Sorry I meant to put edit in front of it. Wasn't meant to be a topic...

We still need a new topic...
Ace Combat: Joint Assault Mission SP2 on ACE difficulty in Solo mode is maddening.

It's you versus 100 opponents. Not all at once, mind you, but in waves of 9-10 with a special Ace AI between standard waves.

Now, flying against 4-5 enemies at once isn't so bad. I most can probably hold their own...But 9-10 that ALL try to stick colse to you? You constantly hear either the missile warning tone meaning you have a missile incoming or danger tone meaning someone is on your ass and targeting you. Doesn't help the bastard fire from any angle they can get on you. Once you take out a hand ful, it easy. It's the initial engagement that sucks (taking some out at range before they start comabt maneuvers helps)...

...Until you clear the wave and met the ACE opponents who perform flight maneuvers that would kill a human pilot and rip a combat fighter's wings off IRL. Planes don't spontaneously jerk upwards while barrel rolling or perform a cobra with a half roll followed by snapping the nose back down to both evade a missile and turn to meet you...

Those of you who have played the AC-series for any length of time will get what I mean here...

Anyway, after attempting that mission a few time, I understood why the weapon loads in this latest installment was boosted by like 50%-100%: It was SOLELY for this mission. (Which I think was inspired by some of the extra missions that are in the MACROSS ACE games for PSP, also made by NamcoBandai. Except in those games, you have UNLIMITED ammo. You just had to contend with magazine reloads.)

I'm gonna have to play SP2 in co-op mode to beat it AND get an S-Rank...I love the AC series, but this one is just horribly balance in terms of gameplay and mission structure at times...There's one HORRIBLY boring mission that's exceeding long for very not much reward (even more so in Co-op). And oddly enough, I notice there's not a single at-sea fleet battle in this one at all. All the other AC games I've played have you sinking a fleet of ships at least a couple of times...

I understand the game is geared for Multiplayer...But the mission selection kinda blows (some damn near REQUIRE having a full squad of players to make it bearable; for others, one player with a decent fighter is already overkill.)

Gah! Long post...
StahnAileron said:
...Until you clear the wave and met the ACE opponents who perform flight maneuvers that would kill a human pilot and rip a combat fighter's wings off
Sounds like Hawx, that s*it makes no sense

Still have to play the ace combats...
Get a torrent eventually...

StahnAileron said:
It's you versus 100 opponents
Reminds me of another game I played, which had something like you VS 64,000 enemies at once.
AC2 and 5 are my faves.

1 is old as dirt now and was much improved overall with 2.

3 was okay. Flight interface was annyong as hell though. It was a cool idea...Just not very practical. But the game itself had it moments of fun and it pioneered some features used in the later games, namely special weapons.

4 was fun, but the mission selection was relatively small, though each mission was longer than usual. I'm glad they got rid of the in-mission reloading though. It really broke the flow of gameplay during a mission.

5 had the best mood and story/setting to date for me. Actually made me feel like I was part of the game.

6 I have played since i don't have an Xbox 360.

I didn't bother with GBA one.

X for the PSP was fun. It was one of my staple PSP games.
looking at screenshots now... Is there an assistance off mode where you can do all sorts of fancy stuff, like that, or is it constantly that

And it IS on pc right. Don't want to waste time looking for torrents when its not on pc
LoL Ace Combat is a console-only series. NamcoBandai isn't known for PC games, if at all.

You need one of the following:

• PSone (1-3)
  • PS2 (4-5)
  • Xbox 360 (6)
  • Gameboy Advance (Advance)
  • PSP (X, Joint Assault)
  • PS3 (upcoming Joint Horizon; early 2011. Don't quite remember off-hand if it's a PS3 exclusive or will be ported to 360.)
I own or have owned series systems at once. It's expensive as hell at times. The most at one time:

• PC
  • PS2 (x2: one US, other JPN.)
  • PSP (Work-related travel convinced me to get one)
  • GBA SP (I forgot why I got this...I think it was the cheap price at the time and the fact I was living on an aircraft carrier when I bought it. I'm pretty sure it wasn't because of a game I wanted to play.)
  • GC (I essentially bought this for one fucking game...)
Right now I'm just rocking a PC, PS3, and PSP. I have my JPN PS2 also, but I haven't used it much.
I had all of those consles except the ps3 + xbox 360. Now I only have the ps2, and I barely use it.

Annoying its not on pc, though I shouldn't be getting more games, with the already mountainous pile of games, anime, amv's and studying I need to finish, lets just say that restraint isn't something i'm good at.

