I think I might actually be in love with Lord Dio. Like, I had a dream about him this morning, and I know he's a bastard but c'mon.
Hello? I would like some advice.

I am an anime hipster. I tend to shy away from things once they get popular. I'm a pompous asshole in that regard.

Having said that, should I watch Re:Zero? Is it worth it?
I recommend,

In April i hope to finish Legend of the Galactic Heroes

And catch up on some manga, especially Grand Blue and Kaguya-sama, Hinamatsuri, some others and maybe Yakusoku no Neverland, I stopped reading in chapter 142, some chapters after emma spoiler, the manga now is much less interesting compared to the beginning imo, I think it's normal, not that it's bad now.
Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki to watch on Mother's Day.

InuYasha Sequel will premiere in Fall 2020, now I watch the anime.

RyuZU said:
In April i hope to finish Legend of the Galactic Heroes
I stopped in episode 55.
RyuZU said:
InuYasha Sequel will premiere in Fall 2020, now I watch the anime.
I literally dropped Inuyasha when I heard the news. I was 89 episodes in, but with the way I watch anime and with the number I still have left to get through I just couldn't bring myself to care anymore. It's a great show though, and I hope the sequel will be just as good. If not better.

I also made the executive decision to not watch anything over 100 episodes from now on. Except maybe Gintama. But I won't get back around to that for a long, long time.

P.S. Hah. Some people are foaming out the mouth over the fact that Rin might be the mother of Sesshomaru's daughters.
Manga 'Shuumatsu no Harem' Receives TV Anime in 2021

Ohhh I can already see the outrage when this anime comes out, I started reading this manga in high school, but I stopped, the MC is a fucking cuck, 99% of women wanting to f**k with him and he does nothing, I think maybe I'll read again, as long it don't have netorare.

One controversial anime per year

• 2020 Ishuzoku Reviewers
  • 2021 Shuumatsu no Harem
  • 2022 Maybe Parallel Paradise?, here is my forecast for the future, 05/12/2020 23:01pm.
When I hear "Goblin"
It's controversial to say the least, but I did enjoy it. I say give it a try, if you're sick of it after episode 3, then quit. In my opinion, it's a series as worthy of hatred as it is love.
  • Dr. Stone I caught up, so far I'm enjoying it in the manga, it's fun.
  • Komi-san wa, Komyushou desu., this manga disappointed me, even more recently, the introduction of Manbagi in the chapter 131 was an omen, the manga was already good only with Komi trying to make friends and socialize and the focus of the romance was just Komi x Tadano, that's why I liked the manga, now it looks like this, if one of them does something with Tadano, the other has to do the same, that's annoying, it is not a competition, I am in chapter 241, I'll go to the end, 10 or 9 chapters to catch up.
  • One Punch-Man and Shingeki no Kyojin I don't know the number of chapters I stopped, OPM I stopped when Saitama enters the tournament with a wig posing as someone, AOT I stopped when they discover the origin of the titans.
And some others manga that I catch up.
Hello, I'm just passing here to say that the end of Yesterday wo Utatte is sucks, vlw flw at+.
Strike the Blood

spoiler

Finally Yakusoku no Neverland ended, thanks god, one day I finish reading, this manga is a lesson on how starts a manga but not how to finish one.
I watched the first two seasons of Tokyo Ghoul today.
I’m going lo leave the last two seasons for tomorrow (later today) since it is currently 03:03.

It being 02:13 the next day, I have to say that the last season is yet to be watched.
Finally started it.
The ones I got this season

> Watches Peter Grill to Kenja no Jikan, the girl gets NTR'd by the MC

> Then read Lust Geass, the girl gets NTR'd by the MC too

I finished Natsume Yuujinchou Roku, it took me 1 year to finish, as expected from an shoujo anime, but I liked the anime in the end, I won't see another shoujo so soon probably.

Tokyo ghoul just one season left for me to finish I think, but I don't like anime, I just watched it because friends recommended it.

Oregairu Zoku: Episode 11 Yukino and 8man (JUST DO IT!)
Kanojo, Okarishimasu

> the MC pays to have a date with a woman

How I hate this girl, the MC is pathetic, but I'm interested in the anime, just like Gleipnir, if I like the Anime I'll start read the manga, I just hope the MC develops and stops humiliating himself, I think it will be similar to Nisekoi

> a "fake" relationship
> the MC like someone else
> at some point they start to like each other
> marriage??
Finally Goblin Slayer: Goblin's Crown was translated, I can't wait to see rap*s I mean goblins dying, every single one of them, no exception, if they try to create some kind empathy it will be pathetic.

I'm looking for anime like

Preferably about murder or investigation or both.

After 40 minutes looking for something to watch I'll watch Shinrei Tantei Yakumo
I just finished watching Toji no Miko (aka Katana Maidens). It's a solid 7/10 for me. The art and CG is kinda wonky in places, but the fight scenes are cool and the story is good. It's got some light shoujo ai in it too, and that's pretty cute.
I plan to see this anime one day, just because there is Miko in the name.

Uzaki-chan vs Westerners, since I was expecting something like this and haven't seen any yet so I did it myself.

