the edit looks blurry.
anything wrong with post #236307? It was a revision after all
It looked worse than the original. The bricks in the back, for example.

Also, the coloring difference meant it could've been a case of keeping both. But, like I just said, the "revision" looked worse.
otaku_emmy said:
It looked worse than the original. The bricks in the back, for example.

Also, the coloring difference meant it could've been a case of keeping both. But, like I just said, the "revision" looked worse.
ok
mattiasc02 said:
Aliasing is a bitch. Waifu2x or nah?
...That's not heavy aliasing at all. Like, it's perfectly fine.
mattiasc02 said:
Too aliasy huh?
Nope. Not at all.

Mattias, just upload stuff. Like, if it's too much aliasing it'll get deleted. Don't worry about it.
otaku_emmy said:
Nope. Not at all.

Mattias, just upload stuff. Like, if it's too much aliasing it'll get deleted. Don't worry about it.
But I don't wannit deleted. That's the point. I NEED to know. Like... XD

I want to upload whatever, *puts on a snobby voice* IIIIII want, while it stays high in quality.

Im annoying mods I know XD
Should post #117540 be replaced by post #237008, it has higher resolution, and appears to have more contrast, but also there is a shift in lighting.
post #214248

Somebody missed the apparently visible areolas.
I'll let you all decide if it's still safe or questionable.
*Conversation moved from comments on post #244645*

RyuZU said:
hmm...
I thought that
in the post #244686 the scans had quality issues
in the post #244663 a whitening at the edges of the left corner
in the post #244645 the lines were not so good
post #244686: There are areas where the screening isn't completely filtered out. It's not so bad that I would delete it. But screening bothers me, so if it were pending approval I wouldn't approve it.

post #244663: Yes, it would be best to crop that off. But I wouldn't delete it for that. I would even approve this one if it were pending. But I would prefer uploaders take the time to crop things like that off.

post #244663: The linework is typical of many vectors, including several by the same artist that we have here. There is a bit of aliasing, but only enough to apply the tag. Not enough to delete it for. I don't care much for vectors and I rarely approve them. But if it was pending, I would expect to see another mod approve it.
about scan
If I use noise level 3 would not it improve a bit? In scans like those of the Megami and NyanType
spoiler

about vectors
I already wondered for a while, if it was okay to send vectors, doesn't seem very famous
I'm going to post this, but I don't know if other users know about it, I thought it would be good to post to inform.

Apparently most of the posts on Tumblr are samples, If you change the url you can get the original size.

When you go to a user profile and look the pictures and will download, is almost certain that you will see like this, changing a few things on the link would be like this. (Original Size)

What to do?

You take the link

"http://68.media.tumblr.com/37fa001b244902aa0ba7f0c952e4bbee/tumblr_o76djnVKO81trjk70o1_1280.jpg"

So you remove "68.media" and put "data", then remove "1280" in the end of the link, or any other number after "_" and put "raw".

would be like this

"http://data.tumblr.com/37fa001b244902aa0ba7f0c952e4bbee/tumblr_o76djnVKO81trjk70o1_raw.jpg"

So you have access to the image with the original resolution.

Edit: note: Apparently everyone starts with "68.media"

Some clarifications

• this was not discovered by me

• I think it works with almost everyone, but I don't know