What game did you buy your GC for?
Tales of Symphonia. I'm a fairly big fan of the Tales of~ series also.
Hmm. Not the largest fan of jrpgs (it is a Jpg Right?).
Most or less. I got into is because the gameplay is real-time, not turn-based, and the series is produced generallay like an anime. The chars have personalities and quirks. I got into it when I played Tales of Destiny back on the PS1. That was the first game of the series released in the US. (Original first game was Tales of Phantasia.)

And much like the FF-series, each title is mostly independent relative to another. (The exception being the Symphonia sequel, Knight of Ratatosk.)
Meh I dislike the FF's.

Real time jpg, interesting. So whats the game play like, since its not turn based is it kinda like dynasty warriors or something like that.
One of the types of JRPGs I like is when they actually have anime cutscenes in them, or at least in the opening. I always like to see between the 3d and the 2d versions of the characters. Of course not for every game though.

@Stahn:

I've had all those too. Actually I have 2 PSP's, one for strictly JPN and the other for US. Also have a Wii (Family christmas present) and my old N64 is still around somewhere. I find it funny how we don't have xbox360's, though it's understandable. I'd only get it for an estimate of around 20ish games, and maybe games that are proven to be better on the Xbox over PS3 (like Bayonetta).
I don't have an xbox for the simple reason that i'm a fan boy towards the ps1+2+3.
There's not enough games exclusive to the Xbox that I want to play enough that I'm willing to shell out the cash for ANOTHER system. Only games I want for it are AC6 and Tales of Vesperia. And even then, I'd rather they release the PS3 version of ToV here in the US. I learned my lesson with my GC about buying a system for just one game...

As for the Tales series, the fights are still separate events (the series is not a true Action-RPG like Zelda or the Mana series). They kinda play like a very simplistic fighting game. The newer versions (from about Symphonia on) are 3D, so you fight on an actual field area. (Prior versions had you on a 2D line like oldschool fighting games.) The Star Ocean series uses a similar combat system.
Ever since Recettear has been released, capitalism has had me addicted. Cheeky characters and lolis that fuck up your dreams to be a slum lord make for an amusing game.
I'm planing on grabbing that soon enough. I've been playing ACJA and King's Bounty:AP in the meantime. I still have VC2 to play later on also.
So a friend just recently showed me a video of a new game to be released for the PS3 known as Vanquish. Has anyone else seen it?
Yup, looks rather interesting.
HawthorneKitty said:
Ever since Recettear has been released, capitalism has had me addicted. Cheeky characters and lolis that fuck up your dreams to be a slum lord make for an amusing game.
Capitalism, ho!

Downloaded the demo yesterday and couldn't stop playing.
Anyone ever played Shadow of the colossus. One of the greatest game ever made, in my opinion.

And not much can rival: Flying sneaky speedy horsey leapy stabby WAHAY!
:O

Portal Two? D:<
I haven't even finished portal 1, but i've heard of its perfection, so i'm keeping an eye on 2.

And i'm not sure if the 2'ND one can rival Flying sneaky speedy horsey leapy stabby WAHAY!
Portal one is a simple compilation of puzzles that you solve by, at first, going through mounted portals. then gaining a portal ray that shoots the blue portal. Then gaining the orange attachment to the blue ray to shoot both portals, I finished the game in around a week.

Including the time challenges and such...

The actual campaign was LAME PUN ALERT, DONT CLICK UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE MIND FUCKED!
AAARRRGH MY MIND, MY EXISTENCE IS A LIE, THE CAKE IS TRUE.

I have played portal, but only for a few hours. It was pretty fun though, and i'm actually gonna get it.
How can you not know of Portal 2?
They issued a couple patches to Portal just to insert clues to teasers for it.

Is it me or is that video corrupt?
I'm not sure why, but I've been getting corrupt videos sometimes for a couple weeks.
Did I say I didn't know portal 2? If so my bad, I do know a bit about it, but since I haven't finished the 1'st one, i'm only keeping an eye on it, and will make a decision as to buy, download or ignore after I finish the 1'st one.

@Goggles, and wow, that pun was Really bad.
Can't wait for Portal 2..

TGS news:
YES to a Team Ico collection next year.
Meh to Valkyria Chronicles staying on psp.
!? to the Demon's Souls team working on a new game called Project Dark.

Currently playing: Demon's Souls new game+, Halo Reach, and Minecraft.
I'm mildly pissed about VC3 being PSP-only too. While I like my PSP, VC was one of those game whose control scheme and interface was designed and meant for a console, not a portable. I don't like the revised controls they came up with for VC2 on the PSP.

SEGA and NamcoBandai's (actually, A LOT of the JPN game companies') decisions lately regarding game releases make little to no sense to me these days. Talk about a stagnant market...