Les Miserables, amazing movie! Very emotional. Russel Crow as Javert didn't have the voice for his part unfortunately(though not through lack of trying) but the others were simply astounding! If you get a chance to see it, I recommend it 100%!
The Bed Sitting Room:

It has it's funny moments (the man who is the BBC and the police inspectors who travel in a balloon attached to a rusted out Bug, for instance) and, in my opinion, is very well shot. It is quite a bizarre British film, and some parts may be hard to follow. But I guess it's best not to think too hard about films like this.

I recommend it.
Senakysam said:
Les Miserables, amazing movie! Very emotional. Russel Crow as Javert didn't have the voice for his part unfortunately(though not through lack of trying) but the others were simply astounding! If you get a chance to see it, I recommend it 100%!
Ohh I saw a trailer when visiting The Hobbit. Looked cool.

The Hobbit is awesomesauce. It starts a bit too slow for my liking, but soon catches up pace! And how! - This is by far the most visually enchanting, beautiful and coolest movie I've seen up to date. I still remember the first time I saw The Fellowship of the Ring, the part where the Ballrog showed up. Other 'Fantasy' like movies never really managed to screen something that beautiful. (Other LotR movies aside, which were also beautiful). But I will need to make The Hobbit my new standard. I won't spoil anything, but this movie was truly pleasure for the eyes. And so much more really. The story isn't what I'd expected at first, but there are still 2 sequels to be seen so they can go various ways. I'm really really curious now. Watching any other movie this year will be hard, until Christmas comes again.
Donnie Darko 9/10

Holy tits, I loved this movie. Especially Donnie and his father, who is kinda like my father.

I'm still confused about the ending spoiler
Mmmm..."Donnie Darko" confused the hell outta me.

I FINALLY get a chance to see "The Meaning of Life", the ONLY Monty Python movie I haven't seen. Also, I'll be watching "Life of Oharu" and "The Dragon Painter" soon. I'll report back with those results later.
migrated from the how was your day thread
so... just got back from watching wreck-it-ralph, it's pretty awesome. but i don't approve of hinky dinky skillrex's music being in the game 'hero's duty'. noticed he was in it too ¬__¬
but it was good though, especially vanellope, i thought she was so friggen cute and cool >;3 i want to hug her!!!
noticed roland is so the hero's duty general
Is it in 3D? :3 I've been curious, but probably won't see it in a cinema. I do want to watch it soon as it becomes available. When I watched 'How to train your dragon' in 3D on our new telly I was pretty amazed. Wreck it ralph has a cool setting which makes it just a tad bit more interesting.

Anyway I've watched a lot of movies over the past few weeks. Most of them were Korean and Japanese movies. White Night, Oldboy, Lady Vengeance, Heavenly forest, Daisy, A Moment To Remember.. And and Porco Rosso! (Which is now my least favorite Ghibli movie.) - All worth watching, but some better than the other.

Currently fretting over which movie I should watch tonight. Probably Antique, but it's in low quality which I detest :(.
I just watched Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps a few days ago (Friday?).
It was pretty good, even if the ending was pretty shit (like most things).
7/10
Artwork said:
Is it in 3D? :3 I've been curious, but probably won't see it in a cinema. I do want to watch it soon as it becomes available. When I watched 'How to train your dragon' in 3D on our new telly I was pretty amazed. Wreck it ralph has a cool setting which makes it just a tad bit more interesting.
hmm, i'm not sure, i didn't watch it in 3d...
how to train your dragon was pretty awesome though, in non 3d of course.

Artwork said:
White Night, Oldboy, Lady Vengeance, Heavenly forest, Daisy, A Moment To Remember.. And and Porco Rosso!
oldboy was insane to watch, lady vengeance made me fall asleep(maybe because i was sleepy to begin with?)
porco rosso was just simply awesome!
here's a movie to watch for you!
Antique (Bakery) was fun! I didn't expect it to have such a background. But it made the whole movie seem just a bit more serious, instead of just having fun baking cakes. Movies like this make me hungry for sweet stuff. Sadly there was non at home, sobbb. Sleep time.
"Life of Oharu" was really, really good, but it was also very sad. I recommend watching it, but not if you have problems with depression.

"The Dragon Painter" was also excellent, but silent films always make me sleepy ^_^'

I watched "The Dagger of Kamui" a few days ago. To me, it seemed quite long for an anime feature. The animation looked very dated (the film is from '85), and there's no sub of the film (for those who prefer subbed stuff). However, the original dialogue and voice acting is done very well, and the story is quite captivating. It's creepy, violent, touching, and all the characters are, in my opinion, well fleshed out. An instant classic.
Did anybody see 'Moonrise Kingdom'? I really want to watch it, but my parents are acting stupid saying a 'romance' with Bruce can't be any good. /I can watch it alone, but I don't really like watching western movies on my own, strangely.
Artwork said:
Did anybody see 'Moonrise Kingdom'? I really want to watch it, but my parents are acting stupid saying a 'romance' with Bruce can't be any good. /I can watch it alone, but I don't really like watching western movies on my own, strangely.
I haven't seen it, but the only movie critic site I trust gave it 8.2/10
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/moonrise_kingdom/
Just watched it. It's a really strange movie, but it's worth the praise.
Beautifully filmed, with great music to compliment the scenes. The two young actors are great really, at the age of 12 and acting like that deserves some praise. I can recommend it, it's funny, strange, a twist of sadness and some young kids romance.

