This topic is locked.

kisumi said:
Don't worry about it Stahn, Sam just doesn't have as much experience as you do with cocks, apparently. This is a fat cock.
It looks like a rooster crossed with a puffer fish to me. I've been in a animal-cross-splicing mood this week.
Senakysam said:
It looks like a rooster crossed with a puffer fish to me. I've been in a animal-cross-splicing mood this week.
exactly what I had in my mind
Davis_500 said:

don't you mean artwork?
Oooh you! ;)
what a dirty thing to be talking about. but i guess you're all much more comfortable with that sort of thing than i am. freedom of speech...keep on rockin' it.
Don't group me with Kisumi and the lot haha!
Glad I can't open Kisumi's link anyway ^_^.
yeah, you're probably better off not seeing "it". sometimes it's hard to unsee things like that.
otaku_emmy said:
yeah, you're probably better off not seeing "it". sometimes it's hard to unsee things like that.
. . . A bird? Did you look at the link? That's all it was—just for the pun's sake. I mean, some of Kisumi's links could be called "tramatic", but a bird's a bird.
I got a forbidden error thing, I assumed it was something weird because of who it was from too.
oh i didn't look. still......all that cock-talking can trick some people. what an awful word.
Cock can be a great word, if used well. Like almost all "foul" language, it's wonderfully expressive, and sound-wise, it's got an incredible bite to it. It can really grab attention, if used in moderation.

In normal conversation, though? No, it is a terrible word. It's overused, and refers almost solely to vulgarity (which, of course, it is a vulgar word). I won't deny it its poeticism, but it's not used poetically very often.

I've always been annoyed by people who cuss because it's "cool". But with some people, the words blend so perfectly with their lexicon, they actually pull it off. These are the kind of people who have "fuck" and "shit" in the same sentence as a compliment. It's really quite hilarious, and I don't think I could pull it off to save my soul.
i prefer the word "penis". if someone wants to say "penis" in a naughty way, then i prefer "dick". plus, "dick" can be used as an insult too. with "cock", you usually have to add something on, like "-sucker" or "-block(ed)". and you are right, some people need to reel it in when it comes to cursing. save the worst words for the right time.
Thinking on this, "damn," "fuck," and "shit" are my common swear words. Oh, "bitch" well, I suppose. I don't recall using "cock" much. Actually, the only time I really recall using it regularly is as a technical action (e.g. "cock the lever"). I mean, I've used it before in the vulgar form, but not enough that it's part of my standard speech pattern when about stuff.

Don't use "pussy" much either. "Dick" isn't used much by me either. Oh, "ass" is common, I think. Still, I do sorta use the softer forms of the these words just as often, like "friggin'", "crap", "darn". Especially in text form (where I often wind up my own worst critic and censor.)

I tend to use polite speech unless:

• A) I'm around well known company (friends) who know me just as well, or
  • B) The company I'm around also uses that speech themselves or is known to tolerate it.
Actually, it's not that much different from my practice of using technical terms when discussing a subject with people ^_^;
see, i like people who try to control themselves and keep themsleves from cursing constantly. it's very admirable. i really only use "damn" and "shit" and "ass". "ass" is barely a curse word. i only say "bitch" when i'm mad and "fuck(ing)" when i'm very mad.
I'm the same as Stahn in that regard, I usually never swear, but I also almost never talk, outside my group of friends anyway.
For a little bit of context, we were talking about "Here Comes Dr. Tran" earlier, and that's where the 'cock' talk originated from.

As for swearing, I really need to fix myself when it comes to that.
i kinda don't talk to anyone at all (which has it drawbacks). and i kinda have a problem talking to some people.
Well, I do slip fairly often, though I'm fairly self-conscious when I slip up as well. Still, I have a tendency to reserved and conservative in my behavior around company I'm unfamiliar with until I get to know them. I try to treat people the same way they treat me. That does mean I'm less reserved if they treat me like crap or try my patience. Anyone here on Konachan who have done that to me have met my ire (at least in text form). No one in present company, I believe though. Even then, I just use stronger wording, usually. It's takes a bit for me to actually start truly cursing someone out in text form (the writer/editor in me mitigates that aspect...)

