Can someone who's watched Wagnaria!!/Working!! explain to me whether or not Yamada-san came from an abusive/neglectful family?

Much appreciated.
otaku_emmy said:
Can someone who's watched Wagnaria!!/Working!! explain to me whether or not Yamada-san came from an abusive/neglectful family?

Much appreciated.
hmm, from a neglectful family I think, iirc she ran away from home, but I don't remember showing much about her family or the reason why she ran away, just her brother searching for her.
Yeah, her brother doesn't seem like a bad guy, but the way he talked about his (and Yamada's) mom sorta made it sound like she might be neglectful (either out all night or working all the time) or she might even have a substance abuse problem. Cuz he was sorta timid or embarrassed about talking about their home life, and he said something like, "She tries to raise us right." Just really defensive. And there was no mention of a father.

Since Souma helped her avoid her brother, and since he's supposed to know everything about everyone, I figured he mighta known something sus about Yamada's family and reason(s) for running away.

Anyway, I recently finished Endro~!. I actually didn't like it. It felt too cute and rather devoid of actual substance. Like cotton candy. I liked Mao-chan though.
Anne Happy Review
I never hesitate to drop a series I don't like. Though, that has backfired at times. There are at least a couple series I decided to check again later due to artwork of a character that I hadn't seen yet. And there were one or two of those that turned out to be really good.

The only example I can clearly place is Sora no Otoshimono. I dropped that in the middle of the horrible first episode. But I tried it again just to see Nymph.
I think the ONLY show I ever quit before I finished the FIRST episode was Show By Rock!!. I realized it was made for the sole purpose of trying to sell shit and I was like, "Nope." Which sucked because a lot of those characters are cute as frick.

I've quit 15 shows total, including a few I liked but couldn't stick with. I tend to stay away from triple digit series for that reason.

Since Anne Happy was a short series, and I was about halfway in to it before I realized I hated everyone, I just rode it out.
otaku_emmy said:
... about halfway in to it before I realized...
There is one I finished even though it had gone bad. However, the first 5 episodes were great! I couldn't rule out the possibility that it might redeem itself...
Recently I finished Gingitsune, it's a pity that the manga is on a hiatus, next week I plan to finish Aria the Origination/Avvenire.

Last month I started using AniDB, as a backup of MAL and to add all animes I have downloaded, since AniList started becoming politically correct, I lost interest in using it, I used to use it as backup of MAL too.
I recently completed Gosick, and it made me angry. I was super in to it at first but then it just went so far out in to left field that I ended up disappointed and confused. They couldn't even let Vic be her own powerful female lead in the end, which is kinda how she was being portrayed initially.

There was just so much stuff in it that didn't make sense to me. So many things I'd consider to be plot holes.

It wasn't bad, but definitely not what I was hoping it would be.

7/10
It did have some disappointing parts, but I thought the ending was far better than expected.

otaku_emmy said:
They couldn't even let Vic be her own powerful female lead in the end, which is kinda how she was being portrayed initially.
I'm not sure what you're referring to here. Her portrayal seemed consistent to me. Keep in mind that the knowledge she had was only that which she could read in that library or deduce herself. She never had a chance to learn any other languages (or at least not Japanese). And her lack of athletic ability was evident through the entire series.

*Edit
If you're talking about how she couldn't take control of the situation at times, leaving her at the mercy of others, I thought that was one of the things that made the series good. It's a refreshing change from stories where the character(s) are always able to deal with any situation that arises, no matter how lucky they have to be just to have a chance.

I also liked that it wasn't one of those "Everything goes back to normal" endings. It had a really nice, happy end.
Yeah. I was applying too much real-world logic to the show. That was my B. I was thinking too much about certain things, which you're infamously not supposed to do with anime. :p
Girls' Frontline will have a "big" anime I had already posted about this animation with chibis but it was a comedy with short episodes, it seems that this time it will be a complete anime, I hope it's not garbage as Azur Lane
It seems that the days I’m going to stop watching anime is getting closer and closer (maybe just the new releases), and it's exactly how I thought it would be, instead of targeting the japanese demographic, it will be the international, which means America ofc and which means sjw (pleonasm), and inevitably will lead to censorship, politically correct, no ecchi, no sexy/beautifuls female characters, and many other things, but it's something I already knew would happen.
anyway

I recently finished

• Ichigo 100%, I was already thinking that the anime takes place in 3 different timelines of so undecided the mc is, 6/10.
Now Miss Kobayashi's Dragon is problematic, why do all these people have pronouns in they bio? coincidence? I don't think so, it's easier to know who is retarded or not, Nagatoro wasn't even released and they're already complaining, what a boring world.
RyuZU said:
Now Miss Kobayashi's Dragon is problematic
I don't even wanna know.
First teaser of Girls Frontline anime, it looks pretty good but I will try not to have the hype so high to not be disappointed as with Azur Lane
Hey guys is the magic shop owner in Little Witch Academia supposed to look like Chumlee?
RyuZU said:
nico nico nii
I love shit like this. Restores a little faith in humanity.
RIP to Kentaro Miura, a legend. Guess we'll never know how Berserk ends now.
Finally watched the first season of Noragami today, I think I'll watch the second season tomorrow.

I have to say though,
God of War and all.

Manhwa has taken over some of my interests. There are so many good ones where the character is OP but also presents amazing plot, making it quite enjoyable to read. Unfortunately there are a lot of copy pastes, but even some of those can be quite good.
Having watched the second season I can safely say that they left way too many things unexplained. I can only hope a third season will be announced soon.
I finished watching Konohana Kitan today, and I did not see that ending coming. I don't know if it's because of my increased sensitivity, but this lil show made me cry at least three or four different times. There was a surprising number of twists in it. The last episode really blew my mind.

I liked all the lesbian stuff in it too. And it was incredibly well animated. It's a beautiful, sweet show that's surprisingly heartfelt for what you'd assume was just another CGDCT anime.
Just started watching Death Parade, seems like a nice show. Guess I'll try to finish it tomorrow.
So apparently AoT was neo Nazi propaganda the whole time?

Thankfully I never watched the show and thus avoided being forcefully duped into being a white supremacist by a fictional Japanese cartoon.

I know it's not nice, but I can't help but find the long, ranting posts about it hilarious.
otaku_emmy said:
So apparently AoT was neo Nazi propaganda the whole time?
Yes, how people realized only after 9/10 years of serialization?????????????????????, I already knew it from the beginning, I didn't just say to see how long it would take for people to realize, in the end it worked, thanks Isayama, all according to keikaku.