Gregol said:
IMHO, men and women are already equal, in the western world, at least, so the next question is world-poverty...
I'm not sure the amount topics/subjects are the way to regulate post size SK7000. May I suggest you set up some guidelines to aid us all here in managing the thread? You can always edit the first post afterwards for first time users. Maybe a simple "throw around only THIS ball for now method?" system

derail from the poverty question? Just a little, really :3

Sorry for derailing so much on world poverty (which I must say I find interesting!) but I had to speak my mind on this. It bothers me to have so little people I know that actually care about emancipation, always being selfish and ignorant about their actions. I'm glad you feel it is important to treat women and men equally so I felt like I wouldn't be wasting my time sharing with you the information I had as I have the idea with so many other people.

To return to your question: I suggest the idea that poverty is the only true root of war as it means a lack of basic provisions which undermines all forms of morality and rationality which is a fundamental requirement for any form of war. (I can already poke some holes in this statement myself but I'd rather let you see through them first to avoid further contamination)