This topic is locked.

JPEG Artifacts?
My posts keep getting deleted due to "jpeg artifacts" but I am not editing them at all. I am not editing the images in anyway. To prevent them from getting deleted, do I put in a "jpeg artifacts" tag? I am new to uploading so...
All the info you could possible wish for regarding why images get deleted is featured on the image evaluation page. Check out section 02 and 03 for artifacts.

I recommend you read through that page to avoid your images getting deleted. If you have further questions on that topic, please refer to forum #64109.

Edit: In short, yes if your images contain jpg artifacts, you should add the jpeg_artifacts tag. Though we're not very accepting of such, so any image with easily visible artifacts will generally be deleted on sight. It's best if you can avoid it all together.

If the original image was saved as a .png file, normally they won't contain artifacts. That is what we prefer.

The best and most commonly used sites for finding such images are Pixiv.com and Deviantart.com (remember to include the source when possible).

Have a nice day ;)

This topic is now locked.