This topic is locked.

[GIVEAWAY] J-list Japanese Snack Box monthly giveaway! (August)
Snacks wooo! We will be giving away one Japanese Snack Box for the month of August! This is a RANDOM BOX OF SNACKS! It's different every month.

The first month (April) was random draw. The next two months (May and June) ware random draw again BUT we had a quota for participants to fill by the end of the month (or to be precise two days before the month ends). These quotas were discussed in this thread. The last month (July) involved sharing some creative works with everyone.

This month we'll have no quotas or limits, it will be truly random draw to celebrate the most Summer-y of the Summer months - August!

To enter yourself into the giveaway share what is, in your opinion, the ideal Summer Vacation. No need to limit yourself to only Seaside or the like, go wild! Feel free to support your post with an image from Konachan if you can find an appropriate one.

The night of July 29th we'll pick a random participant out of everyone who will be required to provide the information below. DO NOTE - you do not need to send information if you're not the winner.

If you win you have the next two days (roughly 48 hours) to provide this information so that I can relay it to J-list on the 1st August:

• Accurate email adress
  • Mailing Adress
  • Name
You will be required to send this information to me so that I can pass it on to J-list. There are no codes like previous giveaways we've done. This is going to be directly sent so make sure the information you provide is accurate. Rest assured that the information provided will not be used for anything other then to give J-list a recipient for this box. Your personal information is safe with us.

Keep in mind that delivery times might vary depending on amount of orders that J-list has to process at the time.

Winners will be unable to win again for 12 months. Our four winners up to this point are Flandre93, Artwork, otaku_emmy and Stealthbird97

EVERYONE IS ELIGIBLE TO ENTER! There are no age restrictions and all staff can participate in the giveaway as well!

Please send any questions or inquiries directly to me here or on [email protected]. (Please use Dmail instead of replying to this topic with questions. Any non-entries or repeated entries will be cleared in order to keep everything tidy).

All of the ideas in the discussion topic (found here) are being taken into account. If you have further comments or ideas you can send them directly to me or keep posting in that topic. It will remain open for the time being.

We are continuing to experiment with the best way to give out these boxes. None of this is a finite version of the giveaway and we might do something different each month. I will try and stay true to the "Random Draw" principle but we might try some fun stuff like Art Contests and the like. Again, if you have any ideas let us know here!

Next month we will most likely be returning to the Quota thingy but we'll see. Haven't figured it out just yet. :P If you got fun ideas of what we can do - share!

Good luck!

[EDIT] Can I ask all of the winners thus far send me a message on the site letting me know if they have received their box. Thanks.

[EDIT 2] I thought the "Ideal Summer vacation" is different enough from "how will you be spending your summer"... I'm not that original! :S This in my head seemed more like a "What is this dream thing that you'd want to do but will most likely be unable to do" type thread, while the other one was more of a realistic "What will I actually be doing".

If you got any ideas we can still change it for further into the month with the first entries still considered valid...! O_O
Wasn't there an ideal summer vacation one before? Oh well....

As I've said once before somewhere sometimes, an ideal summer vacation would be at CERN or NASA. Hrrm, hrrm. Or simply just Okinawa~
My ideal summer vaca? Well as a Floridian, I love beaches, so going to some tropical location with a beach is perfect. Somewhere in the friendly topic I talk about something similar to this.

So any beach that isn't crowed without super hotels just nice little huts to sleep in will do.
My ideal summer vacation is either travel to Saudi Arabia or more specefic Mekka ones more. Especially now during ramadan. Otherwise my second ideal is to travel to Japan. Dunno which place probably Tokyo or try do some kind of road trip. Would love to see comiket too. They say every "otakus" dream is to go there.
To be completely honest, my vacation starts as soon as I get off work every day. I have my internet connection, my computer setup, my car, booze, macdonalds and so on… Why would I ever want to leave that. I think my ideal (summer) vacation could be anything as long as I get the feeling that I've grown mentally and spiritually, because that's what I'm trying to accomplish during such times. I can easily make 2 weeks of vacation feel like several months because I feel like I've made so much progress in whatever my interests would be at the time.

There's been times where I would sit in my car and smoke cigarettes alone all night through and just look at the stars and listen to some nice music. One time I spend 1 and a half week binge watching anime, at least 8-10 hours a day. I've only ever been outside of the country one time, and as well as the other vacations, I'd grown so much.

Either that, or away at sea. We've been sailors for generations and the salt water flows in my veins! I could spend years at sea without ever having to see land! And the best part is if you're lucky enough to get caught up in a storm… Nothing makes you feel more alive than fighting mother nature head on!

Edit: These are probably the most suited images regarding my ideal summer vacation; Either fighting mother nature at sea or just floating around with my love (my ship of cause) discovering new places!

Better not speak about reality, my vacation is going to be boring and short >_>

About my ideal vacation, I am joining FoliFF. Travel to two place: 1. Japan for the otaku's dream and 2. An island with a nice sandy beach for peace and quite (like in post #117733). Watching both the stars in Japan (not in Tokyo, they wouldn't be visible there) and the sunset on some random island.
post #117733 looks more like a mountain lake - not a bad choice either :).

I would like to see Kazan I am told it is a very beautiful city and the people are really laid back for the size of the city - The main street is lined with cafes and I really like Central Asian cuisine.
Ideal summer vacation... To go to Japan of course, Akihabara to be more specific and observe the lights and buy cool Anime stuff!
My ideal vacations would be one where i dont stop practicing handball, we keep the usual schedule; and i get to do stuff without worrying of the ones i dont do, like wanting to watch anime and worrying about other anime im not gonna be able to see. There's also the other way, traveling to places i want to visit and having the time to see and do all the stuff i want to (Japan, Germany, Thailand...).
I would love to head up to the arctic circle. The geography is really interesting up there.
Put simply - doing nothing. Just lazing around in my room playing games, painting drawing ect., hanging out with friends with music blaring, maybe hit up a couple of gigs, kicking off with download festival, and of course watching about a million anime series. That is a summer i would look forward too.
My summers aren't much different from the rest of my year, but if I were to specifically engage in a summer vacation, then... Some sort of adventure, most likely outdoors, either alone or with somebody special =) (though not necessarily romantically special). More than likely it would not be at a beach, but not anywhere particularly cold either; forests and mountains, plains and deserts, and even cities, for minabi all of these would be fine. Exercise, new experiences, challenges, lots of fun, and all the while absolutely exuding summer spirit for everyone around to get caught up in =)

I intend to hike from Oregon to Machu Picchu someday (possibly on an indirect route so I can stop at many other worthwhile visitation points along the way), and that would qualify for an ideal summer vacation for me.
We are a bit late this month but a winner will be chosen up till today! Look to the forum! :D