• Shiki: spoiler
  • Shinreigari: I was expecting something "dark", but I liked it.
  • Mokke: I don't know, spoiler
How long until the anime industry is reduced to the point where the only thing that matters is the character's sexuality, gender, color/ethnicity?, never I hope, I was thinking about it lately again, I think the manga industry will be even more difficult than anime to make it happen, in the manga industry, do not sell? C A N C E L E D/Discontinued, "if" get to that point I thought about stop watching anime, but if it happens I'll focus on the old ones and reading manga.
RyuZU said:
I plan to see this anime one day, just because there is Miko in the name.
I think it had a really refreshing take on the whole idea of miko and what miko do. Religion doesn't really play a huge part, but only because the concept of "demons" is real in this world. So instead of purifying them with gohei, they cut them down with special katana.
Reminds me Ga-Rei: Zero, I'll try to watch it this month, it also reminds me that I have to finish reading the manga, I forgot I had started.
Hibike Euphonium is really good. I mean last time I saw it was 4 years ago, but I remember really liking it.
mattiasc02 said:
Hibike Euphonium is really good. I mean last time I saw it was 4 years ago, but I remember really liking it.
Yeah, I watched it 5 years ago, I'm looking forward the season 3.

I forgot to say in the old post, recently I saw that will be released "Ougimonogatari", it brings hope of releasing a new Monogatari anime, Monogatari Series it's my favorites animes.

and I'll re-watch Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, I just don't know when exactly but still this year.

@mattiasc02, what is your favorite anime?, I always had this doubt.
I love Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso. It was recommended to me by my cousin.

An anime I reeaaally liked was Death Note. I remember enjoying it so much, I even. recommended it to my mom.

I also looooved yuru yuri. And I also like Haganai (was one of my firsts).

Gosh... hold on I'm tryna remember some titles that I really liked. But I gotta go eat dinner :p
mattiasc02 said:
I love Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso. It was recommended to me by my cousin.
It's one of my favorites, I recently saw the scene of Kaori in Kousei's room and it made me want to watch it again.

An anime I reeaaally liked was Death Note. I remember enjoying it so much, I even. recommended it to my mom.

I also looooved yuru yuri. And I also like Haganai (was one of my firsts).
I've watched them all, Death Note almost all my friends had seen it, I had to see it too.
Kanojo, Okarishimasu the MC says "I'm trash", yeah, we know, me watching ep 2~3 of this anime, I'm going to start catching up this season's anime, I started with this.

It's been a while since I really hated a character, this character is so pathetic that his girlfriend can cheat on him with 90 men in front of him and the world he will still stay and forgive her, or rather, he will apologize to her, the characters are Mami and Kazuya.
The premise of that show alone pisses me off. So much. Because you literally can rent partners and families in Japan to save face for other people n shit, and I think that's really fucking sad. Even worse that we have an anime now that's glorifying it and making it out like it's a good way to actually meet someone.

RyuZU said:
me
Very good.
otaku_emmy said:
Because you literally can rent partners and families in Japan
I think that's really fucking sad
Excuse me wtf, rent a girlfriend?, if someone does it in real life I also think it's pathetic, but I'm not against it, it's just pathetic, even family wtf.

Even worse that we have an anime now that's glorifying it and making it out like it's a good way to actually meet someone.
I wouldn't say glorifying, even if it is for me it's okay as a premise, and it doesn't show as a good way to find someone.

I'll watch until the introduction of the 3rd girl, if this shit doesn’t get better I'll drop for now, the character is too pathetic for me to continue, I committed a crime when comparing this anime to Nisekoi, in Nisekoi all the girls/characters are likable, the MC is not so pathetic, he is even part of yakuza.
RyuZU said:
Excuse me wtf, rent a girlfriend?, if someone does it in real life I also think it's pathetic, but I'm not against it, it's just pathetic, even family wtf.
Yes. I shit thee not. That's 100% something you can do, but they're only pretending. You can't have sex with them or touch them or anything. Many cases are gay men who rent a girlfriend when their parents or family are visiting.

There are scouting agencies who rent out women, men, and children to people looking to have fake families for a little while. YES. ACTUAL CHILDREN TOO. YOU CAN RENT A LITTLE GIRL TO PRETEND TO BE YOUR DAUGHTER. I AM NOT EVEN LYING.

It's sad because Japanese society pressures people in to those sorts of things. The conditions that led up to them renting human beings is the problem, not so much the renter. It's about appearances. Adults are expected to behave and live in a certain cookie-cutter way.

I wouldn't say glorifying, even if it is for me it's okay as a premise, and it doesn't show as a good way to find someone.
The fact that they're using it at all as a plot is....untenable to me. That's all.

See, cuz a lot of Westerners probably don't even know that's a real thing. I only know because I'm a nerd who's watched a lot of stuff about Japan IRL. Stuff that isn't flattering or fun.
In Goblin Slayer they used rape, but they do not glorify it, I mean, showing something doesn't necessarily mean glorifying, in this anime just created unnecessary problems for the MC to rent a girlfriend, because of this he lied to relatives and friends and now he have to solve this problem.

Even kids..., expect your kids to have a boyfriend/girlfriend, get married and have a family doesn't seem like a big deal, just do not force to have.
RyuZU said:
Even kids..., expect your kids to have a boyfriend/girlfriend, get married and have a family doesn't seem like a big deal, just do not force to have.
Of course. But what if someone doesn't want that? Or what if they just haven't done it at a young age? What if a woman is 30 and has her own career? Should she let her parents pressure her in to finding a husband, quitting her job, having kids, and becoming a household fixture? No sir! Should a young man who lives a happy life as a bachelor and isn't particularly worried about dating have to pretend to have a girlfriend just to please his nagging mother? I say no!

These pressures are present in many cultures and races, of course, but in Japan you're liable to be seen as a disgrace to your entire family if you don't go along with their wishes. If you don't do what they tell you to.

P.S. Sorry, this is hella off topic.