Never knew it was a rule. Just felt like saying it.
It's not so much a rule as simple common sense. Did you even read the opening post?

Black_Rock_Shooter said:
Who are the car people here? What do you drive? Daily and for fun? What have you done to your ride, what do you want to do? What car would you LOVE to have? Cars, SUVs, trucks, motorcycles, domestic or exotic, I wanna see what people here like and what sorts of mods people are into.
That tells you what the topic is for. If you don't have anything to say on that topic, don't post there. Just like you wouldn't post in the game thread to say "I don't play games" or in the music thread to say "There's nothing better than silence"...
Zolxys said:
"There's nothing better than silence"...
Silence gives me quite serious anxiety, it does.
Zolxys said:
It's not so much a rule as simple common sense. Did you even read the opening post?

That tells you what the topic is for. If you don't have anything to say on that topic, don't post there. Just like you wouldn't post in the game thread to say "I don't play games" or in the music thread to say "There's nothing better that silence"...
Basically sometime it's just best saying nothing at all and just walk away from the topic itself and focus on something more productive, I don't mean to offend Maff but you're way too ignorant for your own good.

Start working on your self control please.
otaku_emmy said:
Silence gives me quite serious anxiety, it does.
It does the opposite for me.
It puts my mind at ease, telling me there's nothing around me apart from the things I'm conscious of.
Telling me there's nothing to worry about.
Telling me I'm safe.
mattiasc02 said:
I would never drive in my life.
Good luck with that. You live in America. Holding down a job without a car is very difficult.

Tesla's aren't particularly environmentally friendly. Current battery technology isn't exactly green, you're just moving the environmental damage from your backyard to wherever the nickel mines are.
Cars scare me in general mainly due to a time where i got hit by one when i was on my bike and went flying and thought i was going to die, That and i wouldn't be able to handle all of the pressure in traffic and would most likely start freaking out.
mattiasc02 said:
I would never drive in my life.
Seriously, why?, afraid to drive or something?
spoiler

And I'm gargling laughing...
mattiasc02 said:
But oh my gosh, “But if your local grid incorporates a fair amount of renewable solar and wind energy, like California, your electric vehicle is pretty clean.” 😍😍😍
Wind turbines literally need crude oil to exist and function. I don't know why more people - grown-ass people - don't know this. It's not "green" at all.

They also kill birds and have considerable impact on local wildlife.

Talking of this makes me think of Kiho...
So do you have a crush on a middle-aged, straight, married man or something?
otaku_emmy said:
Wind turbines literally need crude oil to exist and function. I don't know why more people - grown-ass people - don't know this. It's not "green" at all.

They also kill birds and have considerable impact on local wildlife.
Sure but it's a lot less per MW/h than any of the combustion based energies. Fission is still the safest and least damaging, even with the meltdowns. But people fear what they don't understand.

mattiasc02 said:
And my dad says that I shouldn’t be too obsessed with recycling because the recycling organization is one big business, but I do it anyway because it’s better than throwing it in the trash… I think. But he also claims that if there’s any damage, the recycling people will throw it away.
Yes, the recycling centers will throw away anything that isn't perfect and recycling generally is less efficient than creating new.

If you care that much about being green just about the only significant thing you can do as an individual is to stop eating cow products.
traz64 said:
to stop eating cow products.
Love me some goddamn cow products though. Holy shit. Forget about it.

But I do think it's cool that people are trying to make alternatives to that kind of stuff. I tried that Impossible Whopper a while ago. Blew my mind.
Speaking of cow products i hardly ever drink milk anymore i mainly use it for making sauce.
PrimalAgony said:
Speaking of cow products i hardly ever drink milk anymore i mainly use it for making sauce.
Same tbh. Minus the sauce part. I still love milk, but I never really drink it anymore. And it tears my stomach up.

But you gotta have milk with cookies. And I'm a slave to cheese.
mattiasc02 said:
Because it's scary... And omg if I were to EVER live in south america... NEVER driving there... XD fuck
Why? :p, holes in the street?, thefts?
spoiler
mattiasc02 said:
How come?
Recycling=breaking down material+forming product
Creating=harvesting material+forming product
If the energy required to break down a material is greater than the energy required to harvest a material it's inefficient.

