otaku_emmy said:
i had a romantic dream about mc chris (look 'em up) and then i woke up depressed
And a few weeks ago I had a dream where I was cuddled up on a couch watching TV with who was apparently a cross between Saginomiya_Isumi and Senjougahara_Hitagi/Kirishima_Shouko. Isumi's sweetness with Hitagi's/Shouko's clinginess and older/more mature char designs. (Though supposedly Hitagi does a personality switch in the later stories.) She even tried to cover my eyes while giggling when something she didn't want me to see on the TV popped up. (Not quite sure, but I think it was something fanservice-y.)

Suffice to say the above won't ever happen to me... >_< I didn't want to wake up from that dream for a while.
Xavier said:
Had another of my violent dreams last night.
Except this time I was in the ctf_2fort map from TF2.
I guess I've been playing that too much...
P.S. I survived this time.
Have you ever had one while awake? (It's a strange question I know)
ok. i literally had another dream about mc chris again. this one was A LOT more fantastical though (or bizarre). i have a few weird crushes on people associated with [adult swim].....(mc chris is awesome though).
Had a really awesome dream last night, one I was fortunate enough to remember.

It starts out, in the Dragonball Z universe, and I'm floating fairly high up in the air, when all of a sudden, Freeza appears just a bit below me, folding his arms and looking out before him. A quick glance at Goku and a young Gohan, hearing something about all the most powerful foes they have faught are coming back. I looked back Freeze and charged at him. He was not expecting it, and just as he unfolded his arms, I sent a punch into his abdomen, so powerfult hat he exploded, like the the DBZ movie Fusion Reborn. Next up, was Cell, we was behind me, looking ahead at Goku and Gohan with his arms to his side, as if he were ready to attack. He seemed very confident in himself, but I had other plans. I charged at is side, grabbing his arm, I swung him around several times and hurled him into the ground, where I soon dropped down on him with my foot, creating a large crator. As soon as I livate back into the sky, I look off into the distance sky, where Majin Buu (fat one), comes flying in towards me. We lock hands to prevent us from getting hit. We start to bring up our knees, much like in the fight with Goku and Vegeta when Vegeta was under Babidi's control. He pulled his hand back and through it forward, and I caught it with my other hand. He tossed his other fist at me and I caught, so now, our arms were crossed. I grinned at him, the fight was alot of fun, but he just held a look of frustration. To my left, Cell was coming back in for an attack, I looked at him, then back at Buu. I released his hand and we both charged an attack with one hand, while still locked with our other. I let out a battle cry as I starred into Buu's eyes, then shot out a kamehame wave at Cell, Buu did the same, and the attack obliterated Cell.

Unfortunately, the dream ends there. But hell, I'm sure I took care of Buu, and I didn't even go Super Saiyan, which would've been sweet. Oh well.
Had two concurrent dreams:
1. Was at my grandmother's beach house but the ocean levels were high to flood proportions. There was a lot of snow on the ground also and had to walk back barefoot.

Global warming apocalypse?

2. It was night in my room and my father and younger brother were with me watching TV. Saw shooting stars out the window and tried to get my Dad to see, but as he rolled on my bed he threw out his back and the stars had already passed. Looked out the window to see where the stars fell and saw a bright light explosion off the corner of the horizon. The flash as well as intense heat radiated to my house, and then I woke up.

Nuclear war apocalypse?
(I blame Yakkety for putting ideas of a zombie invasion in my head)
^^ Hey >.>

Well, now that we have this global discussion about the so called ''zombie attacks'', I do think that many people will have dreams about it...

