...You're confusing me now. 3D CG is different than a 3D movie.

But neither of those have anything to do with our wallpapers.
We need a techie for this LOL. Lets leave it at this and say that the illustration i was asking about is not good enough to upload here.
Point is: the style of drawing depends on the artist, since no two artists draw the same unless they're professional copy artists. 3D, 2D discussions has no place for this image.

The chromatic effects in the image just ruin it. It is unnecessary and it makes it un-uploadable. It looks as if it's randomly thrown in there to give it an "effect".

The artist needs more practice on drawing faces. The deformations are too unbearable.

When uploading an image you have to think to yourself: would I ever use this as a wallpaper?
Analyzing only based on the artifacts,, all have artifacts, 2 have in excess (ID 73878010, 72969432 , and 2 have few (ID 73875575, 73858804, not enough to be deleted, I think the first and last will be deleted due to excess artifacts, but it's just my guess.

Here a comparison, png vs jpeg with 95/75/55% quality, as they are small images, compare them using programs like photoshop, it would be better to understand, the last 3 have artifacts due to the level of compression, the png is lossless.

PNG
JPEG 95%
JPEG 85%
JPEG 55%
To find artifacts it may be helpful to have a basic idea of the jpeg compression algorithm, specifically the DCT step and the quantization step of compression. DCT is a less relevant form of loss on modern systems, instead what we see these days is Quantization Compression, which throws out the sharp edges
I am guessing that this illustration is fine if jpeg artifacts are concerned but it needs waifu?
ssagwp said:
I am guessing that this illustration is fine if jpeg artifacts are concerned but it needs waifu?
Yes, but I'd recommend using 1.6x upscaling. It's gonna be pretty muddy and spludgy if you do it 2x.

And if the artifacts are heavy you can use "Medium" reduction instead of "Low".
ssagwp said:
Yeah but the linework, especially her left arm, is awful
ssagwp said:
is this just a lot of aliasing or is it just the style of the illustration? and i believe it doesnt have any jpeg artifacts.
Looks fine to me.
Anything from Cait is fine. The other one looks okay too.
I uploaded some illustrations from this. I didn't ask for the evaluation because I think all of them are fine apart from some being just a little short of the acceptable ratio but I think they can get accepted because they are not too small for waifu2x to be used.
I was just about to go through everything. I'm lucky that there's not a lot here today.
Re-evaluate the recent loli images from aki99, of Shinobu and the other girl.

While I understand not uploading the explicit ones, I would classify these are pure danger zone in itself.

Maybe people got used to it over here and blur the line a lot, but what I see makes me frown from a "visitor" perspective. In order to not incur the wrath of any legal body I hereby implore that you re-evaluate the legitimacy of the images, posthaste.
I wanted to delete them anyways. So thank you for saying something.
Hello, more out of curiosity, how did this post get approved?

Post #304282

I would consider this a subpar artwork.

1. Image has mediocre line-work.
2. Image has been upscaled + waifu2x
3. Image does not show anything of content, unknown ass sitting on a chair, seriously?
4. Even though I am not a professional artist, I can draw something like this under 30 minutes.
5. Even when upscaled the resolution is not very good, and I doubt anybody will ever want this as a wallpaper.

I don't mean to be impolite, but I don't understand the logic behind approval at all.
As in contrast compare this to all other great works on konachan.com this is a pure outlier in the set.
If I were to post this, I bet it would have been deleted on sight.
She has automatic approval.

Unless I see something glaringly wrong with an image uploaded by an actual "Contributor" status user, I leave it alone.

Edit: Oh, and we allow waifu2x. But with discretion.
otaku_emmy said:
She has automatic approval.

Unless I see something glaringly wrong with an image uploaded by an actual "Contributor" status user, I leave it alone.

Edit: Oh, and we allow waifu2x. But with discretion.
Understandable. I like 95% of BattleQueenYume's posts so this is a mere exception rather than the rule. Being harsh on the top contributor can probably take a slide to this fact.

Mod Edit: By the way, here is a similar post in terms of what is being shown.
Post #303563

The overall quality is way better, so a good post indeed.
Also notice the difference in scores vs. upload date. Though the quality is different, it's clear people still like the one Yume uploaded.
otaku_emmy said:
Also notice the difference in scores vs. upload date. Though the quality is different, it's clear people still like the one Yume uploaded.
That is a pretty vague parameter. People will just blindly like what they see because this is very common/natural in social media. So we don't know based on how much data a person operates when he/she likes something. Think of "Impulse purchase" in marketing tactics. Basically until the person knows all the other options, he will like the first one he saw naturally. Truth reveals itself only after careful consideration.

But anyway, I am getting too off topic, so I guess this issue can be closed.
Thank you for your time, otaku_emmy, was informative.
Hello, how do I deal with some deviations of art where we have like 5 different artists involved to make one piece?

Example: https://www.deviantart.com/iamfx/art/Eyed-Demon-Horn-Anime-Girl-Wallpaper-1920x1080-595014641
I'd prefer original images and not something edited two or three times afterward by different people. Third party edits and, frankly, tackily edited images designed to be "wallpapers" aren't really our bag.

P.S. And editors don't get artist tags anyways.
Tag all the artists. And don't forget to add the photoshop tag. From what I've seen in the forums and comments, most of your uploads should have that tag. But you haven't used it even once.

But that's one ugly character... And it isn't really close enough to anime-style art. I'd delete it if it were uploaded.

*Edit
And as Emmy just mentioned, be sure not to tag the editor. Only the artists.

And yes, someone using other artist's works (unless it's a proper collaboration between two artists) is a negative factor. These kinds of works are more likely to be deleted.
Alright, I will try to generally avoid such images. And yes! I forgot that there was a Photoshop tag, will keep that in mind.
P.S And I don't really like that character either, just couldn't find anything else for example this moment.

Q: What if there isn't a tag for an artist but I know who he is, do I just make one, or just leave it as tagme? And I mean a genuine artist, not an editor, I have a link to their pixiv.
kyxor said:
couldn't find anything else for example this moment.
Here's an example of a collaboration work by three artists: Post #166396

kyxor said:
What if there isn't a tag for an artist but I know who he is, do I just make one, or just leave it as tagme? And I mean a genuine artist, not an editor, I have a link to their pixiv.
If we don't have an artist, check if danbooru does. In most cases we'll want to use the same tag name.

Go to danbooru's Artists page and paste the pixiv post URL in the URL field. If I recall, it has to be a URL for a post (eg. https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/80858191).
Is this considered SFS? (Same Face Syndrome)

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/81619124
What do you mean by that? What are we comparing it to? The artist you linked seems to have a very nice, professional, varied style.

SFS is when an artist is only capable of drawing one kind of face, like Kazenokaze.
So I did not fully understood what SFS meant. I thought of it like being a mirror face where both sides are identical or something like that. Using mirror feature of image editor you can draw faces with ideal geometry, I thought ones like this not wanted. But I can't blame myself for thinking strictly in the context of the image.