This topic is locked.

So I'm going to go off topic here for a second or two. I recently dusted off Leon's old Playstation 2 and have been giving it some love, particularly ghostly japanese love. Now I gotta ask, is there a Fatal Frame manga/anime? Like... Anywhere?
You couldn't ask that in the Gaming thread...????

Anyway, from the looks of it, no. Seems to be a purely game-based franchise. No spin-off into other media that I know of. Maybe some doujinshi was made here and there, but nothing official from what I can tell.
kisumi said:
All you have to do to be popular is be active. Look at me, I draw nothing, write nothing, and do nothing but beg for art and I have fans just for existing.
Tiki said:
Sure being active is a must. On a side-ish note it seems like so many things go onto deviant art that the stuff uploaded will be view only a couple times because it is only on the front page for a very small amount of time. I would have to upload a ton of pictures to be noticed and i don't have that many -_-. But in order not not be a Negative Nelly here i'll keep fighting ! ^_^
The tricks to really start getting some views for yourself is basically two things - First, being active on the forums will help a lot. People will be curious of the account and will go check the profile out and the gallery usually as well. Doing commissions will also help. Second, submitting your deviations to groups will get more people to see you. That's how I started originally. I just somehow don't find myself getting into the dA community too much though for some reason so I'm apparently not going to get anywhere too big. Not that it'd matter all that much though.
Murzac said:
The tricks to really start getting some views for yourself is basically two things - First, being active on the forums will help a lot. People will be curious of the account and will go check the profile out and the gallery usually as well. Doing commissions will also help. Second, submitting your deviations to groups will get more people to see you. That's how I started originally. I just somehow don't find myself getting into the dA community too much though for some reason so I'm apparently not going to get anywhere too big. Not that it'd matter all that much though.
I didn't even know that deviant art had a forum. As for commissions would that be hard to do without people asking you for them?
DeviantArt is not... the greatest place for anime-styled art. A lot of it is just crawling with MS Paint weeaboo garbage or badly scanned sketches that somehow get turned into prints?? It's funny because just yesterday my friends and I spent hours on dA laughing at how bad some of the artwork is haha but yeah, I actually found an artist that has a tag on the Boorus and I believe a Pixiv? So, it all depends. The nicer art is usually for American cartoons/shows, games, or original characters.

That was just something I noticed I'm not saying that is dA set in stone.

Also, a lot of graphic are just gifs or those stamps with default Photoshop brushes, so..
FoliFF said:
That what most people say about themselves.
well, i am a good girl, but i have a bad temper, and a short fuse. i keep most of my meanness on the inside. but i don't think i'll ever be mean here.
Maho said:
...or badly scanned sketches that somehow get turned into prints??
You just described everything I've ever submitted to deviantart( the prints being made by mistake). That's why I never post anything that lasts more than an hour before I delete it out of embarrassment.
Bearly remember I have an account on deviantart. Wonder why I made it in the first place...
To show of your art skills Fluffy, thats why!
Artwork said:
To show of your art skills
That why i made one. Cant find any other site that allows my kind of stuff.
Hah I wish arty! I may have managed get a B in art class but still my art skills are not I take pride into.
No one ever said Deviant Art was good for art... just... good for free art, ehe... Trust me if I knew Japanese I'd be ALL over pixiv instead of DA.
Tried putting stuff on DA. Didn't work out. People are just mean. Just because I don't draw very well doesn't mean I don't enjoy it any less.
I don't have an account there anyway, since I never go there. So my reaction to any images that require an account are deemed worthless.
Well Bardiche, Pixiv won't let you see mature things either without an account so that's not entirely fair. Images that need an account aren't some exclusive setting, they're just "mature". Seeing as Kisumi images are fairly often nude (enough to be marked with the "must have account" sign), you might not be seeing many at all.

On that note, look what Tiki drew! I almost called him "Doctor Tranny" in my comment. Sometimes racking -y onto everything just doesn't work...
I don't go to Pixiv either actually. I've been thinking of maybe getting an account but I never do.
i have a pixiv for the sole purpose of simply having one. despite it being in JPN(and the ENG version a far cry from anything useable), i've got the basic functions down pat.

Artwork said:
To show of your art skills...
don't you mean artwork?
Pixiv. Yeah can't navigate that.
The problem I think dA (and perhap many other ENG art sites that have an anime community) is the fact that (I'll be honest here.)

So yeah... My experience with ENG anime "artist" isn't/wasn't very... uh, "pleasing"... And that's not even taking into account the quality aspect of the "art" they produce. Not to say ALL the artists are like that. It seems very common in the anime side of those community though. At least to me. Still, you don't see too many original anime design artists in the ENG sites compared to Pixiv. Most ENG "artists" seem to be simply photoshoppers. Maybe skilled photoshoppers, but still just photoshoppers, nonetheless.

On the other hand, Pixiv does have its fair share of crummy art as well. (If you ever bother to check out the more common tags there.)

ColtCat said:
Pixiv. Yeah can't navigate that.
There's an ENG setting for the basic UI. A far cry from native ENG, but it gets you around the site. Also makes signing up easier. (I signed up back when there wasn't even an ENG option at all.)
Yeah us english folks are a bunch of assholes. I mean this seriously and not in the ironic bitchy way. We take junk and say it's ours despite the trouble it may cause the actual artist. And thanks, I had no idea. I'll give it another shot then.
kisumi said:
I almost called him "Doctor Tranny" in my comment. Sometimes racking -y onto everything just doesn't work...
Ya... i've had my fair share of that way back when.... I got the name from Here Comes Dr. Tran!
Hickory smoked horse buttholes, eh?
kisumi said:
Hickory smoked horse buttholes, eh?
Out of all the quotes to take..... it was that one.
Well then what about hot dickings? I want one!
Is that really fat? Looks about normal to me...
Don't worry about it Stahn, Sam just doesn't have as much experience as you do with cocks, apparently. This is a fat cock.
kisumi said:
Don't worry about it Stahn, Sam just doesn't have as much experience as you do with cocks, apparently. This is a fat cock.
I'm getting a "403 Forbidden"
The links Kisumi posts don't seem to work a lot. Should probably work on that.
That's more like puffy ^_^; And Tiki, copy and paste the link. That site is blocking just the HTTP referrer from Konachan. You can access it directly via copy/paste/ENTER. I got a 403 error initially as well.