My dreams? Meh, I've had MANY dreams about a possible (zombie) apocalypse, and thanks to my dreams I know what to do in most circumstances, you see, when I dream, I try to dream as realistically as possible, I try to mimic what I would do IRL into my dreams, and vice-versa...
similar situation here.
I have a Leaving Certificate to ace.
Won't be on for about two whole weeks.
B'-{
*sob*
I felt that the alarm clock was about to sound and woke up, no idea if that counts as a dream. I have that very regularly actually, even in irregular sleep patterns, as long as I alreaded actively decided on when to wake up. Doesn't work when drinking either. But anyway I checked it and I had one minute left, just like all the times before that with the only variation being about 1~10 minutes. Kinda creepy "biological clock" xD (pardon the pun)

EDIT: Great... I didn't dream anything but fell in and out of sleep like 50 times. I went to bed really early and now I can't sleep anymore. Only had 4 hours of sleep and feel well rested. Guess I'll just finish as much work as I can now before I get tired again.
I had a dream this morning in which Gerard Butler and I were cleaning a bathroom.
otaku_emmy said:
I had a dream this morning in which Gerard Butler and I were cleaning a bathroom.
Perhaps your dream predicts the future?
HA! I wish. Gerard Butler can be a good looking man.

THIS morning I had a dream that some kind of zombie-like epidemic had spread, but I was immune to it so I was in charge of everyone else. Then I chose some guy to be co-leader. There was a body of water too...
otaku_emmy said:
There was a body of water too...
Please do tell?
otaku_emmy said:
Agos said:
Perhaps your dream predicts the future?
otaku_emmy said:
HA! I wish. Gerard Butler can be a good looking man.
I was actually implying that he would lose his job and become a janitor, allowing an average person such as yourself to meet him in a similar profession.
@Agos: Dunno. It's not likely.

@mnessie: I can't remember much about the water. We were on a concrete pier, almost just like a sidewalk. I think we were waiting on a boat. The water was very dark and choppy.
Brace yourselves, 3 dreams incoming, all occurred just last night.

Dream One
That ends dream one, and I do remember waking up from this one after the fight, sweating pretty heavily.

Dream Two
That ends dream two.

Dream Three

I wonder what happened to the girls, especially the one that hugged me, though on that note, it made me think a little what having a daughter would be like. I do not want kids, but that dream kinda changed my thinking on it a bit.
Ah well, I think this is my longest post on any website ever! ^_^
Black_Rock_Shooter said:
BEHOLD! THE GREAT WALL OF KONACHAN!!
Hey Stahn, i think he's challenging you! X3
*shrug* It'd be nice if he formatted it for easier reading though. Paragraphs exist for a reason, after all. I'd do it for him, but *meh* He should've at least put each dream under different spoilers.
He thinks it may be his longest post ever and yet he dosen't add spoilers... i don't get it -3- oh well, i guess it's no big deal. I'll read it some other time though, it's just... too much x_x
Black_Rock_Shooter said:
I wonder what happened to the girls, especially the one that hugged me, though on that note, it made me think a little what having a daughter would be like. I do not want kids, but that dream kinda changed my thinking on it a bit.
Ah well, I think this is my longest post on any website ever! ^_^
Damn it! Why do you get all of the cool dreams!?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, any one of your dreams could be made into an anime.
Agos said:
Damn it! Why do you get all of the cool dreams!?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, any one of your dreams could be made into an anime.
I can't remember the last time i had a dream... and you're right, anyone of these dreams would make a good anime series ^w^
ecchifan96 said:
I can't remember the last time i had a dream...
I guess I'm not the only one then. I kind of miss it , and yet I kind of don't. I don't know , it's a bit confusing sometimes. But it never was anything like the great wall of kona, back then when I became aware of the fact I'm dreaming (being able to remember parts, not lucid dreaming) I'm close to waking up. I had a lucid dream once and for that one little part of a minute the world was perfect for me ^_^
StahnAileron said:
*shrug* It'd be nice if he formatted it for easier reading though.... He should've at least put each dream under different spoilers.
I had woken up a minute before, and I feared loosing the dream I moved quickly, I'll fix it.

And yeah it's a bit long, probably could've been more detailed, but I was rushed to not forget if that makes since, but I am a writer, so it's not like it was difficult, I've just never typed so much on anything on the web.

EDIT: Cleaned it up a bit, hope it's easier to read and much nicer looking in the thread. :D
a little more detailed you say, huh?
that was more detail than fits in my head...
It is more detail than fits in your head for a medium that is meant for fast consumption.

My biggest worry with the internet generation is that we are raising ourselves into a culture of "TL;DR". Either the information we desire to share/acquire is concise and easily read in a minute or less, or we just don't have the time for it.

