I'm fairly forgiving of ignorance and misconceptions. No one starts out by knowing everything...

I recall when I was young, I was afraid of sharing my knowledge. I often wanted to join in a conversation and answer a question or make a comment. But I didn't have enough faith in my knowledge. Most of what I knew I heard from others or picked up on the internet. So how could I know what was correct and what wasn't...

It's only natural that misconceptions will spread, especially among children. Though I don't like to see it happen...

But knowledge aside, when someone says something that implies a simple logic failure, that bothers me. The example I gave about the screencaps for instance. No matter how much knowledge they might lack, I would expect someone posting on imgur to at least know that phones use rechargeable batteries (or consider the possibility that they might).

*Edit
otaku_emmy said:
Or the whole "the age of consent in Japan is only 13 lol" shit. I always have to correct people on that because they assume that means you can fuck 13 year old kids over there, which you CAN NOT.
If I recall correctly, when I was a kid the lowest age of consent in the US was 14. Or at least that was the lowest one I could find. I don't know if it's changed.

*Edit 2
I was probably 12-15 when I was reading up on laws related to age of consent and statutory rape (which does NOT imply rape *for those that didn't know*)...