Edit: Got ninja'd :p

That's what I meant. You find healthy ways to work with and around certain disorders and illnesses. Learn to recognize when you're not feeling well, understand WHY you feel that way, and develop methods to work through those troughs. Don't pin your emotional wellbeing on other people and expect them to make everything better. If something or someone is really bothering you, there's nothing wrong with taking a step back and letting it go. Stuff like that.

I see too many people desperately trying to cling to trivial, fantastical shit in order to cope with their own existences. I use escapism as a coping mechanism too, but you have to be able to decipher what is important and what isn't. What is real and what isn't. You know? You have to be able to truly KNOW yourself. The good, the bad, and the ugly. If you can't face your own flaws and the ugliness inside you, you're never going to get better.

I also understand that some people don't WANT to get better and be better human beings. That's a different kettle of fish though.