Great idea for a topic I dare say!

I find the lifespan of dreams part of it's beauty and trying to capture them is like taking a photograph of a painting and calling it art. Art is something on it's own so copying isn't going to capture it's true meaning.
Art,has the ability to show us beauty. Now I could ramble for hours about what beauty is but the short version would be that I agree with Oscar Wilde('s) (spelling?) views. You can't "define" beauty, you can't assign it as a property, you can not say 1+SQRT5/2 = beauty like math will have you believe. I also believe that dreams are just "information processing" in the brain, and I never looked at dreams as "valuable" or "needed" it's like one of those many processes your computer is running now you probably never even heard of but you do need or the whole system will come crashing down on you.

On a side note, I had a train of thought inspired by a Naruto episode (hold fire please :P) showing a conversation between deidara-さん and sasori-さま on art. My conclusion is that even though both have merits I'd say art is more of an explosion than resisting the test of time indeed.

Resisting the test of time is a beautiful purpose which I can relate to (don't ask (>^_^)>) but hardly art which is focussed solely on beauty and how to show that to everyone willing to see it for what it is. This is the reason that when I discuss dreams 99/100 they will be those of several hours of age at best because, since I don't find it useful to remember dreams or spend time wondering what it means, that also means I'm not trying to understand and define a dream which allows me to get closer to it's beauty. (Imagine trying to model the world as a scientist and having some guy come up and tell you it is or is not art, that'd be a nice discussion!)

I made an exception once though, it was a simple dream. 3rd person mid air, blue skies, flying around on warm day, no wings or planes required. A little common I know , but it's the only dream that got past the age of 1 year , and now 10 years even. That's because it was beautiful, and I may not know why but I do know it's worth remembering this one dream.