Ah, so another of Mnessie's mysteries is solved. It isn't that you are only half-following my responses, it is more that you read them and then you go off on a tangent thinking about it :P However, I suppose you should be aware that in doing so, you might confuse your listeners, because it comes across as if you were only half-listening to others.

More than the sum of its parts? Maybe for the lesser engineers and aesthetics...humans are beyond arrogant.
You know, this in itself could be an interesting topic. I am not sure how you can apply this phrase to life (those that do), but I know it applies to the culinary arts. The taste of a meal is much more than simply the addition of the individual tastes xP

Beings sensible can still be weak and less rewarding for growth and development. ...
That's all fine and good, but... what makes you so certain the you can choose the optimal solution?

In brief: I argue that humbleness is a good thing and it does not precludes wisdom or learning.

However that is no reason to accept an imperfect answer as the correct answer once it has been made. Not even under the wings of "I did the best I could given the circumstances!"
I was going to argue here, but I then realized you have successfully argued with yourself, so there's really nothing left to add.

StahnAileron said:
Belief =/= bias.
Thanks for the explanation, that cleared things up. I am still trying to figure out what Mnessie's question was about, though. Well, he's going to think about it. So let's wait and see.