StahnAileron said:
Post count column in the Artists area?

BTW, why is there only nine pages (25/page) of artists in the artist section...And over 40 pages (50/page) in the tag section? That's about a 10-fold discrepancy in artist count...

And many of the Artists listed in the Artist section are empty/blank.

How exactly is the artist system handled by Konachan? Doesn't seem to be a common dataset nor any data linking between the two (Tag vs Artist List).
Not every artist has a wiki page created afaik that should be normal?
Still...Even without a wiki page, I should at least see post samplings in the pseudo-wiki entry, shouldn't I?

Compare:

versus

Normally if a term doesn't have a wiki entry made, the wiki still at least does a post search to present you with samples in the wiki, entry existence notwithstanding.
StahnAileron said:
Still...Even without a wiki page, I should at least see post samplings in the pseudo-wiki entry, shouldn't I?

Compare:

versus

Normally if a term doesn't have a wiki entry made, the wiki still at least does a post search to present you with samples in the wiki, entry existence notwithstanding.
There are no posts of afterimage_robin so there isn't much to show.
So it's just a dead wiki entry.
The Artist area just needs some cleaning and maintenance like getting rid of the "jjj14" post, none of his have anything in them, but the site faq wiki needs to be finished first really.
StahnAileron said:
It just what...? You, me, Sci, and Tensa really.
Maybe you all spend so much time here that no one else has a chance to do anything ;D

There are more active users now then when i joined. Don't feel like i have much to do now (wiki edits aren't really my thing..).
As I side note I'm more maintenance than dev, but it's just server maintenance, nothing that can be done from the web interface D:

In the coming months I want to finish a few dev projects though, hopefully I have time and the tools needed.
Well, the more you get done, Shuugo, the better for all of us. You're the back-end of Konachan. (Damn IT-speak.) Anything of interest you're brewing up?

rargy: damn...I keep thinking you're a mod for some reason (even though I know where you name falls in the "staff" listing Cuda put together for me.) But yeah...Seeing as how your membership here is about as old as Konchan's existence itself, I can see that. actually klinda surprised you don'e have more record entries for your account, other than the donator entries by Shuugo.

Cuda007 said:
...but the site faq wiki needs to be finished first really.
Uh well...Yeah...I suppose. I might be on it more now: finally have a work spot/desk now. The friend I've been rooming with got accept to MIT Sloan to pursue hit MBA, so he let me used his old desk area when he moved out. I can actually sit and type normally now!

Though I'd like to get a new mouse and monitor. I got long skinny fingers, so I kinda have to half-claw the mouse I have currently...Monitor's got a glossy glass surface (Dell touchscreen) and it's annoying the hell out of me (on hotter days I get eyestrain very easily from the glare and heat. Can only read and type for short stints at a time.)

BTW, has anyone else been reviewing the Wiki as I announce need content to it? I still want feedback on it to make sure it conforms to Konachan's needs and policies. Don't wanna pass out bogus info and all. I know Cuda's been actively helping me.
Do we actually have some kind of RSS feed url?
For new image posts? Yeah, though it's technically an Atom feed, not that it really matters. It's not in a very conspicuous location though...

I'm also trying to convince Shuugo to add a feed for Comments at least (maybe the Forum too, in per thread instances), for those of us to live and breath this community. ^_^;
Aah yeah, that's what I meant.
Though I was indeed kinda hoping for one featuring the Comments, or the Forums indeed.
A well, I dumped the Guild Wars 2 feed in the reader. I guess it will all get a bit messy if I add more to my rainmeter.
Man...I feel like a dork: I feel like I know why more about Konachan than would be healthy for someone not on staff ^_^;

Oh well. Bad habit of mine to learn the ins and outs of something I have a heavy and vested interest in.
I know why more about Konachan
question, once asked by Shuugo: previous domain name of site :3
Didn't it have someting to do with Higurashi:

• Sub-domain for images is Hanyuu
  • Old admin-level "Anonymous" bot account is named Oyashiro-sama
  • Default avatar is a Higurashi char (forget her name off-hand at the moment.)
Ah...Found it: forum #2564?
StahnAileron said:
  • Default avatar is a Higurashi char (forget her name off-hand at the moment.)
furude_rika, a mirrored version of post #55505 to be exact.

