If you get any weird errors, please report to this thread:

Time
Kind of error
Where happened and what you were trying to do.

Thanks.
413 Request Entity Too Large.

uploading.
opai said:
413 Request Entity Too Large.

uploading.
Do you have the file or source?
I've tried several different images (dimensions "1900x1200+" and size wise" 2mbs+") since, it remains the same.

hum let's try a random image from moe
http://moe.imouto.org/post/show/145190/amakura-ass-breasts-erect_nipples-mikage_-toppara-
Seems like it's working now. The large images take a while to appear though.
I'll try fix that later.
Update: The image was successful. So maybe the time frame was about a 12 hour spread. 12 noon - 12 midnight (PST) for me at least. I"ll try a few other images and see what happens.
If 413 appeared again then it's intermittent. They were occurring just before Shuugo's post but stopped soon after.
No, I changed something in the configuration to fix it.
I bumped the limit that can be uploaded through POST.
Shuugo said:
Seems like it's working now. The large images take a while to appear though.
I'll try fix that later.
Hopefully is fixed now. It should be also faster everything.
DEAR GOD, please put in a download link for ALL the pics on konachan. I've started to download them, one at a time, but i'm only at like 20,000. PLEASE i beg of you.
DEAR GOD,
use torrent http://konachan.com/forum/show/1020
(oh, and there was script on bash)
@naikoto i could kiss you.
Cans we get a "Top" button? For some of the longer threads, it would be a nice thing to have.
Cuda007 said:
Cans we get a "Top" button? For some of the longer threads, it would be a nice thing to have.
Sure that's easy to do. I'll add it to my to-do list.
Can you add share button, like share to Facebook or twitter...

Cause some pictures I wanna to share with others!
That use to be here, but was taken off. I forget why tho.
forum #1939

Edit: Thanks Stahn.
Grammatically I don't think it should be there...^_^;
Cuda007 said:
That use to be here, but was taken off. I forget why tho.
forum #1939

Edit: Thanks Stahn.
They were adding popups to the site.
I'll look into it again maybe.
Right... Shuugo can you add the 1080 Height at the Advanced Search engine?
Hmm, one problem is large images. I don't really care as I have fast connection as well as fast CPU and RAM so handling large images is not a problem. But sites like Dan, Moe and such usually re-size the main image and have download Large Version and Download Larges version. Think in the way what Flickr dose. It dose not put in the full 5 MB pic, but puts in a thumbnail instead and gives you the option of downloading it in different formats instead.

And one more thing, It would be a much better idea to use Flash Up-loader rather then static form up-loader. Flash handles files much quicker and is also very quick in scaling them.

Mod: Avatar changed. You can't use the same one as an Admin or Mod.
Dan, Moe and such usually re-size
konachan works on moe/danb engine. check your profile setting for "Show Image Samples" checkbox
flash Up-loader
no. flash is bad. maybe as an alternative option. and posts are resized on server
Flash is not a good uploader choice. Looks flashy, but is subject to version incompatibility.
They also need you to buy a Adobe Flash to make them. And the actual writer programs for Flash and Shockwave cost a small fortune.
I suggested Flash as just a simple suggestion. I personally use plain Python on my server and Python PIL module to do all of the work of scaling, resizing and such. Flash has its pluses and has its minuses. I don't like Flash just because it requires to be re-written upon new AS version coming out, like before AS1, AS2 and now we have AS3.

A, for the small fortune part... I got mine from a friend since he had no use for his CS4 series Web Design bundle. Since he usually just gets a new version.. So I am ok with that part.

However it would still be nice to have a AJAX unloader showing how much of the file has been uploaded. ^^... There is such uploaded on Source Forge its a PERL unloader truth. Never liked PERL, my personal servers run Python and Rails...

And sorry for the avatar part lol, never knew such rules existed... ^^
Au said:
And sorry for the avatar part lol, never knew such rules existed... ^^
It's a unwritten rule, it's a failsafe so mods/admin don't punish the wrong person, and users don't mix up the mods and normal users.
Python >_>, I use that 'shit' on my phone, well it's not really shit. But since I ain't a developer or some experienced user, it's like WUT to me.
But python, like the name and the animal, is awesomesauce, sometimes, I think.

Cuda007 said:
It's a unwritten rule, it's a failsafe so mods/admin don't punish the wrong person, and users don't mix up the mods and normal users.
Or mix up normal and normal users xD.
AJAX unloader showing how much of the file has been uploaded
which makes many connections to check status and stresses server, not mentioning it requires nginx recompilation.
naikoto said:
which makes many connections to check status and stresses server, not mentioning it requires nginx recompilation.
Hmm, I am not sure where you getting this I have a Apache server running with Python Mod, I do have an AJAX up loader that displays, file size, bytes transfered, transfer speed, time remaining and others. Nginx is same thing as Apache, in some way bit different.

I know what I am talking about, as I ran servers before. Also AJAX has a load on a server, however it can keep session live until the process has finished. If its only one script running that uses AJAX its not such a major load as having hundreds of AJAX scripts running in the same time.
Au said:
Hmm, I am not sure where you getting this I have a Apache server running with Python Mod, I do have an AJAX up loader that displays, file size, bytes transfered, transfer speed, time remaining and others. Nginx is same thing as Apache, in some way bit different.

I know what I am talking about, as I ran servers before. Also AJAX has a load on a server, however it can keep session live until the process has finished. If its only one script running that uses AJAX its not such a major load as having hundreds of AJAX scripts running in the same time.
You probably didn't run ruby though.
Keeping a ruby process busy for updating the status of an upload is a complete waste and potential slowness to other visitors or even yourself.
I'm not sure if you can deploy what you are asking without hooking up a ruby process, unlikely.
lol, sorry I forgot that Dan type image boards run using Ruby. I use Gel, which is ran by PHP ^^. I am not a large fan or Ruby and Perl, Perl gets very hard to write when you are constructing large applications and multiple functions. Ruby, never tried it... I prefer to use Python, which seems to be most stable, powerful and easy to manage scripting language.
I have a Apache server
imho, apache will be squashed by all kona visitors. it's good for multi-site hostings, mod_php and cgi applications. and here we have single ruby application and lots of static images.
Nginx is same thing as Apache
well, they're both web servers :)
but no forking, no .htaccess, no cgi and no loadable modules. it's for static content and reverse proxying.
I'm not sure if you can deploy
there is module for nginx. not sure about passenger compatibility, probably not.
http://wiki.nginx.org/NginxHttpUploadProgressModule

UPD: while writing i've remembered: Shuugo, please disable speed limit for javascript/css (or problems on my side?)
Number of inline elements: 17 (635,151 bytes)