I hope people (in general) don't lose on the habit of reading and enjoying a good book. There is so much more you can convey through the written word if you are not limited to 140 characters.
that's not what I meant
(i have this fleeting feeling that you think me stupid)

I was in a hurry reading it and couldn't visualise all the explicit descriptions.
(LOL long words on purpose are fun)
Worry not Gregol, machines cannot be stupid. They can only have a stupid maker :D

Though, in all seriousness, I was not thinking you stupid. At the worst case I would have thought you have a short attention span (a common disease across most of the internet populace, mind you).

However, I do apologize, as I realize now (on hindsight) that writing:
It is more detail than fits in your head for a medium that is meant for fast consumption.
Sounds... slightly... smart-assery and demeaning :/ (I admit to having a problem with sounding cool, whenever I try it I unintentionally end up sounding smug instead x_x, I should stop trying).

I have to admit it's difficult to make time for a proper read when you are not expecting it. When I drop around these forums I usually have a minute off, no more. I too skipped BRS's post during my first glance. I just made a mental note of coming back to it later when I found some more time (which I did maybe 10 minutes later).

So yeah... either by choice or circumstance, the internet is sort of becoming a place for sound-bytes rather than content... o.O? But such talk would be off-topic. Quick, I need to recall the last dream I had...!

I can't remember. But I once had a dream in a world of anime... everything looked 2D-drawn, as if I was watching an anime! I bet most of you had this dream, too, right? How about the part where I met with a beautiful girl and we hung out and stuff? :3 Funny how I didn't think twice about the fact that it must have been weird to be cell-shaded and how everything looked 2D despite being 3D.
SK7000 said:
I can't remember. But I once had a dream in a world of anime... everything looked 2D-drawn, as if I was watching an anime! I bet most of you had this dream, too, right?
Uhm? I was actually surprised to even hear of such a concept as 2D elements in dreaming. I had some camera things like zooming and swapping to 3rd person view but nothing else really.

And about reading, I could not agree more. Reading is food for the mind, I think there's a book out there for everyone. I for one tried a bunch of books and gave up, but it turned out I can really enjoy classic literature drama and poetry. Particularly written in english is a big plus for me. I still find most books to be dull and long winded about nothing. It's all about finding the book that works for you. Reading in general should be promoted , but I can understand "too long didn't read" because most of the time people "speak" their words like I just did, when instead it could have been punched into one sentence when it words were written, observe:

"I feel the same as it adds to education and entertainment, just find the proper books and enjoy"
Mnessie said:
...but I can understand "too long didn't read" because most of the time people "speak" their words like I just did, when instead it could have been punched into one sentence when it words were written, observe:

"I feel the same as it adds to education and entertainment, just find the proper books and enjoy"
Technically, I can understand that. It should always be possible to summarize information and present it in a brief fashion. However, writing can also be an art to be enjoyed. You can eat your food because you are hungry and need it, but you can also take your time to flavour it because it tastes that good.

Could the "Lord of the Rings" series be shortened to a single book? Sure, the main plot ain't that long. But would it be an equally enjoyable experience? Perhaps, but the enjoyment you get out of a book that you can finish in one evening is probably not quite the same as the one you can obtain from an equally engaging series that spans six books.

For that same reason I am not interested in learning speed-reading, I like my books taking a few months to be done with.

Maybe you guys should try the experiment with anime. Do you think you will enjoy an anime series more if you go through a weekend marathon so that you see it all in one go? Or would watching one episode a day for a month or two add anything to it? (I prefer the later as I spend a lot more time thinking and digesting the content)

Sorry for going off-topic, though.... :/
Yeah, you guys are veering away from the point of this thread. I'm not picky about it, some of the things you guys are discussing is fairly interesting, but this isn't the thread for it.
I can't focus. Talking about A reminds me of B, which leads to C and makes me wonder if D ever happened. That's how I normally roll with casual discussions @_@

Hell, even my dreams are like that. I may be going downhill on a driverless car trying to take control, only to reach the bottom on a gang-styled motorcycle with a shotgun at hand. No... there's nothing weird there, it's perfectly normal. Specially when your companion keeps changing personalities from scene to scene (not to mention haircut, face, body and all else x_X).