This topic is locked.

Do you use Dating Sites?
A short word to myself first :
Im now part of this site for several years and u might see me just shitposting on some Pictures in the comment section or so. And thats it... im just here for some neet Wallpaper's.

But finally im despreat enough to ask ppl here if they use any "Dating" sites... Bcs here in germany u see only those mainstream datings where u actually have to "pay for your luck" lmao.

Well i wanted to ask ppl here maybe since... lets say... im not that of a normie even thos im not looking like a freak since i can hide my personality really good...

So yeah, im using since now a weak tinder and lovoo and it sucks :D. Litrally there might be not a thing like that... Since i only get msges from fake profiles lol.

Urgh...

I start to hate myself a bit now lol.

What are ur suggestions and experineces ?
You shouldn't have made a new forum for this (it would've been fine to post in the Friendly Thread), but to answer your question I don't personally use any dating sites. I SHOULD, but I don't.

I used OkCupid before and met someone who molested me, but a lot of the people on there are probably chill and normal so you could try that. It's free and they use questions to match you with people.
I mostly use OKC but the women I match with are dissapointing at best. Lately I've been matching with a set of women who are community college dropouts working retail with no plans on bettering their lives. A few months ago I was only matching with some level of physical disability (epilepsy, cerebral palsey, one girl who was in pain due to touch, etc).
I'm also terrible at flirting and texting in general so if we don't meet up within a week of texting they're going to get bored. If we do meet they get hooked because I am much more charasmatic in person, but that's also where I learn how they're terribly flawed.

My problem with meeting women in real life is that, outside of anime cons, I don't see them. I'm an electrical engineer / software developer with hobbies of board games and video games. Both of which are massively male dominated fields.
...You seem cooler to me now, Traz.
You’ve been kinda flushing over Traz lately. R u developing a crush Emmyyyy??? Spit it out 😘
I suggest this forum thread is nothing but an open invitation for spammers! I've seen this before.

We are an anime based site with a good reputation. On the other hand 90% of dating sites are open to scams and should not be promoted, or even mentioned here on Konachan..

It’s an unfortunate reality that as the popularity of social networking and dating sites has grown so has the number of reported romance and online dating scams.

If you’ve never heard of a romance scam, it’s a type of deception where scammers connect with people on dating apps, social networking sites, and chat rooms; stage fake romantic intentions to gain trust; and then leverage peoples’ goodwill to get their money.
eclimial said:
I suggest this forum thread is nothing but an open invitation for spammers! I've seen this before.

We are an anime based site with a good reputation. On the other hand 90% of dating sites are open to scams and should not be promoted, or even mentioned here on Konachan..

It’s an unfortunate reality that as the popularity of social networking and dating sites has grown so has the number of reported romance and online dating scams.

If you’ve never heard of a romance scam, it’s a type of deception where scammers connect with people on dating apps, social networking sites, and chat rooms; stage fake romantic intentions to gain trust; and then leverage peoples’ goodwill to get their money.
Yeah ur right, wouldnt mind if a a mod is going to delet this thread tbh. At this point i dont have any counter wight to come towards you so....

Yeah delet this thread, i actually did read what i wanted to read and that is that dating sites might be just scams.... Truly did experienced that myself by now at this point a couple days ago.
Many thanks 4ChanwasntEnough, that was a really good reply.

I don't think the mods will delete the post, they hardly ever do that, they are very fair, they may lock it or let it ride, but it's up to them to decide.

I'm just an ordinary member expressing a personal opinion, but I believe dating sites are potentially dangerous and may lead to tragedy, broken hearts and personal hardship, Konachan should not be seen associating with, or encouraging them.

You have a good heart 4ChanwasntEnough, please keep posting to the forum and adding great wallpapers to your favorites ❤️

(and a huge hint, an important rule, don't make many new threads - the mods absolutely hate that, find an existing thread you can reply to) 😘
I don't recommend dating services, but if you choose to use one, remember, you never get more than you paid for. Any service that does not do an in-office, in-person interview is not worth your time and money. The inteview screens out trolls, deviants, and people not serious enough to make the effort.

I would recommend that if you want to meet cool people, join a club or take classes in activities for which you have an interest or an activity that you might like to participate in with a girlfriend - whether some kind of outdoor activity such as hiking or bike riding or perhaps dance, choir, learning to play an instrument or cooking (go tell Soma of shokugeki_no_soma that cooking in not serious :). Well it is a very useful life skill :)

Remember that even in a male dominated club, guys have sisters...who are also looking for boyfriends :)

Consider joining a gym, the gym I regularly attend has as many girls working out as guys (of all figures), and at times I have to wait for a machine to open. How to start a conversation? Ask for advice in how to properly do an exercise, join one of the workout sessions....Ask someone if they will do an exercise challenge as motivation (many people would appreciate the motivation - it is hard to just do sets of exercises alone. At any rate, even a gym only friend will help you continue...and a good physic will not hurt your quest.

Finally consider taking up a martial art such as Judo, BJJ, Karate, even boxing.....at my gym, 4 out of 12 people in the boxing class are girls. Many girls do boxing for the aerobic workout and don't actually fight. If you take a martial art up seriously, you will make some really, really cool friends from a amazingly wide variety of professions and backgrounds.....you will build confidence....and it will not take long before you have a really enviable physic......that will attract what you seek :) And btw, I would not challenge my wife...even though I am pretty good at Judo, she would kick my butt as soon as we got to the floor!...After getting seriously into BJJ 2 years ago, she went from 85kg to 62kg.....and btw she has a PhD in Signal processing, a couple of dozen patents....she can cook (so can I) and don't ever try to take her back ;)

Good luck!
Excellent advise Kiho!

Although we are now divorced (but still good friends) my wife and I spent nearly 20 years together, had two wonderful kids and met in a dojo specializing in kendo.

(PS ... on our fist match she beat the crap out of me 'cause even though she was much smaller than me, I couldn't take my eyes of her cute little bare feet - damn you foot fetish, it was my undoing)
Kiho said:
Remember that even in a male dominated club, guys have sisters...who are also looking for boyfriends :)
This is so true!
3 out of my 5 sisters ended up marrying one of my husband's brothers.
Also keep in mind that people like to put on airs when initially dating just so they can seem more appealing. Once they've got you in the bag, they can change.

But yeah, love is nice and important. I fully believe in love still. True, real, love. Love based on mutual attraction and not just sechs.

mattiasc02 said:
You’ve been kinda flushing over Traz lately. R u developing a crush Emmyyyy??? Spit it out 😘
...He just seems...kinda like what I'd like. I don't know enough about him to have a crush, and having a crush on anyone when you don't know what they look like is a bad idea.

Anyway uuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhh since 4CWE said I could go ahead and close the thread I'm gonna do that. Not gonna delete it, just lock it.