This topic is locked.

Eroge Ban = Anime Apocalypse?!
I heard from somewhere that because of one eroge that stepped over the line in decency that some British group is politically trying to remove/ban all erotic content from all Japanese games, manga, and anime.

If this is true and they end up succeeding, are we going to lose some of our greatest titles of games and anime!?
I guess you are talking about Rape Play, and caused quite a commotion worldwide. More like "commotion".

Governments are just shit and worry in things they shouldn't.

In any case this is old news and it will be eventually forgotten probably...
Shuugo said:
I guess you are talking about Rape Play, and caused quite a commotion worldwide. More like "commotion".
Holy shit that was fun game, still have the .exe somewhere in my storage room. But yea, leave it to the news and govt to blow shit up. Just like the e-drugs that was going around.
Agos, it won't matter unless the JPN gov't steps in to enforce it on their industries. Most any other country can do is ban it in their territory and put pressure on JPN.

Equality Now, UNICEF Japan (which has no affiliation with the real UNICEF) and some other interest groups have been pushing this for years now. JPN politics is notorious for avoiding the "issue" it seems.