But would throwing recyclable items in the trash be just as good/better than recycling then? I always pick the lesser evil.
It does not matter. The only difference is it's costing you the mental and physical effort to separate the two bins.

Also, taxis are not classified as public transport.
We recycle, but only because I feel bad throwing away plastic bottles, cans, paper, and the boxes that crackers or snacks come in. Plus our garbage can fills up too fast when we throw EVERYTHING away.
mattiasc02 said:
The awareness that if I make one wrong move, I can cut open and die and have my meat showing allover.
Buy a car with airbags...
Take some driving classes...

Do you even realize that the driver's seat is usually the safest one?

You're scared of driving because you might die, but you're perfectly fine having someone else drive you? You must have an incredibly low opinion of yourself if you think you're that much more likely to make a mistake even after you've learned to drive.
That's the reason I don't drive. I have rather serious anxiety issues. Plus I'm pretty sure I shouldn't operate "heavy machinery" (I stay high asf all day anymore; I'm not ashamed of that).

I stay on edge just being in the passenger's seat. Cars seem much, much closer to me than they actually are, and I always feel like we're going too fast or everyone else is going too fast (which they often are).

Plus my legs are fucked, and I remember having to bend my right leg uncomfortably just to get to the pedals.

The guy who was my driving instructor also aggressively and childishly smacked my arms away from the wheel as I was driving because he got upset with me. That almost made me cry (in front of my fellow classmate).
You guys are soon approaching 250 000 post mark on the site. Be sure to upload something good when that happens :) Round numbers must not be deleted!
Though that's not exactly how this numbering works. Technically we are at something 314 934, but you know, I like pretty numbers anyway.
kyxor said:
You guys are soon approaching 250 000 post mark on the site.
I miss when the card-holding catgirls used to be animated; it was one of the allures of the site, not that I like this place any less because they don't move anymore.
traz64 said:
Also, taxis are not classified as public transport.
Wait, what?

kyxor said:
You guys are soon approaching 250 000 post mark on the site. Be sure to upload something good when that happens :) Round numbers must not be deleted!
Though that's not exactly how this numbering works. Technically we are at something 314 934, but you know, I like pretty numbers anyway.
Maybe we should get ourselves a special post ready for this. Not completely sure how to do it though. Since I have a cold, I've had too much free time and started to fuck around a bit in paint.NET, so maybe I can do a decent edit of someone holding a sign.
Mr.peanutbutter said:
I've had too much free time and started to fuck around a bit in paint.NET, so maybe I can do a decent edit of someone holding a sign.
I thought the same, I actually edited 1 image and a GIF, the GIF I'm still in doubt, but I personally liked the 1st image, I can extend both, I just tried these two, I'll look for some more that might look good later, now I am going to sleep.

Source

Img

GIF
After a while, I managed to create the following.
Boop.

The original is linked in there as well.
Please tell me what you guys think.

RyuZU said:
I thought the same, I actually edited 1 image and a GIF, the GIF I'm still in doubt, but I personally liked the 1st image, I can extend both, I just tried these two, I'll look for some more that might look good later, now I am going to sleep.

Source

Img

GIF
They look really good!
If only I were as talented. Allow me to me steal your skills.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Mr.peanutbutter said:
After a while, I managed to create the following.
Boop.

The original is linked in there as well.
Please tell me what you guys think.
I liked it.

They look really good!
If only I were as talented. Allow me to me steal your skills.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
It was not complicated, very simple actually, I just painted the previous characters in white, downloaded a Japanese font, and put the numbers.
RyuZU said:
It was not complicated, very simple actually, I just painted the previous characters in white, downloaded a Japanese font, and put the numbers.
Still, you'd never guess they were edits.
Now this is what I call dedication! I did not expect you guys to go all out on this and create these pictures. Keeping up the spirit on the site is important - makes me feel happy.
kyxor said:
Now this is what I call dedication! I did not expect you guys to go all out on this and create these pictures. Keeping up the spirit on the site is important - makes me feel happy.
It was literally just finding a high-res pic, making the canvas bigger and adding in some text using a font from the internet, but sure.

I'm also going to sleep, so I'll probably miss the milestone by a teeny tiny bit.
I'll post the image as soon as I wake up. (Assuming we'll have hit the goal.)