This topic is locked.

It's one of the things that can get annoying about Japanese releases. They charge quite a bit of money more than US DVD's and only put 2-3 episodes on them, unlike us who put from 3-4 episodes minimum to 6-7 episodes maximum.
Can't blame them though: they're the one dealing with the upfront costs of developing and producing the titles. Plus they rarely if ever consider developing with future overseas licensing and distro in mind.

Overseas licensors don't have the full production costs. They mostly deal with translation, maybe dubbing if they want, subbing, marketing (maybe) and distro. They don't have to deal as much with the development stage; the animation stage is damn near non-existent to them.
New Episode? http://www.animefushigi.com/angel-beats-special-episode-1

Shit better be answered! Will watch later today with BSlove.

Ohyea, epic 5 month bump!
Imagine my surprise when I saw this bumped up ^_^; LoL

Just finished viewing a poor encode of it from Mazui (seems an HD raw hasn't been released yet.) Not what I was expecting/hoping for at all. It's more like an un-aired ep than an extra ep. Oh well.
Cuda007 said:
New Episode? http://www.animefushigi.com/angel-beats-special-episode-1

Shit better be answered! Will watch later today with BSlove.

Ohyea, epic 5 month bump!
It's the episode 14 of the blu-ray. Quite bad considering they put the same price of the bluray as if it had 2 actual episodes.
I get why it might have been cut from the airing version.
Yurippe is more evil than usual and everything is just silly. It's like it was a spoof.
Kanade was cute; its only saving grace ^_^ Though she wasn't in it much =_=
I read somewere there is going to be a season 2. Is it true?
As for the OVA I like it, unusual but still lovely.
FoliFF said:
I read somewere there is going to be a season 2. Is it true?
As for the OVA I like it, unusual but still lovely.
I don't see a way how it could be followed for a whole season with the same characters...
If I remember correctly they said it would be a new cast but it was a while ago I read it so I don't really remember well. Though you guys might know
FoliFF said:
If I remember correctly they said it would be a new cast but it was a while ago I read it so I don't really remember well. Though you guys might know
If they keep Kanade, then it's fine to everybody... Right?...
I guess I was right on this one then. Wonder how it will turn out.
If they do s2 based on the another epilogue I'll rage.

It will fee like the first one then was not valid/real.
Lmao good stuff, thanks for the links guys. The OVA had some pretty funny scenes, thumbs up. xD

Don't really mind if they base s2 off this alternate epilogue. They could still somehow fit the Ep13 epilogue at the end of s2 anyway couldn't they? But, I suppose it just won't be the same without the original gang in the next season.
They could to a prequal, it would just have to be befor Otanishi's time and Tenshi would still be a bad guy T_T