The shark tag is listed in our General & Style Tags Resource.

Was there a reason to remove it? Not enough posts?
Zolxys said:
Was there a reason to remove it? Not enough posts?
Yarp. It was, like, less than 30? Plus it shouldn't be used for floats.

I had no idea we had the tag at all tbh. I assume that was the case for many other users because it's use has been sparse over the last 10+ years, to say the least.
Suggestion to change Shirou Kotomine to Amakusa Shirou now I understood why the other day there was only one image of Amakusa, I remembered that there were more but it's because he has his name of Fate Apocrypha here, in danbooru or his wiki thanks to FGO nobody has called him again Shirou Kotomine because his real name is Amakusa Shirou

Another thing that I always forget, Grenville, L'Opiniâtre and Le Téméraire they aren't original characters, I don't know why some of their images have that tag
The first issue is a no brainer. It has been dealt with. If the tagging system is fixed, then the 0 image tag should disappear in a couple of months.

The second issue is more a missunderstanding. 「本家」 means "birthplace", "origin" and by extension "original". This is not to be mistaken with ORIGINAL design/art. That tag is written in katakana as 「オリジナル」. On the other hand, "honke" means "the creator" as a lot of the images are drawn by the character designer, riichu. I believe this should be known by uploaders. It should be fixed now.
Oh, whoops. I forget to address this.

It WAS my understanding that those girls were initially Riichu's original creations. They were incorporated officially into the game awhile after.
Tensa said:
The first issue is a no brainer. It has been dealt with. If the tagging system is fixed, then the 0 image tag should disappear in a couple of months.

The second issue is more a missunderstanding. 「本家」 means "birthplace", "origin" and by extension "original". This is not to be mistaken with ORIGINAL design/art. That tag is written in katakana as 「オリジナル」. On the other hand, "honke" means "the creator" as a lot of the images are drawn by the character designer, riichu. I believe this should be known by uploaders. It should be fixed now.
Thank you ~

otaku_emmy said:
Oh, whoops. I forget to address this.

It WAS my understanding that those girls were initially Riichu's original creations. They were incorporated officially into the game awhile after.
I remember that when Le Téméraire arrived at the game, riichu already had many images of her and even sold illustrations, I don't remember the reason but I think his the only artist who make many drew of his own characters from the beginning
Regarding post #327771

Just so that there is no misunderstanding, I did not change anything besides adding that alias, change can be seen here: https://konachan.com/artist?order=date

otaku_emmy said:
It's okay to wanna change something, but it's cool to let Mods know first.
No it does not make sense to ask mod and inform the uploader for small fixes and changes like this one.
That is if alias actually did what it's supposed to do as quote from here:

What are aliases?:
Artists often have more than one name. In particular, they can have a Japanese name and a romanized name. Ideally, users should be able to search for either and get the same artist.

Danbooru allows you to alias artists to one reference artist, typically one that you can search posts on.
But when searching for the aliased name it does not bring up the parent posts nor it gives any suggestions that this keyword is actually an alias. So I think it only works on the /artist part of the website where you can search for artist that way. It's not super convenient but better than nothing.

With that I think we have to resort to old ways of informing the uploader that tag was changed because the website does not have a way of doing that automatically.
Changing tags is the only solution we get.

I appologise for the disturbance.

EDIT: Turns out I was using the artist alias instead of tag alias, as zolxys explained in the comment.
I don't think you did it correctly, is the thing. Because not only did the alias not work, it also didn't show up in the alias queue. It wasn't pending approval nor was it listed alphabetically where it'd be if it HAD been approved (it'd be on page 18).

We don't always use the same tags as Danbooru or whatever. We don't always use what the artist currently uses, for various reasons. We always prefer people bring up tag changes regardless of how contentious the change may or may not be. It's just...courtesy, I guess, to tell everyone you want to change something. And it keeps aliases and implications from getting messed up.

And, like I said, in this case the alias doesn't seem to have worked anyways. The search bar will show both the current tag and an alias if it's in the system. For all categories of tags. Searching the old tag will take you to images with the new tag if the alias was actually formatted correctly.
You're right. Though I wasn't the one who changed all the tags, but I think Yume kept uploading using the old tags unaware of that, that is why I wanted to use an alias. Well doesn't matter now as long as the problem has been fixed now. Should there be an actual tag alias made in the case when artist changes names like this? Or to keep the system clean we just roll with the new tag?
I mean, it's "jellytits-7" now. I asked Zolxys to fix it, but I don't know what he did. Since all the tags have already been changed we don't necessarily need to do anything. We all understand what it is now, and I check uploads every day, so "rak_(kuraga)" won't ever be used again.
I don't know if this is the right place to talk about this but here i go any way,

I honestly think that we need to have a tag called multicoloured_hair as some pictures has characters that has multiple hair colours.

And adding more than one tag for the colour of the hair itself is counted as invalid.

I think this shouldn't be the case. Some people such as i like characters with multicoloured hair and making it easier to find would ease the pain for some people looking for this specific hair design. So yea please consider this before deciding to turn me down or not.
ANNOUNCEMENT:

Re: The "Trap" Tag

I have discussed the use of this tag with Zolxys, and we have decided that a change from "trap" to "otoko no ko" is in order. This has been brought up before, but action has not been taken until now. (My personal opinion on the matter has changed but that's beside the point.) The new tag would also align more with the correct verbiage and with tagging on other sites.

IF ANYONE HAS ANYTHING TO SAY ABOUT IT, please post your opinion here within the next couple of days.

The tag will also need to be manually changed for blacklists as well but we can't do that for people ourselves so...
As long as there will be an alias I'm totally fine with it.
BattlequeenYume said:
As long as there will be an alias I'm totally fine with it.
Oh yeah, of course. But Zolxys told me that aliases don't work on blacklists so people would still have to change that manually.
If this change is brought upon by some political BS, then take my vote against it. Otherwise.... shrug
Tensa said:
If this change is brought upon by some political BS, then take my vote against it. Otherwise.... shrug
Well, I got to thinkin' about Astolfo. He's the poster boy for femboys but he's not actively trying to pass as female. That's the whole original idea behind the "trap" trope. Someone like Mariya Shidou from Maria Holic.

It might seem like splitting hairs, but to me making the blanket assumption that all femboys (fictional characters) are trying to pass for girls is...inaccurate. Some artists just like drawing girly boys.

No one's complained, the whole Astolfo Realization just dawned on me. Plus, like I said, it'd match other sites.
otaku_emmy said:
(...)
It might seem like splitting hairs, but to me making the blanket assumption that all femboys (fictional characters) are trying to pass for girls is...inaccurate. Some artists just like drawing girly boys.
Exactly.
I'm always thinking that the tag *trap* doesn't fit in most cases.
The tag has successfully been changed and aliased. I will now tweak the tag's wiki.

Edit: Fuck it, I just copied the one on Danbooru. It includes the "political" stuff but the points it were making weren't biased.