How do you anti alias a picture? I'm trying to anti alias this (have already cleaned and cropped though).
mattiasc02 said:
How do you anti alias a picture? I'm trying to anti alias this (have already cleaned and cropped though).
Try running it through waifu2x
Stealthbird97 said:
Try running it through waifu2x
That's what I do to clean the jpeg. But waifu2 doesn't fix the aliasing.

Here is my cropped/cleaned version (and don't get confused with scan cleaning. This is digital, so I only need to clean the artifacts.)
It's hard to say what to do without actually experimenting. I would try to blur it slightly, downscale to around 75%, waifu2x it by 2x, downscale result back to original size, and overlay that over the original image with "Darken only" blending option.

This may or may not reduce the aliasing. You will probably have to play around with the settings quite a bit to get a good result.
Dummy said:
It's hard to say what to do without actually experimenting. I would try to blur it slightly, downscale to around 75%, waifu2x it by 2x, downscale result back to original size, and overlay that over the original image with "Darken only" blending option.

This may or may not reduce the aliasing. You will probably have to play around with the settings quite a bit to get a good result.
I'll try it. After I finish my moms car and after I cook my delish salmon.

Thank you Dum Dum!
This is my final result. It's kinda blurry, and the aliasing is still kind of there.

I probably messed something up.
mattiasc02 said:
I'd recommend looking into FXAA or something with a sobel based blurring. How much time/effort are you willing to put in?
traz64 said:
I'd recommend looking into FXAA or something with a sobel based blurring. How much time/effort are you willing to put in?
I'm definitely interested. I've been digging into FXAA and different AA algorithms, but couldn't find anything useful for still images.

By sobel based blurring do you mean blurring constrained by sobel edge-detect?
Dummy said:
I'm definitely interested. I've been digging into FXAA and different AA algorithms, but couldn't find anything useful for still images.

By sobel based blurring do you mean blurring constrained by sobel edge-detect?
Basically FXAA isn't real AA and all it does is is blur edges based on the depth of the pixels in 3D space. We don't have depth so we need to use the edges.
I gave it a bit of a go this morning. Got ok results.
MATLAB source code, not optimized at all

Edit: The lines are a bit thick looking. I think I'll play around with it a bit more.
I just got back my SSD from my brother that could check if the drive was really dead or not. After his test it was clearly working only thing was left was it was the OS that went bonkers on me. So when I reconnected my SSD to my desktop and booted the computer up again I could see the SSD on the boot priority again and voila the windows logo came up and everything was it was before this entire ordeal...

orz

Seriously sometimes computer have their own life and just want to troll you...
FoliFF said:
spoiler
Random issues like these are usually because of loose cables or a dying PSU. Annoying to track down.
Oh well, never ending odyssee.
I recently made the mistake of installing the latest graphics driver from lenovo on my T60 running Win7. The laptop would boot up until win7 entered graphics mode and then the blue screen of death. I had to boot in safe mode and roll back the graphics driver.

Does that sound familiar? if you have a slot on the mother board, try installing another graphics card and making it the primary graphics in the bios setup. Once you get things up and running, you can try installing a different graphics driver for the on board graphics. I don't know if you can force the installation to install an alternate graphics driver from the get go. I did have WinXP64 running on and AMD processor with an on board S7 graphics. (Which is based on windows server - either 2000 or 2003, don't remember).
Charly said:
It looks like an issue with UEFI and a way too old Windows version (since you mention it doesn't have legacy support on BIOS), you can give it a try with a Server 2008 or newer if possible, since from that version onwards Microsoft implemented full UEFI support into Server OS's
Say, has anyone ever gotten Custom Maid 3D 2(NFSW) to work? All I got is a black screen, and when I try to follow the.... rather obtuse how to install vid, all I got is the Japanese version. None of the comments on the torrent page actually helped. o3o
Charly said:
The manufacturer provides a bios download for windows serverX64 2003 maybe try that?

