Stealthbird97 said:

On that second point. The tags were made by the same person who added wiki entries for the tags. They weren't aware of the process we have of adding tags.
Yep sorry about that! I know now though... :D
minabiStrikesAgain said:
Hmm... Alaron, when you read this, could you grab the search statistics for detatched_sleeves?
I will fight this tag. I see absolutely no reason to have tags that specific. We don't even have a tag for jeans much less a tag for an individual aspect of an article of clothing. The less tags we have the easier it is to tag images, and the easier it is to search for them.
Using jeans to make your point doesn't really work. On dan, jeans has only 4,304 posts while detatched_sleeves has somewhere around 77,000 posts of which only 15,683 are vocaloid.

Do we have anyone that wants to go through more than just vocaloid to tag them?
I think I've waited long enough for the discussions to develop.

SciFi said:
I see no need for saliva on Kona. I barely ever use it on Dan, outside of yuri kiss.
Gag or gagged and blindfold can most often be found with bondage.
I'm on the fence about detatched_sleves, Don't know that it'd be that useful, but do tag for it plenty (even discounting Miku).
I share this sentiment. detached_sleves doesn't seem to be worth tagging. Same with saliva. Gag is used more but I think bondage is enough to identify those images. I'd guess that if you don't want to see those images you just blacklist bondage. Blindfold can stay.

Think of these comments as decisions. Exception only for gag... People seemingly like it... I, however, don't see much value in having it. Gonna observe some more.

@emmy go ahead and add that implication you asked about if you haven't already.

Everything else prior to that seems to have been resolved and I agree with the changes made so no further input needed for now.

P.S. I don't think I've ever mentioned it but just because we change a tag now doesn't mean it will stay like that until the end of time. These things develop. I try to keep an eye on analytics for the searches and I'll bring things up if I notice anything.

P.P.S I'm fascinated by analytics in some odd way. I don't understand it at all.
A member just created rooftop and tagged 50 posts. Keep it?
Sorry for that, I didnt know that I have to ask in this thread.
Zolxys said:
A member just created rooftop and tagged 50 posts. Keep it?
Well you all know what I'm going to say...
Stupid tag. I know the more tags the better, but, honestly, who's going to be searching konachan for fucking rooftop pictues?
I don't consider it worth tagging but looking through the images... I'm not sure. They all have a very uniform feel to them, i.e they're all very similar in the fact that they are actually on a rooftop. Is it specific enough to be worth tagging?

I'm not sure this is the best tag for it but it does seem like something worth identifying. If we are to take out the rooftop tag most images are left with mostly general tags. If we are to keep it but change it - ideas?

I'll peek at analytics some time tomorrow, do continue your discussion for the time being. I'd like to hear some more opinions from the regulars in this topic.
I just love characters sitting on top of a tall building so they can enjoy the view. I dont see what would be wrong with this tag.
Well, we try to avoid adding lots of tags, especially if they are similar to others. It would be a lot of work to tag every image with lots of tags. You can still visit Danbooru or Gelbooru for the mountain of tags if you like.
Yet another new tag (footjob) had slipped through with 2 posts and someone just tagged another 58. Keep?
Yeah, why not? It's like handjob, which we have and there are good number of images which can use this tag.
Zolxys said:
Yet another new tag (footjob) had slipped through with 2 posts and someone just tagged another 58. Keep?
I had been wondering why this tag had only 2 posts for a while now...It is a very specific tag,so its pretty usefull(pretty sure there people into that,including me of course :) )

Kumacuda said:
( sky building )
As for the rooftop,i agree that you get pretty much a simiral result with those two...
I would have sworn we already had footjob...as a lover of feet and footjobs I vote it should stay!
footjob should definitely stay.
Kumacuda said:
I would have sworn we already had footjob...as a lover of feet and footjobs I vote it should stay!
Maybe we already had the tag under a different name? I don't know, but I agree footjob should stay.
I'm also in favor of keeping the footjob tag, it seems specific enough to me (and again a potential blacklist for those sexually picky people :3 )... did some checking around, Danbooru uses footjob as their tag and has "ashikoki" (Japanese version) aliased to it, Sankaku uses ashikoki as their primary tag but has footjob in the tag names for all variations (multiple footjob, "stealth footjob" (*minabi winks at Stealthbird*), etc.), and Gelbooru just uses footjob with no reference to ashikoki.

And... I'm going to avoid sticking my foot (heh) too far in my mouth again (as I seem to do on a regular basis in the tag thread...) by directly supporting or opposing Konachan retaining the rooftop tag, but I will note that... I thought we were only tagging certain kinds of settings - natural settings (seasons, beach, forest, desert, night, space and sky in some cases, and park which is debatably natural (heh)), water-related settings (beach again, but also pool, bath, underwater, and onsen), celebrations (christmas, wedding, and festival), various vehicle tags when the image is depicted from the interior of that kind of vehicle (often trains)... and collections of active (city) and defunct (ruins) civilization, but that's a far cry from tagging individual regions of buildings. If we choose to keep rooftop I think that would create a precedent for tags like locker_room again (which is pretty similar in scope IMO to rooftops). Is that what we want?

++++++

I found the tag vespa (23 images)... apparently (according to Wikipedia) it's a scooter and not a motorcycle, though it was originally patented as a "motorcycle of a rational complexity of organs and elements combined with a frame with mudguards and a casing covering the whole mechanical part" and the term "motorcycle" was used multiple times elsewhere in the patent application documents... I'm pretty sure I've tagged a few of these around Konachan as motorcycles myself.

If y'all think it's reasonable to lump them in with motorcycles tag-wise (we already do this with boat referring to both boats and ships which are technically different things), then I think it's fine to remove the tag, since we don't tag different models of cars or tanks or any other kind of vehicle (except mechas sometimes, heh). But if not, then there's still the question of whether to keep the tag at all - and if we do, whether or not to tag this type of vehicle as motorcycle still as well.

Depending on how broad (say, any vehicle generally in the same shape and with the Vespa's characteristic open center section) or narrow (only those which appear to be at most aesthetically customized variations of true Vespa scooters) of a definition we use for them, I've found as many as 19 more of them currently only tagged as motorcycles.
Is there a tag to list all parents?
Unfortunately not. I've wanted that countless times...
If you mean the parents of any child posts, that'd be a programmer thing, since it's best done with a meta tag
well thats sad..
i wanted every child and parents posts.
thanks
I'm just curious. Only admins can accept or decline tag aliases and implications right? So in other words only alaron can accept/decline them?

I'm just wondering how often you go over them? For me it looks most of the time just the same or the list just continue growing.

edit: Oh what does the red border or what you call it mean?
Might be a little late, but aye on footjob and nay for rooftop
FoliFF said:
edit: Oh what does the red border or what you call it mean?
Flagged for deletion, isn't it?
I doubt it? I mean the red border or perhaps list is a better term in the alias and implication list section? I guess it are those that have yet to be checked or something.
Are you talking about the red here? http://puu.sh/c5Kaj/28ea616454.png If so it means those haven't been approved yet.
Mods can approve or decline them too, not just admins, but we usually leave it to alaron (I've seen Zolxys deal with them sometimes too though).
Just raising the question on the spelling of Gon's and Killua's family names. Not too sure about Gon's, but I think Zoldyck looks a tad nicer than zoaldyeck.

Then again, I don't know if Togashi's ever released their names in alphabet spelling.