chelmyaso said:
advanced search dont work

"No input file specified."
http://libs.hanyuu.net/sh.php
Should be fixed now.
Did the DB get reverted or something? My RSS feed is giving me listing for posts that apparently don't exist yet. That is, the ID number is ahead of the current set.

I thought the posts got destroyed, but the ID numbers are different. 117394 is the last one in my RSS and 117382 is the last post on the Index as of this writing.

So I'm guessing something happened about 5 hours ago from this post time?
Lagging And takes about 2 more mintutes to load a page, And Whenever I try to upload Something, I get a 503, I Waited about an hour, But Still gives the same result.

Edit: The thumbnails won't show either, Picture Here
Shuugo told me we have a drive failing, the SSD. The SSD is where all the numbnails are held and served from, last I recall, so that might be it.

That might also have something to do with the apparent data lost I mentioned earlier, but the SSD shouldn't contain any permanent DB data.

We'll have to wait until wakes up. I've been experience major lag and 503's myself as well since the server move. I bugged Shuugo about it, but there's only so much he can do at any one time.
I See, So Basically Theres something Wrong with The SSD? Well, i Don't want to be a burden and complain, I Just wanted to note this, Also, -Bit off topic..probably- I Heard the server is in the USA now?
Yes. The server move was to a US-based server.

As for the SSD, it's close to 2-years old. I don't know what the workload was on it, but if it's been VERY high, an SSD (especially a small one) from 2 years ago won't last very long. I don't have the specs of the drive, but I've been keeping up with SSD tech since Intel spit out their line of drives, so I',m pretty aware of the shortcomings of SSD tech, especially in older designs. It's quite technical, so I won't bore you.

From what Shuugo is telling me, the drive is physically failing. I don't know if it's just it going bad due to chance or it's actually reaching it's end of useful life (due to how Flash Memory works inherently.)
Omega lag continues, but uploading works.
Tensa said:
Omega lag continues, but uploading works.
Let me know if it's laggy now
5 minutes ago? Yes. Just a few seconds ago it was still lagging hard.
Now it's fine.
Tensa said:
5 minutes ago? Yes. Just a few seconds ago it was still lagging hard.
Now it's fine.
I have changed some parameters on the web server and the firewall.
Monitoring for a while before this is permanent.
Probably because of the current problem it's not working. Anyway there are thumbnails fails to load. Noticed this when I searched through diffrent tags.
Yes, the thumbs are failing...Again. Thumbs are being regenerated once more.

Something got glitched recently. It may have been something to do with the ISP accessing the server to pull the old SSD, not sure.

The server move is bumpier than we would've like (that's an understatement), so please bare with us while we (uh, Shuugo) works out the kinks.

Please report anything that seems out of the ordinary as soon as you can for the time being. Uploads were disabled recently and no one reported it. Shuugo didn't know about it until I asked him if the RSS Feed was dead because it hadn't updated at all for half a day. Obviously, the feed won't update if there nothing to update.

We (Shuugo) can't fix stuff if the problem isn't known.
Yeah was about to say there are problems with the upload. Other things... may be when you are looking for similar post? Could only be me but sometimes when I try to search for an image it fails to "search". Though after some work it will find if there are similar post or not.
It will take a while until it's fixed again. All the thumbs got lost again. Somehow the old SSD was mounted and corrupted everything again.

Give it a couple hours.
We also have an on/off issue with site lag. This usually ends up with 503's and making other things on the site seem broken.

I think the plan for now is get the site back to normal as much as possible and work out the stability issues. Once that happens, the rest of the site troubles should subside. Teething problems with the site.

We also inadvertantly inherited the physical server Imouto was previously running on (which explains the dying SSD: they had the the DB stored on it and it wasn't a server-grade SSD >_< ).

Hopefully things will get sorted out relatively soon...
Working great for me, Still takes a while to go to a page, But so far, I can upload again, The Thumbnails are back, And everything else is good for me.
How can I fix the favorite button in chrome? (the like star, I can't add to favorite) PD: I know, I can't speak english :P
C22 said:
How can I fix the favorite button in chrome? (the like star, I can't add to favorite) PD: I know, I can't speak english :P
For now use the keyboard:

1 Stars, E + 1
2 Stars, E + 2
3 Stars, E + 3
The image search for files off Danbooru keeps timing out for me. Images off oreno've been working fine, so it might be something with Danbooru. (I posted this same thing earlier, but when I tried the search with a Danbooru pic immediately after posting, it worked, so I deleted the comment. Now it's doing the same "time out" thing.)
You mean via using the Find Similar feature?

That's handled by a completely different system from us, IQDB. It's a thrid-party-developed engine used by several websites. It culls info from the participating sites to build it's DB and results.

If you're having issue with just one site using this feature, it's usually a problem with the site in question. If IQDB is actually having problems, it would affect all search results, not just the ones from a single site.

Konachan (Shuugo) used to have the IQDB system hosted on the same physical server as Konachan itself. However, due to resource issues discovered during the previous server move (and all the attempts to optimize the site), IQDB was transferred to Imouto. They have a MUCH beefier server than we do.

I suggest you browse Danbooru directly. I'm pretty sure you'll find Dan instelf to be having problems. Otherwise, we can't do much since we no longer have physical custody of the IQBD system. (At most, the main IQBD URL still uses one of Shuugo's sub-domains.)

EDIT:
And I find that imouto (and therefore IQDB) is down right after I posted this ^_^;
The Sacred and Holy Gate of the The Winding is giving me a 502:Bad Gateway.
Davis_500 said:
The Sacred and Holy Gate of the The Winding is giving me a 502:Bad Gateway.
It will be restored along the advanced search. Maybe for this weekend.
is the link dead? Well I can't acces it. It gives me 502 Bad Gateway.
Probably related to the other error Davis mentioned. Some things probably got SNAFU'ed during the server move. Those aren't inherit to running the site.

Shuugo will hopefully restore those at some point in the near future.
StahnAileron said:
Probably related to the other error Davis mentioned. Some things probably got SNAFU'ed during the server move. Those aren't inherit to running the site.

Shuugo will hopefully restore those at some point in the near future.
Both links works for me.
I've fixed it about 15 minutes ago.
Advanced search should be working again. (And mawin.org if anybody cares about that)
Shuugo said:
I've fixed it about 15 minutes ago.
Advanced search should be working again. (And mawin.org if anybody cares about that)
I have it in my bookmarks...I think I might make it my home page.
Sometimes, when I make a post it says no similar posts, so i post it. But then a page comes up saying that there is a similar post, why does it do that?
Because a similar (if not exact) copy of the image exists on the site. When you see that, you're supposed to confirm whether or not yours is significantly different enough to warrant keeping it. Otherwise, if a mod deletes it, we (well, I, at least) count it against you when determining image post history.

In other words: it's a feature to help prevent us from having multitudes of the same image for no apparent reason.
But on the upload page, it says "no similar posts" but then it turns out there are.