I'll just say that I've never heard of a swim_ring in my life before. I certainly would never think to search for that instead of innertube.
or... you know, call it life_ring
kokiriloz said:
or... you know, call it life_ring
Ah, but the ones we're talking about aren't meant to be used that way. They're basically just play things. Float or swim_ring...it should be one of those.
This have become pointless now with the whole tube/ring thing xD

This has to be one of those cases it is the same thing but different English word depending where you live (American vs British or similar) but in the end: Same shit different name.

I vote for swim_ring
Pool_float would include more than just the rings. If we wanted to do that, I'd prefer floatation_device.

And like Emmy said, a life_ring is specifically a life saving device. They are made far more durably and almost always have rope attached around the outside for people to grab on to.

I think we have enough input now to go with swim_ring and make innertube an alias.

*Edit: ^ *Done*
Arigatou, Zolxys-sama.
I want to bring to light that we might need to work more on singular names. I think in the past we said that all singlular names should have _(series_name) after them but often to I find it missing.
I think that's a good idea for any that may cause confusion. I don't think it's necessary for unusual names like accelerator and shana.

If you can think of another character with the name, even if that other character has a full name, then I think _(series_name) should (in most cases) be added.
Also, we seem to have two fremea_seivelun and frenda_seivelun
Can we alias fremea to frenda?

I notice that danbooru has both, but Frenda has more posts - likewise here.
Well, I've only seen the anime series'. But apparently Frenda Seivelun and Fremea Seivelun are sisters so I think an alias would be inappropriate.
Ah yeah, now I remember. She turns up like one time in the index anime and in NT - which I've not read at all.
I retract my request. I thought it was just a spelling mistake. I forgot about her, never mind.
And I'm meant to be the Raildex super fan experty person. I will now go an smash my head against something.
Mentioned in the comments:
スィーリア・クマーニ・エイントリー
celia_cumani_aintree
vs.
celia_kumani_entory

① is used on ACDB, VNDB and yande.re and on 26 posts here.
② is used on danbooru and mentioned as a alias on VNDB. It's used on 9 posts here.

*Aliasing ② => ①*
imouto_sister vs. my_sister: Both tags have one post right now. The actual title is 「妹*シスター」 (Imouto*Sister) but "-My sister-" is included in the logo as a subtitle or English title. Both ACDB and VNDB use "My * Sister" which is actually a combination of the two titles...

-------------------------

Also, we still have a large list of gundam implications pending approval and I see no reason not to approve them unless we want to change the implied tag.

Mobile_suit_gundam is used as the implied tag for those which is how we do it for most series (ie. final_fantasy & persona). But I prefer the method we use for monogatari_(series) which is ironically not as ideal for series' like bakemonogatari that continue with the same cast... If we use that method, I think gundam would suffice. However, this would result in many images then mistagged as mobile_suit_gundam that would need to be fixed.
Zolxys said:
*Aliasing ② => ①*
Policy in the past was to go by ANN. so it would be Celia Cumani Aintree.

Zolxys said:
"-My sister-" is included in the logo as a subtitle or English title.
If it's in the official logo, use it.

When it come to a repeatedly used universe, with a not so easy or long name, I quite like being able to put in "mono" and getting a catch all tag from tag completion, regardless of the specific plot line. Slightly tempted to add an alias for "lyrical_nanoha".
Looks like gundam is what Danbooru opted to use as catch all, so no problems there.
Policy in the past was to go by ANN. so it would be Celia Cumani Aintree.
ANN == AnimeNewsNetwork? I prefer anidb. It's more detailed, easier to navigate and doesn't have ads. If I had known there was an anime adaptation, I would have checked anidb. I don't think either ANN or anidb cover VNs. None the less, ACDB, VNDB, ANN and anidb all agree here.

If it's in the official logo, use it.
Yes, it's in the official logo in small text between hyphens in the bottom right. To me it looks like a sub-title like in Inocent Bullet -the false world- or many others I could point out.

