This topic is locked.

Can't you run the install in xp compatibility mode?
and so cuda continues to rant on!
Wouldn't you if you pay almost 30USD for it only to find out it doesn't run when it says it can?
whip out your xp pc... and this ranting can stop! ;D
Artwork said:
Can't you run the install in xp compatibility mode?
Kumacuda said:
Nope. Win7 setup doesn't like the file. http://sadpanda.us/images/912444-TG6HKNB.png
If you has Win7Pro or higher (which I somehow doubt), you could try XP Mode instead. Or you could just try an XP install on Virtual PC (XP Mode is just a highly streamlined VPC set-up anyway.) Unless the game use Direct3D features. Then you're screwed and need an actual WinXP install.

Also, note that many JPN-only games expect a JPN language OS. I've had to set my system language to JPN before (even on Win7) to get a few apps to run properly. Newer apps aren't as bad (thank goodness for Unicode), but older programs from JPN can be finicky as shit with local system language settings.

Anyway, this is more tech stuff, so I'll shut up. We can move to the Tech Thread if needed later on.

Minor Thread Topic Question:
So here's something to help maybe kickstart a discussion. All of us have an initial reason why we came to Kona: finding anime wallpapers and image. And there even a thread to tell everyone how you found Kona (which oddly stills gets the ocassional posting ^_^). Some come and go, many others just lurk, a few try to contribute, and a handful get into the site. So, here's something to talk about:

What got you to:
  • Stay/keep visiting Konachan
  • Get active and heavily participate on Konachan
This is mainly a topic for the older users/veterans here. You don't have to respond to each point (even I don't recall all the details with my life here on Kona ^_~). Just respond to what you can. It's just insight for the rest of us about you.

Myself
I think I signed up to tag a few things, then later to criticize a few images. I mainly lurked, DLing images until I got involved with the site directly and started interacting with some of the staff. Then came the attempt at the Site FAQ. From there, I was integrated into Konachan and more or less started my "full time career" here. I think key dates to mark my time here were:

• My first donation (About when I started being more active on the site)
  • Start of the FAQ (My first real contribution to the site in terms of content)
  • Promotion to Contrib (somewhat inadvertantly from the above FAQ attempt ^_^;)
  • Promotion to Mod
  • Promotion to Deputy/Vice Admin (funny enough, it started out as a joke...)
  • Essentially becoming Co-Admin.
So... What started and kept you on your "Konareer" (KONAchan caREER - Yes, I know, sad attempt ^_^;)?
Stay away from my rear, Stahn ;)
I initially signed up to tag something (i think) and post on the forums. I stayed here due to hq anime wallpapers and contact to Shuugo. If I remember correctly, Shuugo invited me to become a mod because I always seemed to break Kona, or at least I was a little like a downtime alarm clock.

Though even at that time, I wasn't that active. I don't have many uploads, nor do I post much stuff in the comments or forum. I mainly silently stalk people on here, dl wallpapers and do some cleanup work.
Konaland, konatars, konareers...wonder what else is gonna pop out of flyboy there...

StahnAileron said:
If you has...
okay, some of you prolly won't get that^

so i was googling wallpapers and mots when i ran across an image from konachan. i happened to read the comments underneath and found myself laughing at what people where saying[typing]: it was some sort of debate between a user and the mods. so i looked around the site and saw a bunch of neat papers and thought it would be cool to be here. i had just left another forum at the time and thought i'd give this a whirl. shortly after, i got into to tagging and just haven't left.
Geh... So I missed something when I went back as rewrote that sentence: it was originally, "If he has..." I swapped out "he" for "you" when I decided to quote Cuda as well, so it would direct the post at him. Seems I didn't bother to correct for Subject-Verb agreement ^_^; Damn...)

Actually, Konaland I think came from someone else. I'm pretty sure I wasn't the first to come up with that. BTW, "Konaday" and "Konas" as referenced by Cuda were my idea. (I actually reminded him of his konaday last week and his resultant age in konas.)

If "Konareer" seems a bit off, I could nominate "Koreer" as a replace, though that kinda brings up other implications just looking at it (Like "Korean"...)

Myself, Cuda, and Sci seem to be the face of Konachan in terms of staff-user interaction. Though it seems Sci and Cuda have backed off a little over the past few months. I rarely see Sci post comments or in the forum lately unless it's warranted (mainly in the comments these days.) Cuda is still fairly active, but not as much as a I recall in the past. The rest of the veteran staff have mostly been lurkers. Charly WAS noticeably active until real-life bit him in the ass. I think it was a beneficial bite though ^_^
I wanted to comment on something I think, just to clarify something that someone else had said. I had already been visiting the site for a while.

Tons of awesome pictures, and they were all wallpaper sized so it worked out for needing desktop images. It was also a lot darker and more unique, where as all the other sites I've gone to are all white and the same. So yeah.

