This topic is locked.

I'm good with Japanese names! If you want I can help~
Speaking of Japanese names, sorta, does the name 'Sen' mean anything?
It can mean quite a number of things depending on how it's written (i.e. what kanji char is used.) One of the basic meanings is "thousand", a basic unit of counting in JPN.

• e.g.: 二千円 = ni sen yen = 2,000 yen
Another meaning is "war", as in:

There are a bunch of other meanings for "sen". Just pop onto Google Translate, set it to translate from JPN, and check the "phonetic typing" option. As you type stuff out, it'll give options for what kanji you want to use. Better would be to use an Input Method Editor (IME, like the on that comes with Windows). You might get more possible interpretations that way. I think Google restricts itself to only the most common instances of usage. An IME's dictionary might be more inclusive of other, if possibly obscure, uses.

On a side note: Out of curiosity, I looked up Sengoku_Nadeko surname translation. Her "sengoku" (千石) mean "a thousand stones" ^_^
Sup guys? Been away for a while cause we couldn't afford an internet connection for a bit. Well I'm back. Kinda missed you guys.
I MISSED YOU MOAR!!!
Hey Kisumi. Wassup?
The sky, and other stuff~ You missed a lot and nothing at the same time. Basic Friendly Topic stuff. Also see comments on my avatar.
The good old usual stuff.
Woot! I'm 3 Kona's old today!
Happy KonaDay!

I baked you a cake
I just realized that Bear has a GIF avatar... Well Happy Konaday then.

Thanks Arty I might check the books out if I ever get into reading again. (Have problems to start reading books)
Photoshoped picture I would like to know if these passes the Photoshop requirement skill. Note that for some reason the picture shrank when uploaded onto site and is not the real size.

Original Image
That looks really good. I'd say it passes, with of the little authority I possess (none really).

Tiki said:
Note that for some reason the picture shrank when uploaded onto site and is not the real size.
Photobucket shrinks all the files unless you have the highest level of account (not free) or if the picture is small to begin with. Dropbox has worked far better for me when it comes to getting a public link unto something, and it can do more than just pictures.
Looks pretty good to me, but I'm not an authority figure.
So I was looking at the konachan.net popular list.
There's like nothing in the list.. Explicit stuff has taken over.
That happens from time to time.
helloooo. i am new. well, kinda. i've been looking at the site for a while, but finally decided to join (the urge to make comments was to strong). i don't know the male to female ratio here, but i am a female. i love this kind of art, and i like anime, manga, japanese culture and film, and i have a huge collection of manga (if you count the shonen jumps, shojo beats, yen plus(es), etc.). ummmmm....i'm not good with technology, i'm shy, i love the rain.....anyway....i hope this site treats me as well as it's been treating all of you lovely people. sorry to have ranted (i've been known to do that when i write). :)
welcome miss otaku emmy! i hope you enjoy yourself here ^_^ we don't have that many girls here, afaik. and don't worry about ranting; i doubt you'll ever beat Stahn in that department ^_~

Kumacuda said:
Woot! I'm 3 Kona's old today!
happy Konaday!

.0 .0 .0 .0 .0 .0
.II II II .II II .II
/TTTTTTTTTTT\
|~~~~~~~~~|
|____________|
Hello Emmy.
Welcome to the site.
just an f.y.i. if anyone at all wants to talk to me about anything (anything), leave me a message. i don't really talk to anyone, so being able to communicate with new people would be nice (wow, that sounds desparate). also, Davis_500, that is one nice textural(?) cake.
otaku_emmy said:
1. i am a female.
2. i'm not good with technology.
3. i'm shy.
4. i love the rain.
5. i hope this site treats me as well.
*innocently giggles* why, hello thar, miss emmy~ i see we could be very good friends.
Haha you are better off avoiding 80% of the members if that's the case.
Enjoy your stay ofcourse!
otaku_emmy said:
... i don't know the male to female ratio here...
I kind of want to know what that ratio is... Though i get the feeling there are more guys than girls.

Anyway, welcome to the community.
Normally it is more guys than girls in these kind of sites. My wild guess is 70% males and 30% females

Also welcome new konagirl.
otaku_emmy said:
i love the rain
Rain is awesome. Warm summer rain <3

On a side note: The Bread blog got updates. Three! I finally got to write some stuff, even though each article is rather short.
Anpan's blog said:
Use a better browser.
You know, I've been getting that alot lately... :(
The only good thing about Internet Explorer is probably that it supports conditional comments in html to display stuff (most of the time: "Get a better browser"). At least use IE9, Cade.
Lightning warrior raidy?
If I remember correctly that's a dungeon crawler eroge?
Yep. Though it doesn't install on Win7 I have to get my winXP desktop from me bro's before I can play it. T_T