When it come to a repeatedly used universe, with a not so easy or long name, I quite like being able to put in "mono" and getting a catch all tag from tag completion, regardless of the specific plot line. Slightly tempted to add an alias for "lyrical_nanoha".
Looks like gundam is what Danbooru opted to use as catch all, so no problems there.
So then to confirm, we want to:
  • Create a circle (blue) tag: gundam
  • Have all the Gundam copyright tags imply gundam
  • Untag mobile_suit_gundam on all the posts that don't reference the original "Mobile Suit Gundam" series.
Is that correct?
Any objections?
Not from me. Everything sounds legit
We don't have a futon tag do we... It's slightly different to a bed.
Urm, there seems to be 2 tags for Little Red, one being Little_Red_Riding_Hood and the other Red_Riding_Hood

Then again, I might just be having the same misunderstanding I did with bunny and rabbit
I would think one would be the copyright tag and the other the character tag. Both tags have been changed from character tags.
So, we did have a rule that we don't add character tags for weapons or mecha. I started looking through mecha after seeing post #182698 tagged. Most remain untagged, but some do have tags.

For example:
But it's been a long time since I've heard that rule mentioned and we have new staff now so I'd like to hear some opinions on the matter. Personally, I don't care what decision we reach for mecha, but I think tagging weapons should still be disallowed.
I have never heard of this rule before now. I agree with you in regards to weapons (and other signature gear/equipment etc.) with a possible exception if said equipment plays a character's role in the series in question (e.g. thinks for itself, acts, communicates...). And I haven't established an opinion in regards to mechas yet.
It's the item is a character in its own right, ie the uniform in Kill la Kill I think it should be tagged, if it's just the name of a item then now it shouldn't, we don't tag every weapon type, there's no reason to tag every mecha type.
Has anyone been keeping tabs on the translation_request tags?
I've been adding them when I see an occasion to, but I'm less than 10% as active now as I once was, so that's not as often as it could be. But someday! shirakawa_kona will forever have a place in... the void where my heart was before I tore it out. Heh.

I noticed Wiresetc remove a few of the tags when he added some translations. If you want to keep track of them yourself (or for whoever does), a handy tool is to look up the history for a specific tag using the search bar at the bottom of the listing on the edit history page.

++++++

Kuma, I found another example - hermes the talking motorcycle from kino_no_tabi. I created the tag for him/her/it/bah (without being aware of the rule) when I uploaded an image containing the character about a month ago. It hasn't been spread yet though and is just on post #180398, so if we uphold the rule the way it is (or the portion of it pertaining to talking equipment/vehicles) somebody can delete that tag.

I would think vehicles would fall under the same heading as mechas rather than with equipment though, and if so, chamber_(suisei_no_gargantia) is another existing example of a vehicle character. I think if Chamber is okay to keep as a tag then so is Hermes and any other vehicles (mecha or otherwise) that communicate and/or act on their own.

senketsu and junketsu complicate this further though... Right now the standard for tagging them is to only do so when they're 1. depicted independently and/or moving around without somebody wearing them, or 2. in cases of anthropomorphism. The first doesn't apply to something like Hermes though in my opinion, which I think doesn't have enough moving parts to demonstrate that clearly in an image, and since Chamber has a closed cockpit by default the issue of whether or not it's being piloted at any given moment is ambiguous...
Well, I don't know Japanese soooo...but there's not that many right now. I added one a day ago or so.
minabiStrikesAgain said:
I have never heard of this rule before now. I agree with you in regards to weapons (and other signature gear/equipment etc.) with a possible exception if said equipment plays a character's role in the series in question (e.g. thinks for itself, acts, communicates...). And I haven't established an opinion in regards to mechas yet.
It's an unwritten one, because well, it'd be a nightmare to change the established routine, and potentially confusing to tag them too.
Basically, if it can pass a Sentient Lifeform test, you can tag it as character.
What do the blue tags represent? I haven't seen too many of them until now.
Their circle tags, I can't quite remember the exact use for them at the moment for some reason.
They are meta-copyrights. Mostly common artist cirlces (artist collectives) or studios like key which are in a way also artist circles. Konachan also uses blue for collective copyright tags, like monogatari_(series), where it's not an actual copyright in of itself, but all the copyrights that belong to it, contain it.