This topic is locked.

API changes?
Hello,

I'm the developer of "Danbooru Client" (a browser-less alternative for Danbooru sites, which uses their API), and I noticed that in recent times the API calls didn't really work. Upon investigation, I noticed that "page=" parameters no longer work: I only get XML like

<posts count="76454" offset="48">\n\t\n</posts>

(this was done accessing http://konachan.com/post/index.xml?page=4 )

Has the API changed somehow?

Thanks in advance.
This is not what I meant. That link doesn't give me the XML the Danbooru API is supposed to give me (just tested with a simple script).
The question is: Will that Client show ads or not? If it doesn't, don't expect much support here. What it does is basically just leeching from the site without giving anything in return (and looking at ads is not that much to bear, especially not on konachan).
API is for information, not files. If somebody wants he can parse HTML responce. And somebody else uses AdBlock/NoScript/etc. API is here for purpose of using 3rd party software.
Anyway, it's hardly possible to show konachan's ads in software (you need to emulate browser's behavior).
naikoto said:
API is for information, not files.
Well, strictly speaking, files are just another type of information. Information that takes the form of a picture, not text. Just saying :)
makaan said:
The question is: Will that Client show ads or not? If it doesn't, don't expect much support
It doesn't. But if the administrators felt that this would be a nuisance, they could shut off API access entirely.
There's currently a work in progress in the API.
Shuugo said:
There's currently a work in progress in the API.
Thanks for the explanation. Are incompatible changes to be expected?
einar said:
Thanks for the explanation. Are incompatible changes to be expected?
The API changes are in hand of a dev on oreno.imouto, like most of the site stuff except a few exceptions.

As far as I know I think the changes all will be related to rebuilding the site itself arround the API.