Shaggy410 said:
It looks like an issue with UEFI and a way too old Windows version (since you mention it doesn't have legacy support on BIOS), you can give it a try with a Server 2008 or newer if possible, since from that version onwards Microsoft implemented full UEFI support into Server OS's
That would be a good solution if Charly already has a later version of MS Server. But if he does not and If he is only using the computer as a file server, he could also download Ubuntu, and have a current OS that is free.
Kiho said:
That would be a good solution if Charly already has a later version of MS Server. But if he does not and If he is only using the computer as a file server, he could also download Ubuntu, and have a current OS that is free.
Agreed, even though personally I'm more a fan of Fedora for those purposes xD

Again, if it has to be mandatory for it to be a Win installation, try with a newer version of the SO, otherwise you could use something like Linux (in whatever flavor you like) or a file server dedicated software like FreeNAS

Freenight said:
Say, has anyone ever gotten Custom Maid 3D 2(NFSW) to work? All I got is a black screen, and when I try to follow the.... rather obtuse how to install vid, all I got is the Japanese version. None of the comments on the torrent page actually helped. o3o
Not my proudest claim, but I have it working under W10 xD
Shaggy410 said:
Not my proudest claim, but I have it working under W10 xD
Grandmaster, teach me your secrets! (~O_O)~
Freenight said:
Grandmaster, teach me your secrets! (~O_O)~
xD

Sure I'll send you a PM, actually it was quite easy
Freenight said:
Check this, and if you still can't make it work, ask for help here.
So, T-Mobile's data logging and throttling don't work on a number of sites. Among these are:
For example, right now when I can't even stream a video on YouTube at 144p without it spending far more time buffering than playing, I can play the same video at 720p without interruption by accessing YouTube through ProxySite. Images on lolibooru and pexels load in a couple seconds where they would take minutes on other sites.

However, a web proxy isn't a suitable solution. I've tried SafeVPN and Tor Browser, but neither of those helped. As far as I can tell, it only happens on https sites, but it doesn't happen on most of them.

Any ideas? If there's any way I can take advantage of this even for a while, I'd prefer that to spending $150/mo. for 4G.
You can try with PrivateInternetAccess or CyberGhost (the last one has a "demo" version which lets you use the full service on 3 hrs cycles, after that you have to reconnect the service manually, or used to have it, hasn't used it in quite a while n.n""), there was another VPN service I used, but forgot the name, will try to dive on the emails to find it lol
I just tried CyberGhost. Still no luck.
Are you getting throttled as a consequence of a data cap or just a crappy ISP blocking some sites and giving fast lanes to others?

Other option might be OpenVPN, or if you have a router capable of running DD-WRT or a PFSense box you can use a direct connection from the router to a VPN service, (for example PFSense has allows direct connection to PIA and OpenVPN)

EDIT: Also in case you need it, the PIA refund policy allows you to get your money back if you don't like the service up to a week after you contract it
Shaggy410 said:
Are you getting throttled as a consequence of a data cap?
Yes, as a consequence of a data cap. I'm not supposed to have decent speed for anything, but on some sites, my speed isn't throttled and my data usage isn't recorded.

Stealthbird97 said:
If you need a VPN service.
I haven't found a single VPN yet that works with this exploit, but I'll keep trying any with free trials.
Hmm the only things that I can think atm are using something like TorGuard or (even though I hate it lol) HotspotShield, or running OpenVPN, if OpenVPN on it self doesn't work, you can modify the .ovpn file to make all TCP traffic go through port 443, not ideal, but might work
I tried HotspotShield without success. I haven't looked into OpenVPN yet but...

It turns out all the sites I can access unthrottled are using CloudFlare. I'm starting to look into any alternatives using CloudFlare but I'd appreciate any input anyone has.

*Edit: Though due to the nature of CloudFlare, I may find another web proxy but I doubt I'll find a suitable solution for regular use.
Give OpenVPN a shot, also I know it might not be it or you might have already changed them, but are you using the default DNS provided by ISP?

Also I'm not surprised that sites based on CloudFlare are the fastest loading due to their huge and worldwide cache

As a desperate measure, have you tried using bananaproxy.eu? Used it to access some sites while under university network and worked quite fine ._.
Shaggy410 said:
Also I'm not surprised that sites based on CloudFlare are the fastest loading due to their huge and worldwide cache
I'm sure there's more to it than that. The data I download from those sites isn't even recorded on my.t-mobile.com (it doesn't use up my allotted data). And no matter how fast a network of servers is supposed to be, nothing would normally download 72 times faster than your ISP's connection allows. I'm supposed to be limited to 128Kb/s right now and I'm downloading at over 9 Mb/s.

This is clearly a bug, but it's looking less and less likely that I'll be able to exploit it any better than I already am.

I'll try OpenVPN though.

*Edit
bananaproxy.eu does use CloudFlare so it does work, but it works no better than proxysite.com does. A web proxy isn't the answer.

*Edit2
OpenVPN is only VPN client and server software, right? Meaning, in order to use it, I need either a VPN server to access or a remote server of my own with a good connection to install it on. I don't happen to have one right now.