I've been thinking about vectoring one of the AB! NPCs to replace her. It's too cruel to have her associated with 10+ deleted comments a day.

Someone mentioned Higurashi! *goes to get Rena's hooked cleaver*
Listening to: Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni (Full) - Eiko Shimamiya - Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni
hinamizawa.org, times of shimmie and absence of moderators.
there was moonspeak bbs in .jp also.
naikoto said:
hinamizawa.org, times of shimmie and absence of moderators.
there was moonspeak bbs in .jp also.
If I kept using Shimmie, I would be using a Quad-Xeon with 32GB of RAM by now, it was a resource eater.
I remember when I moved the code it used about a 10% of what Shimmie used.
Meh, I've been mailing with a bit in Konachan, but I notice there isn't any delete button.

I've got 3 pages of mails, and I'd like to delete some >_>..
I have 25 and I think Cuda has like 2x lol.

Why so bothered anyway? Is not like they are taking plenty of physical space, unless you are using the mail for smuggling and you fear to be found out D:
O noes, I just like to keep everything tidy and such.
I make maps and such in my normal mail, so this is frustrating for me xD.

O yeah, I am smuggling lolis across Konachans mail network.
Nobody minds right xD? O noo the fear, they found out!
Artwork said:
O noes, I just like to keep everything tidy and such.
I make maps and such in my normal mail, so this is frustrating for me xD.

O yeah, I am smuggling lolis across Konachans mail network.
Nobody minds right xD? O noo the fear, they found out!
Posting it to wikileaks, brb
Hanyuu can read all your PMs.
Even more fear!
Quick lolis hide!
Anyone else having problems accessing the Comments area? I and at least one other person are getting the Chibi Kanade Error page on access...
I've not been able to get it since about 12:30 UTC.
Shuugo hasn't responded to the IM I sent nearly an hour ago.
Gah...I wanted to comment on a couple of recent posts too...(They look like upscales...They've been approved already. One has a much sharper original here on Kona already. Others I didn't get a hit with Find Similar.)
If you mean 81028, 81029, 81030, they would have been caught by someone on imouto by now.
I just flagged 81030 with a reason. I won't bother with the other two until I come across the originals.

They're giveaways just looking at how...unfocused they look. The odd-ball resolutions reinforces the fact (1440x1080 is not a typical 4:3 res, unless you're dealing with BD releases of much older material. And 1440x960 is not typical 3:2 res...Though 3:2 is rare to begin with. Anyway, 1440 is a very common width res...)

EDIT: Regarding Comment area glitch -

Seems to be working again, but as of this writing, page 2 is erroring...Is there a post or comment somewhere in there that's breaking JUST the page it appears on? Any other page seems okay...
Comment area should be fixed.

I'll keep an eye to see if it happens again.
Would a "Flag User" or "Report User" link for upper level users be useful? (Like Contributor...I'm guessing if you earned Contributor-status, you're trustworthy and are fairly active enough on the site to make the feature useful.)

I ask since I tend to be on the site a lot and catch idiots but can't do anything directly...And I hate having to use the Comment area as a reporting area. (Hate it because it's public, but use it because any Mod can see it.)

I'd use Dmail, but I don't want to burden a single person each time I need/want to report someone. (Since only one person could see the Dmail, rather than any Mod or the Admin. Plus you never know when one particular person might be on at any point.)

I dunno how useful it would be...I suggested a high level status as a requirement to reduce possible abuse...But it also limits to a degree the number of additonal "eyes" depending on how many of the upper level users are active (we're a relatively small group...Though fairly active as a whole...) Also, the mods tend to be fairly active and thorough in site patrol...

It's just something similar to flagging a post or comment for deletion: Click link, type reason, submit, leave it to Mods/Admin. Though if we open it to everyone, it'll be easy to ban idiots who abuse it since they'd be reporting themselves, in a sense...^_^ But that'd be another burden on the Mods/Admin in addition to the stuff on thjeir plate already. Keeping it to a trustworthy group would keep the ratio of legit:bogus reports high.

Any opinions?
I believe the "block users" option is used quite often by the mods for various reasons. There are probably tons of new accounts created everyday. Flag an user and they can just create another account.