API and checking
Hey guys I know I touched on this on another one of my posts but if I kept posting about it there I might pull that one totally off track.

But when I pull a request with post.json it give you back all the basic information but is there but I see that has_comments is missing from the new system.

Is this something that will come back? making another call to the api to the comments seems a little over kill.

or am I using the wrong call, it there a more information call to make it so it will return if it has comments, notes and so on?

I would like to link to the comments if there are some and note, also is there away to link to a users username and image, for a user who's posted the image?

Is there a api what lets you guys tack who is using what as I happy to submit a check to that api so you know users are coming from the app.

Sorry I am still learning here if I am asking noobies questions.
We don't have any staff that are able to investigate the API here and make changes. I would love to fix it up (add relevant values that are missing and create calls that provide results matching the browser experience). I would make time for that if I had the opportunity.

Our code was forked from an old version of Moebooru. No one but the owner has full access to it and last I heard he doesn't work with Ruby. Although, there have been recent updates, assumedly taken from parts of more recent versions.

In the past, I have requested and received single files of our code. But the owner hasn't seemed willing to share it in full, so I haven't pressed the matter.

*Edit:
I doubt your project will include the forums, but I'll mention it anyway. This could possibly apply to the comments as well.

As I recall, the API will return forum posts in order of date last edited and will not provide the original posting date. You can still sort them on the client side using the post ID after downloading all pages of posts. But if you want to provide dates, you'll just have to use the HTML version (parse it or include a web view).
I have not dug that far in to the API yet lol I not sure a desktop app would need a forum option but same time I guess a forum viewer option could be added, since I have no way to really protect the user I wouldn't ever offer them means to login and edit I would rather just include a browser to they can do that them selves via the site.

Thanks tho all of this has been fuel for thought.

I could add a option that checks for notes and comments if the user requests it, if you look at the kingfisheranime https://imgur.com/a/f6six

You can see you have the image then collect and tags, so what I could do is maybe add a new option in that list, calling it something like more information or details, where it can request the comments and notes api without having two api calls when we call the image list(posts).

I will also be playing with style I wanted to play with a more matrix like green and black style in the future but for now I made them brown's and coffee colours basked on my name for it Koffee, but I might add just a few extra theme options later so users can pick there own.