In a documentary about Freddie and Queen, it said that some believe he wrote that song with the fact that he knew he was going to die (because of his lifestyle) in mind. Kinda makes the whole thing a lot more depressing.
otaku_emmy said:
In a documentary about Freddie and Queen, it said that some believe he wrote that song with the fact that he knew he was going to die (because of his lifestyle) in mind. Kinda makes the whole thing a lot more depressing.
Yes that is true Emmy, Brian May (Queens brilliant guitarist) revealed that Freddie wrote Bohemian Rhapsody after he found out he was dying from AIDS ... which gives new light and importance to the song.

But, what a fabulous legacy he left us, all generations since have heard and and loved this classic song, it's up there with Beethoven and The Beatles.
Yeah that’s what my mom told me
Look, and see: the lotus blossom's purity.
Know, then, that nothing taints this heart.
- Meng Hao-jan (689-740)
"I'll go in cryo and return to life ho
And make a Bisque, some tomato basil shit
Riding a rhino pico de gallo
Roosters beak, I'll sleep when I leap that jeep"
Chucky vs. The Giant Tortoise, Dance Gavin Dance

One of the weirdest choruses to a song I've ever heard.
“I was a coward. In my past I've been a coward and so have you.

We've both got blood on our hands. We're not the heroes who saved the world, we're the villains who survived it.

I've made my peace with that. You should, too, because guilt is a weight you'll never swim away from.”
Dianna Hardy, Blood Shadow
"Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing."
Macbeth

A character in a movie I was watching the end of (I hadn't caught any of the beginning or middle) recited this speech as his friends were leaving him behind in a desert and then he fucking shot himself and it made me so sad.

The entire end of that movie was the biggest bummer. Real tears came out of my eyes.
If America is a consumer paradise, why are Republicans & Democrats the only choices available?
Robert Bridge
Because no one puts faith in third party candidates so majority votes always end up going to Dems and GOP members. :T
In the lead up to the festive season I thought, over the next couple of weeks, I would share a few appropriate quotes:

“Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before! What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store?

What if Christmas...perhaps...means a little bit more!”
Dr. Seuss, How the Grinch Stole Christmas!
Sportsman A: Wow, your legs are really ripped!

Sportsman B: That is because I am always carrying a heavy load of emotional baggage.
An internet meme...
"Take the children and yourself
And hide out in the cellar
By now the fighting will be close at hand

Don't believe the church and state
And everything they tell you
Believe in me, I'm with the high command

Can you hear me, can you hear me running?
Can you hear me running, can you hear me calling you?"
Mike Rutherford - Mike and the Mechanics, Silent Running
Uh so here's all the lyrics to The Arsonist by Thrice:

spoiler
“Life is something that happens when you can't get to sleep.”
Fran Lebowitz
otaku_emmy said:
Because no one puts faith in third party candidates so majority votes always end up going to Dems and GOP members. :T
That is what you are supposed to think - but the reason is not so obvious as Coca Cola vs Pepsi.

"I think that all American politicians today should be required to wear those NASCAR jumpsuits that display corporate sponsors, so we can know where their true interests lie."
- Former Minnesota governor Jesse Ventura

The quote above is from an article by Robert Bridge - there are more quotable gems in the article which I included in this spoiler :)
“I am more and more convinced that some people are put in our lives solely to try our patience and tamper with our tolerance levels.”
Richelle Goodrich
"I was a queen, and you took away my crown; a wife, and you killed my husband; a mother, and you deprived me of my children. My blood alone remains: take it, but do not make me suffer long."
Marie Antoinette
"Qu'ils mangent de la brioche"
Marie Antoinette
Did you know that she didn't actually say that? https://www.history.com/news/did-marie-antoinette-really-say-let-them-eat-cake

Kinda sucks that that's such a huge part of her legacy.
The losers don't get to proofread the history books. While revolts are often attributed to a defining event, there is usually a long restive period that primed the people for that event.
“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”
George Carlin
Think about what you've done, and say you're sorry
Me to myself.
"Due to their short bloom time, Japanese Sakura (Cherry) blossoms are a metaphor for life itself: beautiful yet fleeting.

You’ll realize when you’re as old as me to hang on to the good times because they won’t last forever.”
Shannon M Mullen, See What Flowers

Sakura
"Hell hath no limits, nor is circumscribed In one self place, for where we are is hell, And where hell is there must we ever be."
Christopher Marlowe
“Of course, Japans Christmas is so much more gorgeous and romantic than the rest of the worlds!!

And unlike the rest of the world, we leave wine behind for Santa Claus! by the time he gets here he is sick of all those damn American cookies.

So Santa-san is now actually delivering gifts to children while driving under the influence”
Hidekaz Himaruya
"To take revenge halfheartedly is to court disaster; either condemn or crown your hatred."
Pierre Corneille
"Revenge must be carried out properly".
chloe_(noir)
“The more clearly we can focus our attention on the wonders and realities of the universe about us, the less taste we shall have for the destruction of our race.

Wonder and humility are wholesome emotions, and they do not exist side by side with a lust for our destruction"
Rachel Carson
I don't like warriors. Too narrow-minded, no subtlety. And worse, they fight for hopeless causes. Honor? Huh! Honor's killed millions of people, it hasn't saved a single one. Tell you what I do like though: a killer. A dyed-in-the-wool killer. Cold-blooded, clean, methodical and thorough.
Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg
"Fool! Don't you see now that I could have poisoned you a hundred times had I been able to live without you."
Cleopatra