A young girl and boy fall in love and are trying to escape together, resulting in a lot of funny and strange moments.
I watched 'Snakes and Earrings' - strange Japanese movie. Really strange. It wasn't bad or anything, since I like strange things, but it wasn't good either. A girl falls in love with a Punk guy, and starts to change her style to piercings, tattoos etc. Behind the back of her Punk boyfriend, she starts to spend time with the owner of the piercing shop. Badguy is into.. what's it called again. Submission? /sex. There are quite a few sex scenes in the movie, which actually are pretty well made. The story isn't all that strong, but it's cool to see how things progress.

And

The Foreign Duck. Another strange Japanese movie. I knew one of the actors from another movie I watched about 2 weeks back (Fish Story). As for Foreign Duck, it's true to it's name lol. The movie shows a story told by different persons, and in the meantime progresses as the main actor gets to know everybody.
Might as well post too...

I think everyone should watch The Producers (and every Mel Brooks film, for that matter). A timid accountant (Gene Wilder) teams up with a sleezy play producer (Zero Mostel) to make a play that'll be a flop, with the theory being that they can make more money off of a failed play. The play they choose to produce is "Springtime for Hitler", and the guy they get to play Hitler in the production is very, very funny. Long story short, it blows up in their faces.

It is exquisitely written and directed by the genius that is Mel Brooks. His comedy and style is spot on and really has a way of just making you feel good inside. I love Gene Wilder, and I love Mel Brooks!

Please, watch this movie!
Life of Pi.
One word.
Incredible.
I've just watched Himizu. One of the best Japanese movies I've seen in a long while.
The story about a kid who's lost just about everything after the Tsunami hit in JPN. His parents hate him and want him dead. The Jakuza is bothering him because of the dept his father had with them. And this girl who's trying to help him, and set him on the right path.

Over 2 hours of something really good. If you like the japanese cinema I demand you to watch this. Wow.
I suggest ya'll watch the Roberto Rossellini film "The Machine that Kills Bad People". The title alone warrants a viewing. A timid man is given the ability to kill bad poeple in his Italian village in an interesting way. Of course, with so many people in his town being kind of rotten, things get out of hand.

It was pretty good, for a shorter film. Give it a lookie loo.
I saw Django Unchained last week. It was such a good movie! Quintin Tarentino really makes some good stuff. The right placed humor/dialogs. The right actors. An awesome script. An awesome setting. Everything just fitted right in place.
The only thing which slightly bothered me was the lenght. It was around 160minutes long, and I really felt like the movie was coming to and end somewhere at ~120, but it didn't. I wouldn't have mind the movie ending there. But the way the movie ended now was also god damn good. Lengthy, but so good.
magic makes our life colorful. this movie surprise us, and harry potter, the lovely boy, i adore him very much.
I just finished watching 'Josee, the Tiger and the Fish. / Joze to tora to sakana tachi - If anybody is interested, I can dropbox it for you and share the link. Takes a while to upload though, 720p movie ~5gb. But I really want to share it. It's such a beautiful, soothing, funny and yet sad movie. It really made me feel love again. Through a movie, and that's special. The kiss scenes looked so.. inviting :3 - so cute. I never really dislike the movies I pick/watch on my own, and usually say they're pretty good. But this one was special.
1:30am rght now - that's how much I felt like sharing this piece :3.
Went to the last Fast&Furious in the cinema with some friends.
Story wise it's okay, nothing too special. But it had some good moments, since it follows up part 5, and happened before Tokyo Drift. This suddenly means a lot for the upcoming part 7 (yes 7 =_=) since a lot of stuff happened in downtown Tokyo.
Spoiler if you actually care.
Visually the movie was beautiful. Action packed of course. But that's the down side. It focus's to much on action now a days. Where as I would prefer to see street races, tuned cars and all those sexy exhaust, turbo, and drifto sounds.
Holy shit yeah. What did you watch? I'm not even going to check it out after seeing 'Hentai' pop up haha.

Anyway the reason for posting. I just finished watching this lenghty war movie:
The Bortherhood of War - A korean movie of course, but it's incredibly good and spectacular. I even wiped away a small tear in the end.
And another recommendation - Love 911 - Are there actually any people here who watch Korean movies from time to time? Korean cinema is pretty dang good. Best romantic comedies I'd say. I'm going to place this one in my top 5, maybe even top 3.
Artwork said:Are there actually any people here who watch Korean movies from time to time?
Only Old Boy. Which if you haven't seen you need to do so immediately.

Last movie I watched was The Monster Club. In which a vampire (played by Vincent Price.) invites a writer (played by John Carradine.) to a monster nightclub and recounts three horror tales to him.

I particularly enjoyed this scene. Ghouls don't get enough love in film and that artwork is fantastic!
Artwork said:
Are there actually any people here who watch Korean movies from time to time? Korean cinema is pretty dang good.
Not really movies, as I think I've only ever seen one, but I do watch a couple of their variety shows and several of their dramas. ATM, I'm catching up on I Hear Your Voice
I've seen several Korean horror movies. They make pretty good films. I've seen Death Bell, Voice, The Wig, Shadows in the Palace, and The Housemaid.

Shadows in the Palace is sorta light on the horror, as it focuses more on societal politics than on really scary stuff, and The Housemaid is more of a thriller.

I have also seen The Restless, which was really beautiful.
Rurouni Kenshin - The movie my dad all of a sudden also wanted to watch.

It was really appealing and beautifully filmed. I jumped in the air when I heard the OST at the end, ONE OK ROCK yeahhh!