Pretty sure I haven't cursed anyone out publicly IRL, though... At least not in pure rage/anger/hatred. I do the friendly/joking "Well, fuck you..." line with people I know though. Doesn't count, of course ^_^;
Senakysam said:
For a little bit of context, we were talking about "Here Comes Dr. Tran" earlier, and that's where the 'cock' talk originated from.
that's the wonderful thing about talking to people. the conversation can just go anywhere. like branches on a tree, each comment a twig off the main branch. also, Stahn, you are very well spoken and seem (to me) to be quite the gentleman.

MOD (SA): Quote fixed.
I've only truly "raged" at one person.
She openly mocked me in front of the class room (this was five or six years ago) and I ended up making her seem pretty stupid. I'd rather not repeat what I said.
Probably helped that no one liked her anyway
i remember, when i was in school, this guy snapping at a teacher and cussing him out. i had never experienced such a strained and tense atmosphere. it was that kind of shock that was so shocking that you feel kinda like giggling it off. i sure do miss seeing those fights. there was even almost a RACE WAR my senior year.
otaku_emmy said:
i remember, when i was in school, this guy snapping at a teacher and cussing him out. i had never experienced such a strained and tense atmosphere. it was that kind of shock that was so shocking that you feel kinda like giggling it off. i sure do miss seeing those fights. there was even almost a RACE WAR my senior year.
I've seen a full on fist fight in my class once. Didn't even know that it was an actual fight till there was blood splattered on the wall from a nose bleed (FYI: it wasn't that much blood, just a couple speckles). The teacher didn't even know about it because he was on the phone. It ended pretty fast but still pretty crazy.

When you say Race War.... do you mean like Blacks attacks white or vise versa?
that is EXACTLY what i mean, Tiki. a redneck junior called a black senior a *ahem* n@#$%&. then this whole "redneck vs. black people" thing started, everyone started taking sides (i was on the black peoples' side), it simmered for a few weeks, etc. we all gathered during lunch in this open space and waited for it to happen. SOOOO MANY PEOPLE in that small space. way more than usual. THEY EVEN CALLED IN A BUNCH OF COPS, just in case. the bell rang to go back to class...and we all stood there silently...and just waited.
Kinda interesting to see how some curse words in other languages translate into English or others. "Fan" which is the most common curse word in Swedish literary means "devil" but often translate into "damn" or "darn".

Normally we try to avoid to use vulgar or rough words as much as possible. Simply because we Swedish people tends to look down own people who can't control themselves from cursing constantly or using inappropriate words.
Sometimes you can't help yourself when you are in berserk mode.
I've only been in 'berserk mode', as you call it, and I scared the people around me as it was completely opposite of how I usually am. Don't like to go down that road.
Speaking of curse words, I once heard that "cunt" is the most offensive, frowned upon word you can say in England. Can any English people here clarify this?
Short Story

Cade said:
Speaking of curse words, I once heard that "cunt" is the most offensive, frowned upon word you can say in England. Can any English people here clarify this?
Depends on who you talk to. Maybe in general, but at this point, I'm pretty jaded with swearing, so I don't take too much offense to swearing unless it's directed at someone I care about or is simply out of line.
swearing... cursing... hmmm... well I use "balls" quite a bit in english these days. I don't really use any other ones for some reason... I don't even curse all that much in english either. I guess that's just how I've learned to use english, writing it cleanly.

Finnish is a whole other story though - out of all my friends I curse the most. Unlike in Fluffy's case up there, we don't really look down at people cursing; at least as far as I know. As for what I use for cursing, that varies quite a bit. The most usual ones are the usual "vittu" - "cunt", "kyrpä" - "dick" and "perkele"
So to continue the topic of cussing and insulting The 100 Greatest Movie Insults of All Time Some of them are pretty funny and are from movies I've seen.
Stahn, you and I are scarily similar....
I never use naughty words, except ass. When I say that it's always to refer to the area in question. I don't insult people normally, though when I do it's normally along the incredibly immature lines of calling someone a butt.

Also, moar irl Sumi!

This one is 100% legitimate. I contacted the model myself, she agreed to take some photos and gave me full disclosure. She is now in love with Kisumi and happy that she's able to be the face of her. We both worked on it! She... existed and looked pretty... I photoshopped the hell out of it.