Regarding the cropped tag:

On post #314600:
mattiasc02 said:
Didn’t we talk about this before?

I don’t think the tag should apply here. Like, at all. Residue is not an issue, and is something that SHOULD be cropped out. I even cropped this image myself to compare it with battlequeens and battle queen only cropped out residue, which is necessary (residue is the blending of the color of the image and the color of the border. Is real ugly)
For the most part, yes.

Zolxys said:
[---] we don't use the tag for the cropping of borders or other material that isn't part of the artwork.

If the image were cropped any more than required to remove the borders and flaws long the edge of the scan, the tag should be added.
The two sentences above don't cover how to tag when cropping part of the content, but only enough to remove flaws.

Zolxys said:
If you only removed what was necessary to get rid of the border and flaws along the edges, it's not necessarily required. Use your own judgement for that. Basically, if you think that someone very exacting might want to see or use the original, you should add the tag.
When you zoom in to crop perfectly, you tend to want to remove the lighter, darker, or discolored pixels along the edge. But when you zoom out, depending on the content along the edges, even a 2 pixel depth of those "flawed" lines can make it look like unnecessary cropping.

Zoom out to 100% and use your own judgement. If you think someone very exacting might think you cropped to much and would prefer the original, then the tag should be added. Though it will usually be best to upload a version that doesn't warrant the tag.

*Edit
In the case of scans though, we're quite a bit more lenient. You pretty much can't avoid cropping part of the content when cropping a scan. So in those cases, the tag is generally used only when cropping more than necessary.