I just comment, post on the forum, and lurk. Not much of a Kontributer.
kokiriloz said:
*innocently giggles* why, hello thar, miss emmy~ i see we could be very good friends.
Do not listen to the purple haired catgirl! She lies! You should totally talk to me, a lot~ And I can tell you I certainly come with more "benefits" than this slippery kitty... You have to bend over backwards to get more than a tease from her~ It's much better to just share a few chats with me~ I'll have all the bending over taken care of~
______

-Well, I was in a place that was sort of weird for RP. I got to thinking about looking for pictures of Kisumi, and found konachan again after first using it to mess with one of my irl friends with hentai pictures. I found it wasn't only good for that, but that there was a character that looked more or less just like Kisumi! Momiji. So, to favorite them all, I joined.

Stay/keep visiting Konachan
-After making an initial goal of just waiting for Kisumi to be uploaded, I got impatient, and started using GIMP at a friend's suggestion to edit colors on a picture for Kisumi. Kisumifications were born, and the community here was awesome for the most part.

Get active and heavily participate on Konachan
-Community and Kisumifications. I really love this site, it fits well with me. No furries, no yaoi, no gore. Just right!
I... uh.. hmmm... i actually had to check when i joined Konachan and it turns out that ( in internet time) i havn't even been here very long. September 1st of last year. Huh.

At first i was just lurking and didn't even think of getting an account. But then there where some comments that people made or an image to where i could make a sly remark that was fairly humorous (imho) and it kind of forced me to get on. I stay because there are some really awesome pictures from time to time (i say this because most of the pictures i see are the standard ero game pictures and that style is boring to me. Also konachan sometimes goes into a dry spell where there is hardly anyone commenting/posting.) I also stay because the people and ,on occasion, the pictures are funny.
I had really no reason to sign up at the beginning. Saw there was comments and forums and signed up if I would ever comment on something if needed. Still remeber I was about to ask how to change my avatar back then, but found the "set as avatar" buttom and saw some else asked the same question. So it never got asked by me ^^

What got my staying at the beginning was the community and wallpapers and uploading. Though I failed on uploading and lost intrest. Now I would say because of community mainly the forums since I rarely comment now and wallpepers from my fav artists.

Which was got me more active on Konachan is thanks to the community and wallpapers.
FoliFF said:
[...] Though I failed on uploading and lost intrest. [...]
I just looked at your history. I recall part of that. There were a handful of images I deleted en masse. This wasn't very long after I made Mod rank. Actually, the most surprising thing is despite your upload record, you got away with only 1 ban. (BTW: FYI, no, it wasn't from me. This is directed at everyone else with a possible smirk on their face after read that last line.)
I recall you warned me one time. Which I'm greatful for. Personally I appreciate warnings first then banning if needed.
i'm so happy that i've been so warmly accepted. you people sure do get busy with the words too, once i leave. and some of you are so smart about this stuff that i don't even know what you're talking about. blows my mind. also, kokiriloz, kisumi...i like the commeeeents.
Don't worry there are periods when kona is very silent, atleast at the forums.
that sounds OMINOUS. but i like it. it's like voyeurism, only not so perverted. plus, i like it lots when it's responses to things i've said (i just hope i do not attract a lot of pervy pervs)......not that there's ANYTHING wrong with being a prevert *heehee, movie reference*.
@kisumi

@emmy

@stahn
i don't mind female perverts so much. my fountain's more of an awesome rainbow color. i do love purple hair too. but i can't get too romantic!
emmy is american, no?
my hair, ears and tail were a rainbow colour, courtesy of cuda and his magical powers... for some strange reason you remind me of this guy
wowwwww, that's kinda weird to be compared to. i wouldn't like to have that power. but a power involving touch is something i've always wanted. and emmy is just short for emily, and emily is a pretty common name (i think).....but yeah, america.
otaku_emmy said:
i don't mind female perverts so much.
That's not fair! What about the ronry male otaku?
otaku_emmy said:
1.a power involving touch is something i've always wanted.
2.emmy is just short for emily.
3.but yeah, america.
keep it coming, miss! *memorises everything*
you can touch me if you want >;3 in a non-sexual manner, of course~ <3
well of course i love a good otaku man, but they're so hard to find. i got real specific tastes anyway. i got a phobia about....male anatomy.

EDIT:
don't memorize everything. you'll get headaches (i have a good memory too though). i'd rather touch a guy. i might play with your hair though. when it comes to women, i prefer looking to touching.

MOD (SA): Immediate double-posting merged.
Others explained and pointed it out (below), so I'll stay quiet this time ^_~
pft... i call dibs on scolding emmy!

RULE 8 No SPAM, insults, or flaming. this includes double posting!

and i memorise everything about people!~ <3 okay, i like my hair being played with~ *starts to purr and looks innocently at emmy* looking and touching is the same thing. looking is touching with your eyes, and touching is looking with your body parts...
i didn't mean to do it twice. i was trying to respond to you and anpan (my computer is kinda wonky). i was going to say something like "touching with my eyes". "looking with your body parts" just sounds hilarious.
kokiriloz said:
RULE 8 No SPAM, insults, or flaming. this includes double posting!
dammit all, i usually mention this.

@emmy: you can use the "edit" button under your posts to append them.
ok. i'm sorry. i'll never do it again. thanks for confirming the thing about the editing, cuz i've gone to do that but then it looks like when you go to make a new forum. but you won't really have to worry about me when it comes to the rules. i'm a good girl.
otaku_emmy said:
i'm a good girl.
That what most people say about themselves.